Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I'm your huckleberry.

Question ANOTHER Bare Minerals Question

Hi ladies! I didn't want to resurrect the old thread, so here's my question.

I've been interested in trying Bare Minerals for a while, but have hesitated because of my skin type. Its REALLY oily and I have a hard time keeping a nice, matte finish. I use Smashbox's oil absorbing primer, but that only helps a little.

Do any of you who use Bare Minerals have oily skin also? I have a horrible time finding something that will provide coverage, look natural and keep my face from looking so shiny!!!

Thanks!!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Re: ANOTHER Bare Minerals Question

Well, I'll just add questions and we'll see if our experts can help us both.

I'm not thinking I have the correct color or I'm putting on too much. I still a bit cakey and a bit more yellowy than I would like. I really have issues under my eyes still. I've been using the revver upper after I put everything on to make it look less cakey. It good everywhere except under my eyes and the tops of my cheeks.

Maybe I need to do a dermabrasion for resurfacing. Ideas?

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MTNGIRL
    Maybe I need to do a dermabrasion for resurfacing. Ideas?
    THIS I have the perfect product suggestion for
    http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...ategoryId=3866

This stuff is my favorite ever product, it is truly amazing, I swear by it! Totally worth the $ too cause you only use it once or twice a week at the most. Lasts a looooong time.

As for oily, I still get oily with Bare MInerals, but not as bad as with liquid/powder combos. I use Clean & Clear blotting papers(I swear these work the best)Smashbox Photofinish primer and it helps.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

dmom - thanks, I shall continue to be your thankful little wannabe!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MTNGIRL
    dmom - thanks, I shall continue to be your thankful little wannabe!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• /sigh

I was really hesitant, too, a_hyperbole with bm. I'm in the same boat with really oily skin. But, I gave it a shot and have been using it for almost a month now, and I must say it works very well!

The coverage works great considering it's just a powder. It's definately a layering process....depending on how much you want to use of all the products. It's nice and light, not that heavy makeup feeling. I get a bit shiny later in the day, but a touch up with the finishing powder helps. I would highly recommend bm.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Man O Lantern

I use the Smashbox photo-finish matte primer, too, before using my Bare Minerals. And I'm super oily. Extremely. I find that the minerals foundation cuts down on the oiliness by at least half. I especially noticed it this summer when it was hot or humid. I wasn't dying to wash my face twenty times a day. I just used the mineral veil and the oiliness went away. It's great! I didn't really use the mineral veil until July or August....the first five month I used the BM foundation, I didn't really see the point of the veil. Now I do!!

I use the Sephora brand oil blotting sheets. I keep a pack in my purse and one with my make-up. Instead of putting on more makeup or mineral veil, I use a blotting sheet and feel ten times better.

MTNGIRL, I wish I could help you on the color-matching! I got really lucky and didn't have to experiment. I'm now using the tinted mineral veil and I'm really liking that one!

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

I am another super oily girl. I use the smashbox primer and it works really well- if I am going to use the bare minerals, I don't use my normal moisturizer, just the primer and I find my face is less greasy that way. I wore them all week on vacation and I loved it because normally I look like crap in vacay photos- long days just melt the makeup off of me- but I looked great all day long!

I also use the oil blotters, except I use Mary Kay because they are nice and big. I used to go through 5 or 6 of them to get all the oil off, but since I switched to Bare Minerals, I only need one or two towards the end of the day.

Another great thing- the airport lost our toiletry bags with all my facial cleaners and stuuf (thank god the BM were in the carryon!) and I had been treating a pretty bad breakout. Just using the bare minerals everyday, my skin looked clearer than it has in years, its like a treatment for my skin too! I will never go back to anything else.

I hit the sephora and checked everything out, it was nice to see it all in person as opposed to on the computer or tv- I love how big the full sized jars are- I think the whole system is such a great value for what you get (yes, I am a little cheerleader, I sold a starter kit to a stranger standing next to me in the store)
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Talking Re: ANOTHER Bare Minerals Question

Thank you all for the feedback!

I've never used the oil blotting papers... actually had never heard of them! I'll have to try that out. When I get oily and try to "touch-up" with my current powder, I get all smeary... ick.

I think I'm sold on the Bare Minerals! I understand the starter kit is only about $60, which in my book is pretty cheap to try something that might actually work for me. Is there anything besides what is included in the starter kit that I should look at?

Does the Sephora in DTD carry the BM line?

Thanks again ladies!!! I'm all excited now!

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole
    Hi ladies! I didn't want to resurrect the old thread, so here's my question.

I've been interested in trying Bare Minerals for a while, but have hesitated because of my skin type. Its REALLY oily and I have a hard time keeping a nice, matte finish. I use Smashbox's oil absorbing primer, but that only helps a little.

Do any of you who use Bare Minerals have oily skin also? I have a horrible time finding something that will provide coverage, look natural and keep my face from looking so shiny!!!

Thanks!!!
    yes, I hvae oily skin and the bare minerals is great on it. It pretty much keeps the shine down all day. After about 10 hours if I'm going out I just apply more mineral veill...but my makeup still looks fine. i LOVE vare minerals....the mineral veil does go fast for me though. I'm going down to get more tomorrow. Hollywood ...here I come!!...>LOL....any excuse to go..

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

yep- the DTD Sephora carries them- its in the first opening on the left behind the Sephora brand stuff. If you have problems with blemishes, I reccomend the bisque- its an amazing concealer and also works great as an eyeshadow base. Bisque is the color and "multi tasking minerals" is the product. I added that onto my initial order of the starter kit and primer and I am really glad I did because I am acne prone.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I have an oily T-zone area and I've had a better experience with Bare Minerals than I ever had with liquid foundation. The mineral veil is a godsend. I did learn a little trick... if you have oily skin, put on some mineral veil first to soak up the excess oil, apply the foundation as normal and then top it off with more mineral veil.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

If you go to the Sephora in DtD (and I assume in the other Sephoras as well ) you can have a BM gal put some on your face to see what it's like... It's called getting your colors done and it's really just to see how light or dark you need the BM. If that makes any sense!! I think that if you get the Starter Kit online you get one or two extra things, for the same price. Today is payday so i'm going to lok into it and order mine today!

And thanks for the oily skin tips, girls.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Those oil blotting sheets someone mentioned are awesome. I just use the Clean & Clear brand and they probably as well as the Sephora brand for half the cost.

• Banned User

Has anyone ever worn Lancome Dual Finish powder? It is GREAT for coverage, and is not a foundation. (Though you CAN use it as foundation, by adding water to a sponge.) I love it, and have used it for year, but, with all of this BM talk...I am curious if anyone has switched FROM the Lancome powder to this? Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast