Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Re: Herbal Essences Hair Products.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    PS...tell me how you like that shampoo. I've been thinking about trying the long term relationship....but, I need something for frizzies. If that works for you...I might try it.
    The last time I tried Herbal Essence, it made my forehead break out horribly. That was the original formula though.
    I've only had it for a day, but I'm already loving the shampoo & conditioner. The smoothing creme is AMAZING. Simply wonderful, it made my hair so smooth and controlled after one use - they seem to work well as a trio. I'll update with my thoughts in about a week so I'll have a chance to really use the products.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Try the John Frieda Frizz-Ease line sometime. Great stuff!
    I'll definately look into that line next time, thanks!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I've been mixing equal parts "none of your frizzness leave-in-creme" and "totally twisted curl boosting mousse" and applying it to my hair while damp...the twisted mouse doesn't do much but it sure does compliment the creme by making it lighter weight.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Senior Minion

I used that stuff when I was younger, but hated the smells after a time. I use some stuff my stylist uses on my hair, no odor and it helps my color.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I took PS's advice and bought the conditioner...since I was out of my usual...and I LOVE it. The difference it made in just one use..was truly amazing. Even when it's rainy and nasty outside, my hair is still smooth and soft.

Sadly....like with the Herbal Essences I used in the past...it's making my forehead, and hair line break out. I don't know why it does this. Only HE products cause it. I was hoping since it had been so long, maybe whatever made it break out in the past, was now absent in the new formula. But, nope. Little bumpies all over my forehead and hair line.

So, as much as I love it...I guess I won't be buying it anymore. ~sniffle~

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I took PS's advice and bought the conditioner...since I was out of my usual...and I LOVE it. The difference it made in just one use..was truly amazing. Even when it's rainy and nasty outside, my hair is still smooth and soft.

Sadly....like with the Herbal Essences I used in the past...it's making my forehead, and hair line break out. I don't know why it does this. Only HE products cause it. I was hoping since it had been so long, maybe whatever made it break out in the past, was now absent in the new formula. But, nope. Little bumpies all over my forehead and hair line.

So, as much as I love it...I guess I won't be buying it anymore. ~sniffle~
    That's too bad! I wonder what is causing that? Strange.

I don't know. I really love the product. My forehead never breaks out, so, I know it HAS to be the conditioner. I wonder what's so different about HE than other products?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I remember when the L'Oreal VIVE line came out in the early 90's, I loved what it did for my hair, but it totally broke out my hands in a nasty rash. I took it back to the store, showed them my hands & they gave me a full refund.

I'm seeing if; I don't put it on my scalp...just the hair strands.......and avoid my hairline...if that will make the breakouts stop. I really like this conditioner. I'd hate to have to stop using it.

• no flash photography...

I'm seeing if; I don't put it on my scalp...just the hair strands.......and avoid my hairline...if that will make the breakouts stop. I really like this conditioner. I'd hate to have to stop using it.
    I never put hair conditioner on my scalp. Mainly because I have oily hair and it feels gross. I start at the ends and just use a very small amount on the top.

My hairline will have a few breakout of a don't wash my hair everyday. Oily hair sucks sometimes....ok most of the time. I do use HE shampoo and conditioner.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I hate my oily hair. I don't use conditioner, though.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    I hate my oily hair. I don't use conditioner, though.
    I have to. My ends get dry and tangley (probably because I flat iron and dye my hair. ), but my scalp is oily...yeah it sucks.

When i got it cut last they said it was very healthy hair., i almost fell out of the chair.

I tried HE when it first came out back in my high school days. They sent me a free sample to try of shampoo and conditioner. I was choking in the shower from the stench of the chemicals for their "scent". I'm glad it was free!

Then a girl in one of the my classes used that shampoo everyday and sat in front of me. I was gagging the whole hour and it was hard to pay attention when having trouble breathing.

They do have an "orchid and coconut milk" conditioner that I don't mind but I only buy the small travel size in the dollar section at Target for Disneyland/other trips.

Big Sexy Hair shampoo smells like grapefruit and I ordered 2 huge sized bottles for cheap on Amazon.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I love the TIGI Bed Head Self Absorbed shampoos & conditioner, but it fades my color. So I usually use the John Frieda Brilliant Brunette line and it's awesome. Right now though I'm trying Suave Professionals "improved formula" of their version of Biolage's color protection shampoo & conditioner.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I have successfully used both bottles: the shampoo and the conditioner and for the record, I enjoyed both of them throughly.

Did I love them enough to purchase again? No. But I will sooner or later. I did get a little tired of the smell so I thought I'd take a break and try out Pantene Pro-V Nature Fusion.

• A Weather Eye Open

I like them okay. They seem to have had a complete brand makeover in the past couple of years. I've used several of their types and liked them. I didn't think they were amazing though. I stick to Suave right now for the price. Their conditioner was nice and thick, I will say that! And some of them smelled really yummy!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12