Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Waiting Since 1992

Question Can We Talk Clothes, Please?

So I'm totally poor right now and for some reason when I don't have any money (of the disposable variety) I am drawn to thinking about clothes. Wardrobe changes. Seasonal basics....it's pathetic really. LOL.

Anyway, summer is practically upon us and I'm heading out on a roadtrip to my hometown in CA this August. I have been thinking about wardrobe staples for the journey, for the trip(s) to DLand, for the beach, etc.

Anybody have some ideas they want to share about their summer wardrobe basics? Anybody splurging on anything in particular in the coming months?

I'll wait to share mine, until some other gals post first.

OH! And I'm sort of kind of wanting to buy some cute hats for the summer except that you know, they're HATS and when do people every really wear them? Any ideas on styles or any thoughts at all are appreciated!

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Re: Can We Talk Clothes, Please?

For summer time, I always have:

*3-4 tank-tops from Wal-Mart. I get them when they are around $3 - $5 each. The brand I get in No boundaries or Hanes, they are not the best quality, but they work wonderfully for summer. If you go to Walmart.com, search "tank tops" and then "price from low to high." You can get some really great deals!

*1-2 t-shirts: I get these from Wal-Mart as well. The Faded Glory t-shirts come in multiple colors and are only $6 each.

*3-4 shorts: I get these from Wal-Mart, the Faded Glory ones. They cost $10-$14 each.

Other things I just have in my closet for summer time is jeans, 2 pairs of sandals, 1 pair of shoes.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

I want a pair of black gladiator sandals, bad. Real bad. But I haven't found the perfect pair yet.

I stock up on Target tanks annually, the long and lean ones like colored wife beater. I've found they hold their shape decent & don't fade too much. And they're so versatile.

I always hit the Gap & Banana Republic outlets for shorts & tees. I have a pair of camo bermuda length shorts from Gap from two years ago that still fit and look great. I so them and they were like $15! I also like picking up denim skirts from the Gap outlet, I have three and none were over $20.

If you have outlets near you defintely check them out!

Target has some really cute maxi dresses right now, if you like them and their swimsuits are on sale this week. I've found their swimsuits usually last a season but at $14 for each piece you can't expect much more!

I also love the converse clothes at Target, they hold up really well and are cute!
    Old Navy flip flops are another season staple for me and on Saturday this week they're only $1! They have TONS of colors.

There is tons of stuff I like at Buckle right now too www.buckle.com the Daytrip brand isn't too expensive.

Regarding hats, I love hats. I have a few I wear quite often. I think if you pick some up you'll wear them more than you thought you would

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Waiting Since 1992

Quote Originally Posted by PretzelSouls View Post
    For summer time, I always have:

*3-4 tank-tops from Wal-Mart. I get them when they are around $3 - $5 each. The brand I get in No boundaries or Hanes, they are not the best quality, but they work wonderfully for summer. If you go to Walmart.com, search "tank tops" and then "price from low to high." You can get some really great deals!

*1-2 t-shirts: I get these from Wal-Mart as well. The Faded Glory t-shirts come in multiple colors and are only $6 each.

*3-4 shorts: I get these from Wal-Mart, the Faded Glory ones. They cost $10-$14 each.

Other things I just have in my closet for summer time is jeans, 2 pairs of sandals, 1 pair of shoes.
    I am LOVING Walmart this season. Really cute stuff. They have some Maxi Dresses as well that are like only $20.00!

The Hanes anks have got ot be one of the most popular items out there. Every girl I talk to loves them!

Thanks!

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

My summer staples are simple: Old Navy tank tops (2 for $15! Yay!) and jeans. Sometimes I wear my Vans, sometimes I wear flip flops (usually from Kohl's). That's about it.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Waiting Since 1992

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom View Post
    I want a pair of black gladiator sandals, bad. Real bad. But I haven't found the perfect pair yet.

I stock up on Target tanks annually, the long and lean ones like colored wife beater. I've found they hold their shape decent & don't fade too much. And they're so versatile.

I always hit the Gap & Banana Republic outlets for shorts & tees. I have a pair of camo bermuda length shorts from Gap from two years ago that still fit and look great. I so them and they were like $15! I also like picking up denim skirts from the Gap outlet, I have three and none were over $20.

If you have outlets near you defintely check them out!

Target has some really cute maxi dresses right now, if you like them and their swimsuits are on sale this week. I've found their swimsuits usually last a season but at $14 for each piece you can't expect much more!

I also love the converse clothes at Target, they hold up really well and are cute!
    Old Navy flip flops are another season staple for me and on Saturday this week they're only $1! They have TONS of colors.

There is tons of stuff I like at Buckle right now too www.buckle.com the Daytrip brand isn't too expensive.

Regarding hats, I love hats. I have a few I wear quite often. I think if you pick some up you'll wear them more than you thought you would
    The Maxi dresses at Target are soooo cute this season. I think I will definitely be getting one from there. Their whole "resort" line is cute.

Oooohhhh, Gladiator sandals. Yum.

As for the hats, I know. I just need to buy one already. I've been told I look like a "hat" person. I guess I feel like I stick out when I wear one and I hate attention being drawn to me, so I shy away from them.

Thanks for the tips you two!

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I'm a clothes hound. I admit it. I am addicted to shopping...but, live off of sales. I always look forward to summer...cuter clothes. I just recently lost about 20 lbs. So, alot of my pants, shorts, and skirts from last season, aren't fitting anymore. I will probably gain some back once hubby comes home though...so, I'm keeping those clothes!

I live in my jeans, and since the weight loss, I need to get a few new pairs. I HATE shopping for jeans...no matter how much I actually love them.

I love baby tees, tanks tops, and the fancier shirts that are drawn around the middle and then flare out. LOVE those.

And I mostly wear flip flops...LOVE them! And high heels if I'm not gonna be doing too much walking.

As for what I'll be buying this season...I just wrapped up a massive search for the perfect, short sleeve button up white shirt to go with this adorable high waisted pencil skirt I bought a while back. I was SO excited when I finally found one the other day. I took a few minutes tonight to try it on with the skirt and guess what? The skirt is now about 2 inches too big! LOL. Guess I should have tried it on to make sure it still fit before launching the search.

• Mrs. J. Depp

For summer I'm pretty simple. Some people pack away their winter clothes and get out or buy summer clothes. I don't do that because, well I live in San Diego so there is no real drastic temp change. I also am super broke right now because I'm a student so I'm hoping to get a summer job so I can afford some new clothes. I keep it as basic as possible with my clothes. I wear conductor type hats a lot. I LOVE Target. The clothes there are always inexpensive and cute. Perfect when you're on a budget. I almost always shop sales. I love getting things for low prices.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I live out of A line tanks, shorts, and t-shirts. I think I have half a dozen, maybe more A line/Wife beater tanks in different colors (white I have the most, black, blues, brown with frills, oh a teal one with a cute pattern), that I picked up at Target, Old Navy, and Kmart. Shorts were a sale at Old Navy. They're a little short, but they were less than $10 a pair. And I always pair t-shirts with my tanks so in case my shorts are too low riding there's not a coin slot.

This summer though it's all about the scrubs, Birks, and tanks.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Tank tops from Old navy and Target are my summer staples. I have an entire drawer in my dresser devoted to just tank tops... I have just about every color over and under the rainbow and I usually layer them for different looks (red over white, black over any color, navy blue over light pink, deep red over light teal, olive green over white or grey...).

Other times I wear cute tops I find on sale at Kohl's (and they have some great sales).

I haven't worn shorts in over 10 years (though my legs are tan from lounging by the pool). I just wear jeans or capris, usually paired with some cute shoes, sneakers (I have a pair of black Sketchers with sparkly silver stripes) or flip-flops.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Wear hats to Disneyland! i usually put my hari up in a ponytail and wear a visor... that way my head isn't all sweaty but I still don't get as much sun in my face and eyes (Yay for glasses! :P)

I go to the outlets to buy shorts... I love Eddie Bauer, and Bass and Old Navy sometimes has them that aren't too short!

I rarely wear tank tops without another shirt over them, so I mostly wear fitted t-shirts. Old Navy again FTW! Kohl's is another fave for dressier shirts.

I desperately need shoes!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Waiting Since 1992

I wish I could wear more tanks than I do. I have super flabby arms unfortch and really no desire to change that any time soon, lol, so I guess I will just not wear tanks. When it's super hot I do it anyway, but I always feel exposed.

Since I'm more on the plus-size end I can only shop most stores on-line (since I live in a city that is pretty freaking lame when it comes to variety in sizes). Anyway, that rules out Old Navy. They used to have plus sizes in stores but then they took them out. Anybody know why?
    Last edited by SaraNoH; 05-23-2009 at 05:53 AM.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I am SO glad to see so many people wear tank tops! My husband picks on me all the time about my assortment of them. I can tell him..."I went shopping!" and he'll always say..."let me guess...it's black, or dark blue and sleeveless." LOL

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

IDK Sara, but I have heard you can order plus sizes online from old navy. I don't order much online anymore... too much hassle to return and you usually lose out on shipping! But I also live near a ton of stores. :\

For plus sizes you probably already know about lane bryant and torrid. I am still saying kohls though I don't know how the online selection is!

It is the flabby arms and back fat that keeps me from wearing tank tops out too much... I see people like that and it just looks so bad that I don't dare to lol
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• a kiss for a thimball

Escondido CA (1hr 15min from door to parked!)

How funny... I live on shorts I got FOREVER ago at jcpenny on sale for like $10 a pair. I also live on NY & COMPANY camisols. I LOVE them. They are a little bit of a splurge at around $12-$20 depending on the sale, but I have had them for well over 5 years and the still fit VERY well and the black is not even faded. I also live on my Payless sandels (replaced every 2 years) and my hats!

i am a hat person. I have long hair and wear it up in a bun most of the time. I have a hat I got from target a few years ago and I must wear it 2-3 times a week. I also have a disney hat, a Ralph Lauren Paint hat, and a one other one I wear on a fequent basis.
    -Miss Wendy Lynn

The second star to the right
    Shines in the night for you
    To tell you that the dreams you plan
    Really can come true

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast