Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Make-up question

I love my BE make-up very much, but I have noticed, even when using concealer, foundation and mineral veil that it does a good job of softening the acne bumps, but not the redness that comes with them. That is plain to see still.

So what can I use under my BE make-up to cover some of the redness?
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• no flash photography...

Re: Make-up question

• Still wants to be a cat!

I use a tinted moisturizer....I've found Cover Girl actually has one for my skin tone and works well as a Sunscreen also.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I moisten my brush a little bit and apply foundation. And if I have a big icky area I use Benefit's Some Kind of Gorgeous, foundation faker.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I have horrible acne prone skin, and BM usually isn't enough coverage so I use Clinique Almost Makeup. It's a liquid foundation, but it's really light and it covers up bumps & redness. A tinted moisturizer would also work well.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

The Rare Minerals treatment seems to cancel out the redness if you use it under the foundation, plus helps get rid of the acne.

Off brand though, I will put in a vote for Benefit's Erase Paste. I think that gets my award for product of the year.
    A signature should go here.

• Waiting Since 1992

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post
    The Rare Minerals treatment seems to cancel out the redness if you use it under the foundation, plus helps get rid of the acne.

Off brand though, I will put in a vote for Benefit's Erase Paste. I think that gets my award for product of the year.
    That is EXACTLY what I use and what I was going to say.

I use it under my BE make-up all the time and it is great(The Erase Paste, that is).

• Senior Minion

I've used Rare Minerals and have the blemish therapy and put it on almost daily but it doesn't seem to help much at all.

Thanks for the suggestions, I am writing them down so I can make a Sephora run this week to try them and see.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Don't forget to ask for samples of stuff before you buy anything! They are super generous about that at Sephora.
    A signature should go here.

• no flash photography...

I use rare minerals and it does help blemishes go away, but it doesn't conceal them at all. I only get a bad blemish every other month or so, but I have to use something more than the bare minerals to conceal it.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Benefits's Boo Boo Zap helps clear up zits that pop up on occasion quickly.

And remember... green cancels out red. Maybe the Smashbox foundation primer that's green would help.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Benefit and tarte both have wonderful yellow concealers that you dab on your red spots. When covered with your regular face stuff, it makes your skin tone so even and perfect.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Senior Minion

I took all of your suggestions and the lady at Sephora helped me quite a bit. They took off my make-up and tried a few different things but in the end it was Cargo OneBase that really looked the best under my BE. So i'm going to try it for a few days.
    She had me try both Benefit products and a green sephora stick product as well.
    She also said camomille tea bags brewed and placed over acne would take down redness as well if I wanted to try it at night sometime.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Glad to hear that you found something that works for you!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• A Weather Eye Open

Cargo is great, as well as Clinique... I've been using the Cargo foundation that comes in the little foil packet for about a year now. I am thinking of switching to BM now that I've run out again, but haven't had the time or money to go to Sephora and try it out. I'm starting to have more acne than I used to int he past couple years, so I think I need a switch!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast