Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Re: Getting married.. for cheap?

Quote Originally Posted by Skywaygrl View Post
    As I remember it you had an awesome reverend.
    Indeed, the best Rev. ever!!

I agree a dessert reception might be your best bet. You can get a cheap cake, maybe even some cookies too, have a toast... have it at someone's house/backyard. Cheap and relaxed.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Disappearing/Reappearing

ooo, I like the idea of doing it in someone's yard! You could string white Christmas lights, play music. It'd be really cute!

• Proud US Navy Wife

Any one have any clue where to get the mickey and minnie cake topper? (i saw one for 30 bucks but it was sold out)

Edit: Sorry, I was in the middle of posting and had to rush my son to the ER for the third day in a row.. He had a 103.2 temp.

So, it looks like we will be having it at my uncles house, he has a huge new house with huge backyard and covered patio. my aunt martha will be making the cake (hence i need the topper.) So doing the christmas lights thing! We are also going for an asiany/disney vibe... prolly more asiany.. Does anyone know how I can possibly convince a photographer to take pictures of our wedding for.. food? or like.. a little ammount of money? my family is ..challenged with cameras and so is his..(maybe someone on here who is awsome? we could work something out!) my grandma said she refuses not to let me have food at the reception so shes paying for catoring. my cousin is ordained so she will do the vows and such.. I am only 19 and he is only 20 so I dont know how to go about getting booze for everyone else.. as all my friends are older then me ^^; i think grandma volunteered.. but.. any idea on something that tastes good for our toasts? (non alchoholic) apple cider is nasty.. uhm.. thats all i have so far! also anyone know any good florists that arent too expensive in/near corona? (thats where he lives) or even a flower school or something XD Uhm, please keep the ideas coming! I love them all and they really do help!
    Last edited by Kittiekyo; 03-02-2009 at 12:30 AM. Reason: finishing my post

• Disney Nerd

My husband and I planned our whole wedding in 2 months for less than $1000.. including my dress & his tux....

The above idea for the flowers is great. I went with my best friend to a flow wholesale shop and ordered the flowers I wanted. It cost us $50 for 6 different kinds of flowers, baby's breath, and blue/yellow rose petals. Then the day before the bridesmaids/grooms women (my hubby's 2 besties are girls.) and myself all hung out at my mom's house and made our own bouquets, corsages and boutinieers (sp?). The neat part was that each one of us had unique look that fit us and a great memory to go along with it!

And the best part of an inexpensive wedding.....pot luck! I know, it sounds crazy! But our families loved it. Plus, it created the opportunity for our guests to get to know each without us doing every single introduction. People were chatting and trading recipes and we had amazing food! It was a blast.

Good Luck! I'm sure it will be an amazing day!

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kittiekyo View Post
    any idea on something that tastes good for our toasts? (non alchoholic) apple cider is nasty..
    Trader Joe's has sparkling blueberry, pomegranate, and raspberry juices for about $3 a bottle. It's a yummy twist on the sparkling cider.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

This is my favorite non-alcoholic wedding punch, but as you can see there are other recipes on this site also:

Punch-in-a-cloud

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

For photogs... post on craigslist or check with a local college. A lot of students will do it for free or cheap to build their portfolios.

We had Mickey/Minnie bell we bought at the character warehouse... I'm not sure what toppers you're looking for. We also have a platic mickey/minnie bride and groom someone gave us that would work, but I'm not sure where they came from!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

You could do some sort of club soda+ juice toast. I love club soda/tonic water with anything so... Or you can go to Walmart and they have flavored carbonated water which is yummy...

Flowers on the cheap: maybe think something outside the box.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

For the yummy toasting beverage, I've always found cherry 7-up a fancy bubbly drink. That's what the underaged ones in my family were served when there was an occasion with an alcoholic toast.

The Mickey and Minnie cake toppers are on eBay. And start to think of something else. What about the wedding Mickey and Minnie Christmas ornament? They'll be on sale and I know there are a few cute designs. I was originally going to use one of those on our cake (the third eBay link) but ended up using a sparkly heart instead.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MINNIE-MICKEY-JU...3A1%7C294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/DISNEY-MICKEY-GR...efaultDomain_0

http://cgi.ebay.com/DISNEY-CHRISTMAS...efaultDomain_0

The LA wholesale Flower Mart has a lot of great bargains. I don't know exactly where it is located, but I know for the best selection you have to get there before the crack of dawn. Literally. But Trader Joe's always seems to have such pretty blooms and in such great varieties. And there's youtube videos out there on creating your own wedding bouquets.
    Last edited by MissChristine; 03-03-2009 at 11:49 PM.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    If you didn't want to do dinner or felt weird about having people pay their own way why not do a simple cake reception? At certain stores right now they're having $1 days for cake mixes. You could just do cake, punch, and that's it. You could even do that at a picnic table on the beach. And if you're like "ack I can't decorate a cake..." Maybe ask one of your craftier friends to make it as a wedding gift. Maybe at the same time of the cake making, make extra cupcakes as a souviner?

Cake Decorating: Get Tips for Creative Cake Decorating Designs and Ideas from Wilton
    If you need ideas...Good luck!

I really like this idea. I think having a simple ceremony and simple cake and punch and coffee reception afterward can be just as romantic and sweet as a big shindig.

And maybe a few hours afterward, you and your immediate families could go to dinner at a really nice restaurant and it probably wouldn't be as awkward to ask them to pay for themselves in lieu of a rehearsal dinner which traditionally the groom's parents pay for.

• Banned User

I got married in a rose garden. Cost us $50 for the place and I had a friend, who was an ordained minister, officiate the ceremony! You CAN do it cheap, and, you have all of the ocean towns nearby. I'd totally do it on the beach and have friends come along and have a party at a family member's house afterward!

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

We essentially eloped. We got married at sunrise in a gazebo on a beach on the East coast, with the minimal number of people present as witnesses. We didn't tell anyone in our friends or family (with one exception) until we got back home after the weekend. It was simple, but more meaningful for us as it was about the marriage taking place, not about the flowers, attendants, etc.
    To each his own :-)
    There is no reason at all that you can't have a party next year on your anniversary, even renew your vows if you wish.
    If time is of the essence, just do what needs to be done, wherever you can afford to do it. Those who love you will understand you didn't have the time or the funds to put on an elaborate wedding. If every guest brings food instead of a gift you can just have a picnic at the beach after the vows are exchanged. No one is out a ton of money, you get to enjoy each other's company with no stress, and everyone 'helped'.
    You'll figure it out, and I hope you keep us posted. Best wishes!

• 333: I'm only half evil!!

Blog Entries

Something my friend did for her photos was bought a bunch of disposable cameras and had her guests take pics...you get lots of different angles. Good luck with the plans.
    AP Holder.
    Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.

• Proud US Navy Wife

now it seems like we might be getting married at knotts.. anyone a good photographer or know how i can bait photomatt or someone else into taking wedding pics?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12