• Disappearing/Reappearing

Dressing up a tee shirt?

Most of you know that my husband is deployed right now. He is supposed to be returning the middle of July. I wanted to look really nice when he steps off the plane. You know, all dressed up. Well, I had an idea, and had cute teeshirts made for me and our daughter to wear when we pick him up. Then, it hit me.....there goes looking "cute". I figured now I could wear a nice pair of jeans, a cute pair of shoes...and try to dress up the tee shirt. Make it look less.."I just threw this on after not seeing you for six months" ish. But, it still hit me as just jeans and a teeshirt. Then, I had an idea....would it make the shirt look better if I wore a cute little jean skirt instead of just jeans? I not talking mini skirt, here. I am a mom. Something like this:

Just a few....inches...longer. haha.

If I wore the skirt with the shirt and a cute pair of ballet flats....would that look better?

• no flash photography...

Re: Dressing up a tee shirt?

I think no matter what you choose to wear he will just be thrilled to see you.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

He's going to be THRILLED to see you no matter what you are wearing. Maybe a cute little brown sweater or something. I like your idea of the skirt though. =)
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Thanks. I know he'll be thrilled. I just like to dress up for him..and what better occasion? I really want to dress up our daughter too. But, I'm at a loss for what to do there. Her shirt is light grey....and she really doesn't like skirts. I'd love to curl her hair and fix it really pretty, her hair does not hold a curl though. And it seems no matter what I do to it, she looks like a wild thing after 10 mins anyway. She's such a tomboy. Maybe, I'll just put her hair in two ponytails. She's 6, she can still pull off that look. LOL. Maybe curl some pretty ribbons and have those tied to the ponytails. That would be cute.

• Circle of Ancients

I think you're sweet and I think your husband will be thrilled to see you and your daughter no matter what you're wearing. The outfit you're planning sounds darling. Maybe you can have a red rose in your hand and your daughter can have an "I love you Daddy" sign in her hands. Wish I could be there to witness the happy reunion.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    She's such a tomboy. Maybe, I'll just put her hair in two ponytails. She's 6, she can still pull off that look. LOL.
    Wait... You can't pull that off later in life? Crud I just wore my hair in pigtails (little bun ones) today.

What about kitten or wedge heels? Nothing super high but I notice if I wear even a little heel it dresses up even the most slouchy outfit (not that a jean skirt and t-shirt are slouchy in fact I have a skirt very similar to that, but in general). You can find some super comfy wedges at like Naturalizer and such. And I picked up a few pairs from there that are Mary Jane and I can wear them for days and yet still look adorable. You're probably going to be waiting a lot before they are allowed to disembark. Comfy cute shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup View Post
    I think you're sweet and I think your husband will be thrilled to see you and your daughter no matter what you're wearing. The outfit you're planning sounds darling. Maybe you can have a red rose in your hand and your daughter can have an "I love you Daddy" sign in her hands. Wish I could be there to witness the happy reunion.
    thank you. I'm planning on making a big sign that says "welcome home Daddy" and me and her holding it up for him. I know it will embarrass him...but, we will be SO glad to see him!

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    Wait... You can't pull that off later in life? Crud I just wore my hair in pigtails (little bun ones) today.

What about kitten or wedge heels? Nothing super high but I notice if I wear even a little heel it dresses up even the most slouchy outfit (not that a jean skirt and t-shirt are slouchy in fact I have a skirt very similar to that, but in general). You can find some super comfy wedges at like Naturalizer and such. And I picked up a few pairs from there that are Mary Jane and I can wear them for days and yet still look adorable. You're probably going to be waiting a lot before they are allowed to disembark. Comfy cute shoes.
    ~looks around~ psst......I wear my hair in ponytails when I'm a Disney World......shhhhh.

LOL

I was thinking of wedges or some heels. (I can't walk in kitten heels. Stilletos? yes. Kittens? no. Weird) I actually own only one pair of flats. Would have to buy ballet flats. But, I just couldn't figure out what color wedges or heels. The ballet flats had little blue flowers on them, so I thought they would match the shirt.

What color wedges or heels would you suggest?
    Last edited by Stitchy; 02-18-2009 at 10:54 AM.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Grey shirt?

Black pants. Can't go wrong.

oo, that's an idea. Better than plain blue jeans.

• Mrs. J. Depp

You are too cute getting all worried at what to wear. I dress up t-shirts all the time, it's my stigma. Wear a really cute pair of pants/jeans (or skirt) and wear cute jewelry to accessorize. Pick simple but cute shoes that make it look like you are age appropriate but not scandalous (believe me a lot of women do not know how to pull this off). So heels would probably be a no, possibly wedges but I think even that is pushing it. I like the ballet flats idea a lot, it's classic, you can dress it up or down.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• I'll pencil this in later

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    thank you. I'm planning on making a big sign that says "welcome home Daddy" and me and her holding it up for him. I know it will embarrass him...but, we will be SO glad to see him!
    This brings back memories of me, my sister, and my mom waiting for my dad to come back, we had a little sign saying welcome home daddy, too cute, so glad he is coming home safe and you guys get to see him! He will probably be too happy to see you to even notice what you're wearing! But, I think the skirt/ ballet flats is a cute idea. Even jeans and ballet flats will be cute.. you're going to look super cute no matter what you wear cuz you're Stitchy!

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    You are too cute getting all worried at what to wear. I dress up t-shirts all the time, it's my stigma. Wear a really cute pair of pants/jeans (or skirt) and wear cute jewelry to accessorize. Pick simple but cute shoes that make it look like you are age appropriate but not scandalous (believe me a lot of women do not know how to pull this off). So heels would probably be a no, possibly wedges but I think even that is pushing it. I like the ballet flats idea a lot, it's classic, you can dress it up or down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayangelo View Post
    This brings back memories of me, my sister, and my mom waiting for my dad to come back, we had a little sign saying welcome home daddy, too cute, so glad he is coming home safe and you guys get to see him! He will probably be too happy to see you to even notice what you're wearing! But, I think the skirt/ ballet flats is a cute idea. Even jeans and ballet flats will be cute.. you're going to look super cute no matter what you wear cuz you're Stitchy!
    aw, thank you guys! I guess it's in my personality to think things out WAY ahead of time. I had the shirts ordered a week after he left! LOL. I'm thinking of going with the skirt and ballet flats. And for our daughter...a cute little pair of black pants and ponytails with colorful ribbons to bring some color into it.

Thanks SO much for everyone's input!

I went to Goodwill to drop off some stuff today. While I was there, I looked through the skirts since I haven't had any luck finding what I wanted in the stores. I came across a brand new looking, Gap jean skirt. It was a little longer than I wanted, but I tried it on (along with some shorter ones) and found out that with my long legs...short is really not the way to go! LOL. So, the Gap skirt fit perfectly..and when I came home, I tried it on with the shirt, and shoes I bought yesterday. It looks great! I'm SO excited! My outfit is done...and now, I just have to finish getting something together for the kiddo. I'm thinking.. a really cute black, cloth skirt and black, casual mary janes for her. Put her hair in ponytails with ribbons...and tada!

Thanks again, guys for all the help and input!