Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Whats a good deep conditioner?

I know I used to use mayo on my hair when I was in high school, I remember it working pretty well. My friends have used beer, and I have heard Olive Oil is great for the hair.

What have you used that works good? I have noticed my hair is pretty dry. I think it needs a booster.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Re: Whats a good deep conditioner?

Mayo works because of the oil. Olive oil does too. :-)

Pantene makes a good restorative conditioner in a tube...I can't remember the specific name. If I remember it I'll add it later. It's one of those you put on after shampooing, leave for a couple of minutes and rinse. It works well and is far less messy than oil.

• Senior Minion

TIGI Chocolate Head ... and it smells so GOOD!!!! Grab it wherever you can though as it is being discontinued.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Once a week, I mix 1 cup of regular mayo, 2 tsp. pure honey, 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil, and 1 tsp. fresh aloe and work it though my hair. I put my hair in a bun, place a shower cap over my head, and wrap a warm towel around my hair/shower cap. The heat helps the mixture penetrate into my hair. Wash your hair out well when done.

Avocado is a nice deep conditioner. I mash up 1 whole avocado (pitted) and mix with 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil and 1 tsp. pure honey. For an extra health boost I add 1tsp. fresh aloe. I do the same thing with the shower cap and the heat. Oh, and wash hair out well after too.

You can also mix your standard conditioner with some mayo/olive oil and let soak into your hair. The natural approach has given me the best results. But, Pantene sells a cream called Moisture Replenishing Rinse-off-treatment....it's nice.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Ooo, the honey, olive oil and mayo mixture sounds good. I was looking for something more natural than chemical. So, this sounds great! I think I will try it this week, since I want to condition before I color it again. Thanks!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Moroccan oil. A friend of mine swears by the stuff.

• My cuties!

Quote Originally Posted by PretzelSouls View Post
    Once a week, I mix 1 cup of regular mayo, 2 tsp. pure honey, 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil, and 1 tsp. fresh aloe and work it though my hair. I put my hair in a bun, place a shower cap over my head, and wrap a warm towel around my hair/shower cap. The heat helps the mixture penetrate into my hair. Wash your hair out well when done.

Avocado is a nice deep conditioner. I mash up 1 whole avocado (pitted) and mix with 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil and 1 tsp. pure honey. For an extra health boost I add 1tsp. fresh aloe. I do the same thing with the shower cap and the heat. Oh, and wash hair out well after too.

You can also mix your standard conditioner with some mayo/olive oil and let soak into your hair. The natural approach has given me the best results. But, Pantene sells a cream called Moisture Replenishing Rinse-off-treatment....it's nice.

When using mayo or olive oil, do you have to shampoo several times to get it out?

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Quote Originally Posted by twinmom View Post
    When using mayo or olive oil, do you have to shampoo several times to get it out?
    I just make sure to shampoo really well. Once should do it, but sometimes I'll do it twice just to make sure. When I use these deep conditioning treatments - I generally will use a gel based shampoo and a rinse. i.e: Herbal Essence Drama Clean; Pantene Nature Fusion; Origins Mint Shampoo & Rinse.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Mrs. J. Depp

I use coconut oil or shea butter. I only use a bit, otherwise its very hard to shampoo out and it will leave a greasy residue but they are great and are natural too which is a plus.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Triple Moisture Daily Deep Conditioner | Neutrogena | Beauty & Spa | Walgreens

This stuff is amazing. Used in very small doses, it really brings back a softer, more luxurious feel to damaged (or just stiff) hair.

• Minion

Blog Entries

this is going to sound yucky, but it's supposed to be THE BEST

Hair masks made with animal placenta.

the one I know of has henna so I don't think it is safe for color treated hair.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    Ooo, the honey, olive oil and mayo mixture sounds good. I was looking for something more natural than chemical. So, this sounds great! I think I will try it this week, since I want to condition before I color it again. Thanks!
    I remember you saying your haircolor fades quickly...this might be why. If your hair is retaining the oils from the conditioner it won't fully absorb the color and it will slough off when the oils do. Just a thought...

^^
    This.

ah...okay.

I bought a VO5 deep conditioning treatment. I'm gonna do that tonight. Then, I will dye my hair again next weekend. I think before I do....I will wash my hair...but not use conditioner. Then, let it get dirty for about 2 days before I dye it. Maybe that will help

Ok the deep conditioning treatment is not a good idea until AFTER you color your hair. And use one that's formulated for color treated hair so it won't strip out the color.

Like I mentioned in the box color thread, unwashed hair with product from the day (or 2 before) absorbs color better.

Ion - Color Solutions - Ion Color Solutions 1 Liter Color Defense Intense Moisture Hydrating Treatment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast