Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Breaking in her new jeans

Re: Relationships: Finding That "New Love" Feeling In An "Aged or Seasoned" Relations

Quote Originally Posted by AidensDaddy View Post
    Or the leg going up, bent at the knee, like in Princess Diaries?

She called it popping.. Mia said that when she kissed the boy she wanted her foot to pop..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-5eC1rektg"]YouTube - The Princess Diaries; FOOT-POPPING[/ame] View the popping scene here!

• Minion

Re: Relationships: Finding That "New Love" Feeling In An "Aged or Seasoned" Relations

Anyone else got some ideas or stories to share?

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    it really is the little things that bring that spark about imho

dustin and i have been together for 17 years, but when he does something as simple as bringing home my fave kind of corn nuts as a little surprise it makes my heart just get all fluttery becuase it makes me realize that he loves me so much that he remembers a comment i made nearly 10 years ago about how much i love this one particular flavour, but i won't buy them for myself becuase i know how much he can't stand the smell of them

yet about once or twice a year he brings me a pack of them, and even sits next to me while i eat them

you should know your partner better than anyone else in the world, and little surprises like that make them realize how much you love them, and in turn how much they love you
    I love this story about the cornnuts and I have to agree that it's a lot of the little things that keep the love alive.

If it's excitement you're looking for, try new things together like snorkeling or sailing or some other activity that both of you have been wanting to try. I think doing projects together makes you feel lovey dovey too. My hubby and I have had a lot of fun raising our kids together, having parties for them and their friends or for us and our friends, doing musical things at our church, and working on various things on the inside and outside of our house.

I still feel that "hubba hubba" feeling every time I look at my husband so I don't know what it would be like to not have that feeling. It's hard to have any "mystery" when you've been with someone for 22 years but I still manage to surprise him from time to time and vice versa. And if I can't surprise him, like he knows that I'm about to pull a practical joke on him or something, that right there makes us laugh and feel close.

I think when you've fallen in love with someone and then don't have any certain expectations about how things should be but just be as loving as possible as much as you can things just kind of all fall into place.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

PB..I'm glad we aren't the only ones who constantly pull pranks on each other. Our running joke is jumping out and scaring each other. I know it's childish...but, it's alot of fun to see if you can actually surprise the person....and catch them off guard.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup View Post
    I love this story about the cornnuts and I have to agree that it's a lot of the little things that keep the love alive.

If it's excitement you're looking for, try new things together like snorkeling or sailing or some other activity that both of you have been wanting to try. I think doing projects together makes you feel lovey dovey too. My hubby and I have had a lot of fun raising our kids together, having parties for them and their friends or for us and our friends, doing musical things at our church, and working on various things on the inside and outside of our house.

I still feel that "hubba hubba" feeling every time I look at my husband so I don't know what it would be like to not have that feeling. It's hard to have any "mystery" when you've been with someone for 22 years but I still manage to surprise him from time to time and vice versa. And if I can't surprise him, like he knows that I'm about to pull a practical joke on him or something, that right there makes us laugh and feel close.

I think when you've fallen in love with someone and then don't have any certain expectations about how things should be but just be as loving as possible as much as you can things just kind of all fall into place.

I have seen you two together, and yes, you always have that magical, new love feeling. Kudos to you two for keeping it going.

• Circle of Ancients

^ Aw thanks.

One more thing I was going to say is that it's probably impossible to have that rush feeling that you had the first time you ever kissed your beloved, but like Neverneverland said , you always still have that memory and warm and fuzzy feeling.

Well, you can narrow it down to science. When you're in a new relationship your brain chemistry is going nuts. Your dopamine levels are higher because you're on a constant "reward reception" cycle. You see your honey, your brain releases more dopamine, and you want to keep feeling that new and wonderful feeling.
    What happens after a while, though, is you grow "used" to this reward. You still love your honey but your brain isn't activating the same way.

I just read an article in the NY Times in the past month (which I can't for the life of me find, otherwise I'd link it) talking about what can be done to reactivate those reward receptors in the brain which would bring your relationship "back to life."

The article cited a study in which married couples were split into two groups. The first group was told to take a "date night" once a week, doing activities which they were normally accustomed to, such as seeing a movie or going out to their favourite restaurant.

The second group were also told to take a date night but were told they could only try things they hadn't done before. They may have even been "assigned" a challenging activity to do together that involved working together and problem solving.

At the end of the study, they measured the couples levels and received verbal feedback as well. The first group enjoyed themselves...but it was the same old thing, no fizzle, no spark. But the second group, who had to try something new and challenging had higher "reward" levels in their brain and as a result felt that "newness" again. They'd found that magic by activating their brain chemistry.

So ladies, take 'yer fella out! Do something you haven't done before! Go rock climbing or join a summer softball league together! Take a class together once a week! Go for a hike or plan out a road trip together! Learn how to use your brain to your advantage and work to release all those yummy chemicals that make you feel oh so good.

(<-----nerd)

• living in the sprawl

Blog Entries

I agree, Belle.

The boyfriend and I went to a high energy concert yesterday, something we've never done together, and I just felt completely smitten with him. We were acting like a brand new couple all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by astrologic View Post
    I agree, Belle.

The boyfriend and I went to a high energy concert yesterday, something we've never done together, and I just felt completely smitten with him. We were acting like a brand new couple all over again.
    Yay! Rock on!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12