Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it worth it?

Re: Is it worth it?

yes! it's worth it... bare minerals is awesome!
    thanE

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

Thank you all...this weekend I am going to go out buy bare minerals..from what i've been reading it is worth it so Im definetely going to go out and try it. Im so tired of the foundation creme whatever it's called, and I want to try something that is good for my skin as well. Thanks everyone
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

I bought their Rare Minerals cleanser on a whim, and it's done wonders for me! Love all of their products.

• Mrs. J. Depp

It took me a little while to get the hang of it, but Bare Minerals is my new favorite! Once i figured out the steps and was able to do it relatively quick, there was no going back. I recommend this to everyone! They say the makeup is so pure you can sleep in it, but by the end of the day my face feels pretty oily so I always opt to remove it.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Izzy, that's what the Minerail Veil is for... dust a bit more on in the afternoon to soak up that excess oil.

And if you have really oily skin... dust on some Mineral Veil first, then your regular foundation routine.

• no flash photography...

I thought of soemthign else. when I was buying the "cheaper" make up I had to buy it more often. The bare minerals last me for months. So, in the long run the bare minerals is really about the same price as all the "cheaper" make up I would have ended up buying.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    I thought of soemthign else. when I was buying the "cheaper" make up I had to buy it more often. The bare minerals last me for months. So, in the long run the bare minerals is really about the same price as all the "cheaper" make up I would have ended up buying.
    I got Bare Minerals in December, around Christmas time. I am not even close to running out of it and I use it everyday. My skin is fairly oily in the t-zone so I usually have to reapply it or use an oil blotting sheet during the day, but coverage is very buildable.

Before Bare Minerals, I use to use Cover Girl Clean Liquid Foundation, Cover Girl Clean Pressed Powder Un-Scented, and Cover Girl invisible concealer. I would run out of the concealer and liquid foundation every 1.3 months or so - which was terrible.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    It took me a little while to get the hang of it, but Bare Minerals is my new favorite! Once i figured out the steps and was able to do it relatively quick, there was no going back. I recommend this to everyone! They say the makeup is so pure you can sleep in it, but by the end of the day my face feels pretty oily so I always opt to remove it.
    Use the Mineral Viel in the middle of the day, it will soak up all the excess oil. Oh, and maybe switch to a moisturizer such as Clean & Clear Morning Burst Shine-Control Moisturizer.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Izzy, that's what the Minerail Veil is for... dust a bit more on in the afternoon to soak up that excess oil.

And if you have really oily skin... dust on some Mineral Veil first, then your regular foundation routine.
    I already do the mineral veil before and after my full application. If I were going out later in the day, then I would add more mineral veil to soak up some shine. I guess I have just gotten into the habit of washing my makeup off every night so that I don't break out.

Quote Originally Posted by PretzelSouls View Post
    Use the Mineral Viel in the middle of the day, it will soak up all the excess oil. Oh, and maybe switch to a moisturizer such as Clean & Clear Morning Burst Shine-Control Moisturizer.
    My moisturizer is pretty great, but I also do my fair share of sweating which could be where the oil is coming from. I should probably get some blotting sheets. At school I just use toilet seat covers to blot.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

BE is popular with nurses and CNAs so that's a big incentive. Figure we have the jobs that get you to sweat and such so if it stays on for us...

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

I wanted to love the Bare Minerals, but I hated the coverage. It didn't blend right on my skin and I ended up looking like I had some kind of skin disease. Oh, and it made me break out like crazy after just two uses. I gave all of mine away and chalked it up as wasted money.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12