Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bunko, Anyone?

• Man O Lantern

Bunko, Anyone?

I belong to a Bunko group and I think some others here do, too, I thought I'd start a little discussion thread so I can stop derailing other threads *cough* DMCA *cough.*

Anyway, we had our game last night and I won as the biggest loser. I lost 9 games out of 12. The way our group does prizes is we split the money in half. Half goes to the biggest loser, half to biggest winner. Most bunkos and most wipe-outs get prizes (not monetary). I don't necessarily love the way we do prizes, but that's the way it is.

I'm co-hosting our next game on Oct. 24. My best friend and I are co-hosting in a conference room at the hotel she works at downtown! I can't wait! I don't have to clean my house!

I have to stock up on wine now....

Anyone else play, belong to a group, subbed for a group, anything? Or perhaps you'd like to start your own group?

• most magical vaca ever

Re: Bunko, Anyone?

:raises hand:

What is Bunko?
    ~~~~~~

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Here's stink's explanation to me, I still have no clue about the game, but the festivities sound like something I could get into:

I love it, because it's pointless to try to compete. It's totally a game of chance, so there's no real bad feelings if you lose. Very compatible with drinking, too!! Lots of yelling and screaming and cheering and crap-talking. We're always giving one another a bad time. It's so much fun! Cheesy fun...nothing glamourous, that's for sure.

• Man O Lantern

It's a dice game for drunk ladies.

http://www.geocities.com/girlswithdice/

What's bunko? What is a bunko group?

Bunko, (variations include bunco®*, bonco, bonko), is a dice game. Bunko parties are when groups of ideally 12 get together to have sort of a ladies poker night. Each month the party is hosted by a different group member. Rules vary from group to group.
    http://www.gamecabinet.com/rules/Bunko.html

• Incognito

Blog Entries

My sister has been a part of a ladies Bunko and a couples Bunko group for years. All it ever sounds like is a bunch of middle aged women eating and drinking to me.

Where do I sign up!!

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut
    My sister has been a part of a ladies Bunko and a couples Bunko group for years. All it ever sounds like is a bunch of middle aged women eating and drinking to me.

Where do I sign up!!
    I certainly hope you're not calling ME middle-aged, buster.

It's such an un-cool thing to do that it's ironic, thus cool. Like bowling. That's my story.

Our group is fun and loud and obnoxious. I love it!! We're really lucky to have found one another!!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Stink, I'd like to talk to you soon about participating in Bunko. I have to go to work now, though.

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Ahh, we couldn't derail the DMCA... I mean, isn't it just one big derail? Or 7 of them, to be more exact

Anyway, we just started our bunco group last month. We've had a blast at both bunco nights so far. But we played with different rules each time. The first game, we played where if you got 3 of a kind, it was 5 points. If you got a bunco but you weren't at the head table, you got to add 21 pts and the bunco counted. I never did hear about the 1's removing all your points and I really like that! Do you play with a head table? My friend here said they don't, just whichever team gets to 21 first tells them all and they all stop there. I don't like that, I like having the head table and the other tables could have 100 pts if the head table hasn't gotten to 21 yet.

Also, we don't do money gifts. We just all bring one and then when you get a bunco, you go pick one. The next to get one can steal yours or get a new one. If you get the next one, you can choose to keep yours, get a new one or steal someone else's but yours goes back in the pile. This way, at the end of the night, everyone takes something home.

It's lots of fun, but so confusing having so many variations! It's like, you can know how to play but still be totally lost with all the new rules if you play with a different group one month, LOL!

ETA: O-nut's Kris Kross quote I love.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Yep, no Off Topic topics in the DMCA, its a free for all.
    And didn't we start the bunco discussion when All Aglow fessed up to planning a driver to get home from her drunk dice playing game?

<I'm just loving the premise, if you drink enough, who would keep track of the variations?>

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell
    I certainly hope you're not calling ME middle-aged, buster.
    Yes, yes I was (tee hee).

I dont know if this is part of the game or if its something just that my sisters groups have but is there a pink pu$$y(cat) involved with Bunko?

• Circle of Ancients

Good idea for a thread Stinkerbell....brings back some memories....I haven't played BUNKO in years. For me, it was kind of like a grown-up version of yahtzee with good friends, good conversations and lots of junk food present. We played for money too, but sometimes we'd have Mom and Daughter BUNKO games where we all brought prizes instead and everyone got one for something. We also sometimes played where the person who had the most recent BUNKO got to where a crown or funny hat. And one time we had a huge game with men, women , and children that got really cut-throat ...that was a little too over the top for me, especially when people started arguing over the prizes because some were really good and some were really awful! But most of the time it was just good clean fun.

I remember hearing once about a group of men in San Jose who were playing BUNKO for high stakes and had to stop because some of them were losing their rent money!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

World Tour of BUNKO

although it sounds like stink could be kick *** at it!

• Just Me

I dont know if this is part of the game or if its something just that my sisters groups have but is there a pink pu$$y(cat) involved with Bunko?
    The group I was in with my mom had a Pound Puppy. I wish I could remember what it was for... Our group was mostly neighbors. I was the youngest of the group. It was funny, the woman who lived behind us would get sooooooo upset when she didn't win that she finally quit. Seeing a grown woman pout because she didn't get a prize was totally pathetic.

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Well, yes, thanks for noticing.

No, my group just has a big fuzzy dice, I assume it's used for the same thing. The person who got the last Bunco gets it and is supposed to get a prize at the end of the night.

Blog Entries

I love to play Bunco. All growing up my mom was in a group and still is now. I remember the crazy "Bunco Cleaning" we all had to do the month that she hosted it. It was so cool to see all the women together and having fun, helped me learn from a young age that no matter how old you are you always need friends to laugh with!

I have hosted many Bunco parties for my friends. When I was a junior in college I had a Bunco party at my parents with about 70 people! They were out of town, of course.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast