Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Waiting for the stork

Mommys!!!!! Get in here!!!!

OMG,
    K just brought a BOY home from school!!!

She's 11! Stink, we just had a similar discusion, and suddenly my mind is blank! What's the cool mom thing to do???

They have chips and Sodas and are sitting in the back yard talking....

and I know I tried to come off all cool and confident but that was YOUR KID, Now it's MINE....what now????

Is this a crush?, a friend, I don't know.....

ahhhhhh the stress of being a mommy!

EDIT: intended as a humorous post!
    Last edited by Tinkerbelle; 09-28-2005 at 12:14 PM.
    procrastibating

• insufferable know-it-all

Re: Mommys!!!!! Get in here!!!!

11? Friend, most likely.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

not a mommy, obviously, but dating one who has an 11 y/o. From my experiences, with the Jr. Miss Sunnygirl, it most likely is friends, she has boy friend that she hangs out with frequently and is just friends. Ok, I'm no help.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Banned User

Thats cool!

My girl says to me about a month ago " mom why won;t the boys talk with me". I say well because they are mixed up right now and they will someday,
    ok, so now my phone is ringing off the hook night and day, the boys want to talk with her, then come over then chat OMG I am tired of it already.
    Now the popluar girls who rachal decided she did not want to be bothered with ( to snotty and catty) call non stop wanting to talk, or hang out. Now the popular girls want to hang with her.the popular boys want to hang with her, and I am thinking OMG I even want to hang with her hah ha ha hah she really is to sweet and cool
    My Rachal, some day prom queen

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Sir, yes, Sir. Reporting for duty, SIR!

Oh wait, this isn't that sort of thread?! Seriously, probably just friends. I say that because it's your 11-year-old daughter, not mine. If it were mine, I'd embarrass her and kick him out and then home school her. I shouldn't kid around because this could be me someday soon and then what do I do?!?

Are we all ready for teenage hood? I think not!!

• The Unknown Princess

She's growing up. Nothing wrong with having male friends. Chips and soda are great. Be glad she has male friends who do want to hang out and talk instead of teasing her and making her cry.

You're doing fine.
    Always keep smiling because you never know who is falling in love with it.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Part of the Disney Ohana

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by dizzydisneydee
    She's growing up. Nothing wrong with having male friends. Chips and soda are great. Be glad she has male friends who do want to hang out and talk instead of teasing her and making her cry.

You're doing fine.
    Amen!! you said it just right, she has afriend, so what if he is male, put out some snacks, turn on the tv or what ever and let them enjoy it. Better to have them then have them teasing her.
    But my problem is the popular girls are not to thrilled about the boys not liking them! my rachal acually saw this kenzie girl putting toilet paper in her bra. I was laughing so hard., do girls acually still do this? man I was always trying to make my boobs smaller! Poor kids, what they will be going thru I am glad I am over with!

•   
    • So fetch

Most likely a friend.

I can see the future right now. Lil LuvsLilo is 11 and brings a boy home. I see and burst into tears about "how my baby is growing up."

• The Unknown Princess

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    Amen!! you said it just right, she has afriend, so what if he is male, put out some snacks, turn on the tv or what ever and let them enjoy it. Better to have them then have them teasing her.
    But my problem is the popular girls are not to thrilled about the boys not liking them! my rachal acually saw this kenzie girl putting toilet paper in her bra. I was laughing so hard., do girls acually still do this? man I was always trying to make my boobs smaller! Poor kids, what they will be going thru I am glad I am over with!

Heck yeah girls stuff their bras. Heck I know some women who do!

Just be careful of those popular girls. I had tons of male friends while growing up. Some of those "popular girls" became "friends" with me to become friends with them and as soon as they hooked up with one of them started treating me badly. Luckily I had great male friends who didn't like that and soon broke up with them. Ahh sweet vengence and not even of my own doing.
    Always keep smiling because you never know who is falling in love with it.
    Part of the Disney Ohana

• Waiting for the stork

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    Thats cool!

My girl says to me about a month ago " mom why won;t the boys talk with me". I say well because they are mixed up right now and they will someday,
    ok, so now my phone is ringing off the hook night and day, the boys want to talk with her, then come over then chat OMG I am tired of it already.
    Now the popluar girls who rachal decided she did not want to be bothered with ( to snotty and catty) call non stop wanting to talk, or hang out. Now the popular girls want to hang with her.the popular boys want to hang with her, and I am thinking OMG I even want to hang with her hah ha ha hah she really is to sweet and cool
    My Rachal, some day prom queen

That's about what's happening here, last month she started a new school and knew noone, now she has already gone to a slumber party, has her own planned for her birthday. and has new friends....

I am actualy very relieved, I'm gald she's made so many friends.

Quote Originally Posted by All Aglow
    Are we all ready for teenage hood? I think not!!
    NO!!! NO!!! NO!!!
    procrastibating

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Tinkerbelle. I think its just a friend thing and you don't need to worry. That said, make sure its supervised (which you're already doing). From experience, if you let those boundaries slide, then you'll hear "but you let me do it last time....."

Raising a teenager, can I just say I was glad I had a boy. His issues seemed pretty predictable and with no drama!

• Circle of Ancients

Whatever you do......do NOT bring out any photo albums with pictures of her as a baby where she isn't wearing any clothes..she would die of embarassment!!!

Just play it cool!!

And keep them in plain sight !

LOL I was just thinking of the time I went to a Christmas party at my boss' house. Her daughter and my son are the exact same age. At the beginning of the party I told her that my son thought her daughter was a hottie , which she is. After that anytime anyone said , "Where did those two kids go?" my boss' eyes would get really big and she'd go running upstairs to find them.

All they were doing the whole time was playing Gameboy and Nintendo!

Actually, I do have a rule that my mom had for me when I was growing up that I think was a good one ....whenever a boy was in my bedroom I had to keep the door open the whole time!

• Welcome To My Nightmare

My daughter is 16 and most of her friends are boys. Boys can be great friends for girls.11 year old girls in particular can be a mean bunch. I know it's freaky for you. Imagine the first time you get to see your sweet little girl kiss her boyfriend goodbye when you drop him off at his house. Yikes! That's a whole lot of fun! You sound like a good mommy. hang in there.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup
    Whatever you do......do NOT bring out any photo albums with pictures of her as a baby where she isn't wearing any clothes..she would die of embarassment!!!
    To this day - those have always been kept on the fridge! Its humbling and keeps kids real. Josh had many make fun of him, but he also learned quickly to laugh at himself!

• Waiting for the stork

Thanks everyone, I think you all get this with the spirit it was intended, lightly.

I am not really worried...actualy I'm relieved that she has friends....that was just a bit wierd for me...

and a big "Oh Crap, she's growing up" moment.

Thanks guys I love you all for your advice and laughter.

BTW our family rule as of RIGHT NOW!!!! no boys in the bedroom even with the door open (that should make daddy feel better anyway, me, I see everything anyway...just try to hide from me...

...now where are those baby pictures...there is a great on with her naked little butt falling off the bed.......
    procrastibating

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast