Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Mascara, anyone?

I want full, long, beautiful feminine lashes. I was not naturally blessed with such lashes, so I am one of those girls who is constantly on the hunt for the "perfect" mascara.

Throughout my trials and errors, I've discovered a few good mascaras. My favorite is Chanel Inimitable thus far.

Share what your favorite mascaras are!

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Re: Mascara, anyone?

I am in love with Estee Lauder More Than Mascara - it defines my lashes and lengthens like CRAZY. On a regular day, I coat the back of my lashes with Cover Girl Clear Mascara and then go over it with Maybelline Define-A-Lash in the green tube. The clear gives a base and the black gives length, definition, and a little volume. I used to use Cover Girl Professional Mascara and it was horrible...I also found that the Lash Blast clumps like there's no tomorrow. Loreal Telescopic makes for good length as does Maybelline Lash Stilletos. The best waterproof mascara that I've used in Cover Girl Maraton mascara. It doesn't budge. If I have time tomorrow...I'll put the mascaras on and take pictures so you can get an idea on how they look. But for now, I'm going to bed.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I normally don't like mascara. It always clumps on me, even the "non-clumping" kind. But sometimes I'll wear it if I want to darken up my lashes a little. I have a little tube of some kind of Clinique mascara that came in a kit thing I got for free when I bought some bronzer. I've learned a couple tricks to make it not clump so much, but it's still a pain for me.

Eyeliner, on the other hand, is a MUST. I'm always on the search for the next great waterproof eyeliner. I love Aqua Eyes by Make Up Forever, but they're expensive. Heard good things about the Urban Decay ones but haven't tried them yet. I'm currently using Avon's Gimmmersticks kind and it's not bad (plus I got 2 for like $7, good deal). I like how I have time to smudge it a bit before it sets.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I normally don't like mascara. It always clumps on me, even the "non-clumping" kind. But sometimes I'll wear it if I want to darken up my lashes a little. I have a little tube of some kind of Clinique mascara that came in a kit thing I got for free when I bought some bronzer. I've learned a couple tricks to make it not clump so much, but it's still a pain for me.

Eyeliner, on the other hand, is a MUST. I'm always on the search for the next great waterproof eyeliner. I love Aqua Eyes by Make Up Forever, but they're expensive. Heard good things about the Urban Decay ones but haven't tried them yet. I'm currently using Avon's Gimmmersticks kind and it's not bad (plus I got 2 for like $7, good deal). I like how I have time to smudge it a bit before it sets.
    I've found this eyeliner from NYC that is waterproof and it works great! I don't wear black eyeliner a whole lot because my eyes are already sort of small - so I use the NYC Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil in "Teal." But it's more of an emerald color. It says that it is a pencil, but it's a really creamy formula that goes on super smooth. And the best part...they are only $3-4!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I'm liking the Neutrogena one with olive oil. I feel like it's better for me for some reason.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    I'm liking the Neutrogena one with olive oil. I feel like it's better for me for some reason.
    Olive oil is really good for hair - very nourishing. So it actually is better for you!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Do a search... I asked his question a few moths ago and got some great responses
    Other than lip gloss, I use mascara more than other any make-up product lol

I am now using the Bare Escentuals Buxom Lash and the DuWop Bad Girl. I like the BE one better, I think.

FYI, Sephora is now having a huge sale on all their "favorites" They're grouping together sample sizes of products and selling them as set. A very goodway to try them. Here's the masrca ones - 11 for $39. Not bad!! Sephora: Sephora Favorites Lashstash Mascara Deluxe Sampler ($96 Value): Combination Sets
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Loves Fajita!

Oh I got the Lashstash months ago and still have not tried it all. My favorites of the ones I tried in it were Lash Venom, Sephora Atomic Lash, and Smoky Lash by Make Up Forever.

• Waiting Since 1992

Good old Maybelline! It always gets the #1 spot from beauty editors and magazines. You can't go wrong. Also, great application lends itself to longer-looking lashes. Only downside, crazy smearage if you aren't careful, but it dries pretty quickly. I used the no-smear kind at my wedding and it felt awful. Bleh.

• Waiting Since 1992

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Do a search... I asked his question a few moths ago and got some great responses
    OFF TOPIC!!!

Hey, LB we're both located "Under the Sea" Just noticed your avatar and stuff. The Little Mermaid rocks, doesn't it?

BACK TO TOPIC!!!

• living in the sprawl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    I like this one too! Never clumps my lashes, and it looks so natural. And you're right, it is healthier for lashes.

• Sha-lalalalala my oh my

I have horrible lashes. They are pretty long, but they are sparse.

I found that using a 'lash builder' is very helpful. A couple good ones that I have used are by Smashbox and Prescriptives. They both make my lashes appear fuller.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Mascara, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by astrologic View Post
    I like this one too! Never clumps my lashes, and it looks so natural. And you're right, it is healthier for lashes.
    I like it because it stays on during a night shift. Like seriously when I'm working from 11pm-7:30am I need mascara that doesn't smudge.
    Last edited by knittingknerd; 06-25-2009 at 03:49 PM.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Also, if you want fuller lashes...line your upperwaterline with black eyeliner and it will give of the image of thicker lashes.

• I'll pencil this in later

I tried a cover girl brand recently and HATE IT! Going to try Maybelline next time, seems to get good reviews.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast