Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

Talking Hey girls, Need some help and I know you girls will give out some good answers

Of all the brand name bags, which one is better?

Dooney and Burke

Coach

Guess

Does anyone else know of any other brand?

My firend is looking to buy a bag for his girlfirend and he really doens't know which one to choose? thanks for your help
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Re: Hey girls, Need some help and I know you girls will give out some good answers

Coach. And tell your friend to get something classic rather than whatever the new hot or trendy purse is. That way she'll be able to enjoy it for years to come.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Hey girls, Need some help and I know you girls will give out some good answers

I have 4 Coach purses, a Coach wristlet, a Coach keychain and a Coach wallet.

So yeah, I like Coach. And if your friend is near an outlet mall that has a Coach outlet, tell him to go there as you can find some good deals. Back in January I went to the outlet in Orlando and got the patchwork Blecker tote... retailed for $400... I got it on clearance for $139.

You can find some good deals on ebay too. Just make sure the seller is selling an authentic bag & not a knockoff.

My mom has a cute Dooney & Bourke purse, but she's more partial to Coach too.

Other bag brands? Let me see...

Gucci
    Prada
    Burberry
    Kate Spade
    Louis Vuitton

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Hey girls, Need some help and I know you girls will give out some good answers

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl View Post
    Coach. And tell your friend to get something classic rather than whatever the new hot or trendy purse is. That way she'll be able to enjoy it for years to come.

I will definetly tell him about this. This will probbaly help him in chosing a style a bit more easier. thanks

I know of some outlets so I will take him there, cause although his wallet is a bit tight, he still wants to give his special girl something special
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• living in the sprawl

Blog Entries

I agree with sunnygirl. I bought a Coach Heritage Stripe Tattersall Bag in white, which was unfortunate because it has gotten all kinds of scuffed up, and because it's pebbled leather, it is going to be much harder to clean than regular leather. Also, because it was a new style, EVERYONE soon had the same bag as me.

Definitely go for a classic look which will never get old.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl View Post

Ditto the classic comment. That should ring true for whatever brand handbag you choose. The 3 brand names you mentioned are pretty different so it's like comparing apples to oranges. Just make sure you double check the return policy because we ladies can be pretty picky when it comes to handbags.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

I'd say Coach too. I'm partial to them and if you buy the right ones, they always look good. There are much pricier brands, and certainly much cheaper, but it's hard to go wrong with Coach.
    If he's in Southern California, there is a Coach outlet store in Camarillo, and another out near Palm Springs.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Coach bags are expensive, but they're a great investment because they're well made and last for years.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I saw, tell your friend to go to Macy's and just walk around the handbag dept. He should know well enough what colors, styles, and tastes his girlfriend has. With that in mind, he should be able to pick out the perfect bag.

Or, he could always surprise her, and just take her to pick it out herself. What woman would turn down an afternoon of purse shopping?

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Coah is nice but super expensive...the think I like about coach is that is never seems to date.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

A handbag is such a personal item. If she hasn't picked out a specific model/style, maybe a gift certificate would be better received?

Coach is nice, but not unique. Harvey's SeatBelt bags is another brand you might consider.....
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Definitely Coach!! I worked for the company for a while and they have great products. They are really pricey though. Coach purses come with a lifetime guarantee so if they are damaged you can take it to a store and they charge $20 to send it out to be repaired.

My best score ever!

• living in the sprawl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by duckiedianne View Post
    Definitely Coach!! I worked for the company for a while and they have great products. They are really pricey though. Coach purses come with a lifetime guarantee so if they are damaged you can take it to a store and they charge $20 to send it out to be repaired.
    All right duckiedianne, perhaps you can help me with a question. Above I mentioned I have a Coach bag with white/cream pebbled leather. Shortly after I got it, I bought a black coat that immediately rubbed onto it, making the bag look dirty and scuffed. Will damage like this also be able to be sent out and repaired?

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Coach, definitely. And the outlets seem to have their own designs sometimes...I've got a small black purse from them that I've never seen in the stores/department stores and I absolutey love it. My sister loved it and had to get one. Her good friend saw it and had to get one. Classic = good.

I can also vouch for Harvey's. The bags are made SO well and keep clean even better. I've had a tan one for four years and it still looks great. Only thing is that since it is made of seat belt, it's a bit on the heavy side even when empty.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Costco had a nice small Coach for $175.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast