Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Herbal Essences Hair Products.

Who has tried these products?

I haven't used Herbal Essences for at least 5 years minimum and I noticed that they came out with a new Hydralicious line of products.

I have used Aussie, Pantene, Paul Mitchell, Nexxus, Biologe, Suave and Origins.

Can anyone suggest a shampoo and conditioner that will leave my hair smelling great all day? I remember the smell of Herbal Essences use to be wonderful all day and I'm hoping their new products are the same way?

Pros, cons & comments, please!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Herbal Essences Hair Products.

I haven't used them in years either. I used to love their hair color, but they stopped making several of the shades I liked. Back in 2001, I dyed my hair a shade they used to make called Red Desert. It was an almost fire engine red. Seriously awesome.

I use Tresemme & John Frieda products for the most part. When I can afford it though, I use Redken.

• Senior Minion

Haven't tried them lately. I'm pretty much hooked on Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree line, right now I really enjoy the lavendar and mint products.

• Mrs. J. Depp

I used Herbal Essences back in high school, maybe 8 or 9 years ago. It did smell so good, that is one thing I remember! I would not go back to it though. I currently use organic hair products from the Shikai line. They don't make my hair have that all day "good smell", but I know that essentially they are better for me in the long run. I still use my Bed Head and Catwalk hair products though!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Life is Great!

the shampoo and conditioner for long hair(i think its called great lengths) is the best I have ever had. hair is soft and silky all day.
    MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I haven't used them in years either. I used to love their hair color, but they stopped making several of the shades I liked. Back in 2001, I dyed my hair a shade they used to make called Red Desert. It was an almost fire engine red. Seriously awesome.
    I use Tresemme & John Frieda products for the most part. When I can afford it though, I use Redken.
    I've tried Tresemme products but at the time they weren't really in my budget but I remember liking them. I haven't tried the John Frieda collection, sounds nice though. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    Haven't tried them lately. I'm pretty much hooked on Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree line, right now I really enjoy the lavendar and mint products.
    I love Paul Mitchell, I've never tried the Tea Tree line but I was in love with the original stuff for a LONG time, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    I used Herbal Essences back in high school, maybe 8 or 9 years ago. It did smell so good, that is one thing I remember! I would not go back to it though. I currently use organic hair products from the Shikai line. They don't make my hair have that all day "good smell", but I know that essentially they are better for me in the long run. I still use my Bed Head and Catwalk hair products though!
    I'll have to check that out - I'm all for the all natural stuff so that's great! Thanks!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Quote Originally Posted by MAXandBELLESmom View Post
    the shampoo and conditioner for long hair(i think its called great lengths) is the best I have ever had. hair is soft and silky all day.
    Is that the Long Term Relationship one?

• Life is Great!

yeah, thats it, i was too lazy to go check.
    MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Quote Originally Posted by MAXandBELLESmom View Post
    yeah, thats it, i was too lazy to go check.
    My hair is fairly short now, I just cut it, but I'm sure that would still work. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by PretzelSouls View Post
    I've tried Tresemme products but at the time they weren't really in my budget but I remember liking them. I haven't tried the John Frieda collection, sounds nice though. Thanks!
    Really? They're not that expensive. The styling products are around $5 a bottle or less. I usually wait until they're on sale at Target or I have coupons and I stock up.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I use thme on and off asI do with all shampoos lol.
    I didn't know they came out with a new line. Hydroicious probably won't work for me but I'll check them out.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Really? They're not that expensive. The styling products are around $5 a bottle or less. I usually wait until they're on sale at Target or I have coupons and I stock up.
    My mistake, I looked in the store and I had gotten them mixed up with Biologe - that stuff is ridiculously priced.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    I use thme on and off asI do with all shampoos lol. I didn't know they came out with a new line. Hydroicious probably won't work for me but I'll check them out.
    I went to Wal-Mart and purchased the "none of your frizzness smoothing shampoo" along with the "none of your frizzness smoothing conditioner"
    and also the "none of your frizzness smoothing leave-in-creme." The products are only about 3 dollars a piece so I decided just to get the entire set. They smell good too, it's has "mandarin balm" and "pearl powder"
    Mmmm...lol.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

My thoughts and opinion: I just washed my hair with the "Herbal Essences None of Your Frizzness" line and the texture of the shampoo is creamy but not oily and same goes for the conditioner. The scent reminds me of summertime, it goes with the orange-red bottle. Overall it's a very 'fresh' feeling line, I'm liking it so far.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

PS...tell me how you like that shampoo. I've been thinking about trying the long term relationship....but, I need something for frizzies. If that works for you...I might try it.

The last time I tried Herbal Essence, it made my forehead break out horribly. That was the original formula though.

Try the John Frieda Frizz-Ease line sometime. Great stuff!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast