Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Waiting Since 1992

Re: Can We Talk Clothes, Please?

Ok, so I just checked out Forever21's Faith plus size line. I reeeaaaalllly wanted to like the clothes but I only found a handful of things I would actually wear. I might buy a few casual t-shirts, and the price is surely right, but the dresses are pretty short and I'm not 21 anymore. Seriously. I don't think any of those clothes are made for nursing bras lol, and they have a very "cup-runneth-over" look that's not my style. However, I wanna give them props for catering to larger sizes. So many young girls who aren't skinny want to dress cute, too! I think if I was younger, a few sizes smaller and not a Mom I'd rock a few of those dresses.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Those are cute! Do they come in black? If they come in black I am sold, depending on how they fit because I have skinny feet and sometimes shoes like that feel way too big on me.

I just checked the website, they come in yellow and tan. But the tan matches with everything.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

^^Crap. I really prefer black.

About hats, there are a lot of cute ones out there, you just have to find one that says, "YOU". I don't wear them all the time but have occasionally. They protect your skin from the harsh CA sun! Sun protection is very important these days. For all of us. I am fair and of Irish ancestry so I figure I need a lot of protection.

I don't buy a lot clothes wise; we are on a tight budget and I usually buy for the children or my husband, not myself. I love Old Navy and they have great flip flop sales once in awhile. Note, they do not always last long especially if it's for a child. But they are cute and reasonably priced so there you go.

And I too recently lost weight, I'm almost back to what I was before the kids--woo hoo! I did get a few new items at Old Navy and the Gap but I used mostly gift certificates I'd been saving up. I was so happy to be reasonably thin and cute again post baby and my hubby isn't complaining (unless I spend a lot of $$) so I'm happy.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkmomma View Post
    About hats, there are a lot of cute ones out there, you just have to find one that says, "YOU". I don't wear them all the time but have occasionally. They protect your skin from the harsh CA sun! Sun protection is very important these days. For all of us. I am fair and of Irish ancestry so I figure I need a lot of protection.

I don't buy a lot clothes wise; we are on a tight budget and I usually buy for the children or my husband, not myself. I love Old Navy and they have great flip flop sales once in awhile. Note, they do not always last long especially if it's for a child. But they are cute and reasonably priced so there you go.

And I too recently lost weight, I'm almost back to what I was before the kids--woo hoo! I did get a few new items at Old Navy and the Gap but I used mostly gift certificates I'd been saving up. I was so happy to be reasonably thin and cute again post baby and my hubby isn't complaining (unless I spend a lot of $$) so I'm happy.
    clearance racks, honey! My best friend got me hooked on them a few years ago...now, that's how my wardrobe survives. Everything I buy is from the clearance rack...and if I do say so myself....I have a great closet built up. Target, Old Navy and Jc Penney are the best. I find the cutest tops at target, and some great skirts at Penney's. Sears is usually pretty good for jeans. But, I'm obsessed with Old Navy for tops, skirts, everything.

My favorite place...is this little store in town called half of half. It's got clothes that are half of half of the department store prices. Every now and then..they have $1 sales. My best buy? A DKNY hoodie sweater for 30 cents. Not kidding. LOVE that store.

Have to edit this...I forgot my newest favorite place...Goodwill, believe it or not. Our's actually gets a bunch of brand new stuff from Target! This week, I found two brand new, tags still on purses...one for $12 and the other for $8! And I got a brand new pair of cargo pants for $3!!!
    Last edited by Stitchy; 06-13-2009 at 08:56 PM.

• Waiting Since 1992

I usually shun Marshalls because when you have a baby on your hip, it's pretty annoying to have to dig through racks until you find *the item*. Anyway, I stopped in and was pleasantly surprised! I found a buncha tops for ten or less, woot! So there ya go, my new fave store.

Also, Tinkmomma, I hear ya with spending for the hubby and lil ones. Same here. I feel guilty sometimes purchasing things for me when I know I should be buying them stuff instead. ::

I was really into ON flip flops. I had almost every color imagined, until I had a huge scare and slipped in the rain with them. I started to notice the traction was pretty bad and then was I was pregnant, I gave them up. Great price though and I'm bummed I can;t wear them anymore. It rains like cats and dogs out here in Missouri.

I went to Kohl's tonight and found some lightweight denim bermuda shorts reg $30 o sale for $16.60. Also found a pair of more dressy flip flops:

Mootsies Tootsies Portrait Sandals

They're comfy and they can be dressy enough for work or casual with jeans.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SaraNoH View Post

I was really into ON flip flops. I had almost every color imagined, until I had a huge scare and slipped in the rain with them. I started to notice the traction was pretty bad and then was I was pregnant, I gave them up. Great price though and I'm bummed I can;t wear them anymore. It rains like cats and dogs out here in Missouri.
    I did that! I fell really hard because 1 flip flop slipped and the other stayed put. Hit my head and everything. And with their flip flops you need to weigh your options $2.50 for sandals or a possible visit to the ER?

Aimster those are cute!

• Waiting Since 1992

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    I did that! I fell really hard because 1 flip flop slipped and the other stayed put. Hit my head and everything. And with their flip flops you need to weigh your options $2.50 for sandals or a possible visit to the ER?
    That's horrible!

• Disappearing/Reappearing

My best friend's boyfriend won't let her wear flip flops. A couple of years ago, his mother fell because of her's...and broke BOTH of her arms! She spent the summer sleeping in a recliner, because that's the only place she was comfortable. She still has problems with her arms, poor thing.

• Waiting Since 1992

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    My best friend's boyfriend won't let her wear flip flops. A couple of years ago, his mother fell because of her's...and broke BOTH of her arms! She spent the summer sleeping in a recliner, because that's the only place she was comfortable. She still has problems with her arms, poor thing.
    Jeez. That's also horrible!

• Minion

Blog Entries

Dude, LB is just out of control. Their blouses are like 40-50bucks easily. It's crazy. I have few fancy blouses from there and my jeans from there but I stay away or else I'd be broke!

Bigger girl here!

I ONLY buy my jeans and "support wear", ya know bras and panties, from LB. If I need a nice dress generally I'll spend the $90 cause I know it will last.

While I loved Torrid in High School, I'm 22 now and at that funky between stage. Not an adult,not a teen, so most of Torrid's stuff is too young for me, LB is too old. It really stinks. I shop old navy. their 2x fits well, as long as it has stretch, otherwise the girls don't fit while everything else does. I have about 15 of their perfect fit tanks, lots of different tops. It also helps that I havn't really changd size in about 6 years, so I recycle every year. Same bermudas from 2 years ago still fit! If you have a fashion bug, they sometimes get some cute stuff in.

and btw,don't get me started on shoes. I wear an 11 or 12 and they simply don't exhist in the real world. Shoe shopping sucks, which is a bummer because I LOVE SHOES!

• Minion

Blog Entries

Ok, so I just checked out Forever21's Faith plus size line. I reeeaaaalllly wanted to like the clothes but I only found a handful of things I would actually wear. I might buy a few casual t-shirts, and the price is surely right, but the dresses are pretty short and I'm not 21 anymore. Seriously. I don't think any of those clothes are made for nursing bras lol, and they have a very "cup-runneth-over" look that's not my style. However, I wanna give them props for catering to larger sizes. So many young girls who aren't skinny want to dress cute, too! I think if I was younger, a few sizes smaller and not a Mom I'd rock a few of those dresses.

Don't fall into their trap!

I am SOOOOOOO po-ed at them. They say plus size, but by measurement they aren't. A 2x fits a size 13/15 ish. I am shunning them.

Torrid is a good place for you bigger girls.

• Waiting Since 1992

Quote Originally Posted by krystledm View Post
    Don't fall into their trap!

I am SOOOOOOO po-ed at them. They say plus size, but by measurement they aren't. A 2x fits a size 13/15 ish. I am shunning them.
    Here here! Plus size for a TWELVE YEAR OLD, maybe. Anyway, I don't think I will buy any of their stuff after all. There's a funny blog, www.fatgirlslikeniceclothestoo.com where the writer actually bought some of their clothes and posted pics of her wearing them and gah....not to be all "judging" but they looked very bad. She had style throwing them together but they didn't fit well. I took one look at that and was like, "Nope. No way." I never feel comfortable buying something too small and trying to "make it work". I mean, it feels like I have wasted money.

I don't know if I mentioned this site on this thread, but maybe you have heard of www.zappos.com? I usually buy shoes through them now because of the free shipping (and return shipping) AND if they don't have our size, they email you when they get them in! I love them.

Torrid is.....meh. I mean, a woman can only take so many heart tanks and leggings you know?

Also, I know H&M used to have a plus size line but got rid of it because of poor buyer interest. They still have it in Europe, but Euro sizes are different than ours as we all know, and a lot smaller. So, yeah. Maybe H&M will someday get that Big Is Beautiful line of clothes back in the states. Until then, I piece my wardrobe together from random stores.

I swear,I hit up a walmart a month ago when they got a plus size shipment in of these on-line only dresses and like, thirty of us swarmed the rack as soon as they put them up. You'd think if H & M put out a PS line, we'd be the same!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast