Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Re: Holidays, are you an early bird or a procrastinator?

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    How on earth did I get 23 people on my Christmas list? That's not even counting the run of birthdays!

Mom
    Dad & his wife
    Oldest brother
    Middle brother & his 3 kids
    Youngest brother, his wife and kid
    Aunt
    Boyfriend, his mom & dad
    5 friends, their collective 3 kids

And it'd be more if another friend were local (but she'll have to make do with a card because I'm going BROKE this year!)

I hope folks don't mind getting a $10 Starbucks or Best Buy card, because that's all I can afford!
    Doesn't it seem like every year there's more people! LOL

I have birthdays starting in Spt.
    Spt-Kyler
    Oct-My nephew
    Oct-My Dad
    Nov-Shawn
    Nov-My MIL
    Thanksgiving
    Dec-My brother
    Dec-My brother
    Jan-Cyneeyore
    Jan-my Cousin

Then for Christmas there's
    Ky
    Shawn
    Kurt
    Mom & her husband
    Dad & his wife
    2 granpa's
    1 grandma
    2 Brothers
    1 SIL
    1 Sister
    1 nephew
    2 Cousins
    1 Aunt
    MIL
    FIL
    Kurt's Cousin

Normally, I give all the kids in my circle of friends a small something, there are 18 kids between infant to 16 year old, but since we moved this year I won't be doing that!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• pixie cutie

Gee, disneylandmom 18 gifts is quite a bit. A friend of mine with numerous nieces and nephews would treat them to an experience. For example, she would take all of the kids ice skating one day. I'm certain when the children become adults they'll remember a day of ice skating versus a trendy gift.
    Last edited by Tink Wink; 10-07-2005 at 10:17 PM. Reason: too wordy

• Lost Princess and Bat 861

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    I have to be somewhat of an early bird because so many people on my Christmas list are also birthdays in Fall. So I do all the shopping simultaneously.
    I'm lucky I don't really have to deal with that problem. Most of our birthdays are in the summer. Except for my boyfriend, all our birthdays are in June and July. (Hey there's no birthday smiley!)

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I usually am early but these days I'm not so. I do try to collect gifts all year round. I also collect general gifts that would be good to give in case I need one. Luckily, I don't have too many people to give gidffts to, as it's just my parents and brother in my fam and a few friends.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Banned User

ohhhhhhhh I love all this talk of holidays )))))))))) I am already gathering up my decorating things and have gone to several garage sales to buy more. I am usually done for Christmas at this point, but this year I have fallen behind. I have gotten half my gifts now and the other half will be next month.Then I December I will start making fudge to send to all my friends .I love the holidays, especially around here where its snowed, cold and the decorations are awsome.

• Minion

I really love Christmas time, but I hate all the shopping stuff. So... I buy all of my Christmas stuff online. No lines, no crazy moms running their carts into my back and trying to run my into the wall. No parking lot fisticuffs... Just click and it's all done. Love it!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Well, I only have one person to buy for, so I can do my shopping anytime. Usually I just have to waitn until I have the extra fundage to do so.

• Wasn't Me!

Well, I had never celebrated the holidays until last year! So, I guess at this point I'm still not sure!!

I'm still trying to make up for the last 35 years!

• Circle of Ancients

I'm an early bird. I get things ready for holidays and special events about a month in advance. And I buy gifts for Christmas all throughout the year. Tonight at dinner we were lsitening to the soundtrack of the musical I'm planning to do with my kids' choir this year. Rehearsals start in about a week and a half...it takes that long to be ready by Christmas time!

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

Procrastinator here!!!! when it comes to shopping for someone, or work that needs to be turned in, I always wait for the last minute to do it. But when it comes to meeting friends, or going to parties, or just basically going anywhere, I am always there either on time or early. sucks for parties cause around here everyone is late for a party

• Banned User

oh now you hit it on the head, christmas is my favortie time of year!! I love to give and even if its pretty hard I do what I can. I shop mega early and often so I am not caught with my pants down and I am usually ready by october! This year I am in trouble as far as getting done early but I am still ok as far as what I have gotten so far.
    I love decorating out side the house, but alas this year it will be quit hard. The houe is huge and I do not have any one to hang the lights up on the roof . Last year and for may years we lived in an apartment, nopw we have a big house and well I can not get on the ladder to hang them as I am afraid of heights.
    I guess we will be doing it from the ground this year, sad to say but I will miss my house being all lite up!

• Miss Bee Taylor

Red Face Re: Holidays, are you an early bird or a procrastinator?

I am an early bird.
    Always have been, so I guess I always will be.

I think a lot of it now comes from when I was a single mother. I couldn't afford to buy everything for 3 kidlets in one month or paycheck, so I had to start early, and spread the buying through several paychecks.

Even now that I am remarried, with a wonderful husband how helps pay for so much, I still have that panic about buying it all at the last minute. So, already in my closet is stashed many things already bought for the kid's Christmas stockings, etc.

And, the kids know, they have to have their lists for me early (oh, for Santa!).
    They do complain how they might change their mind before the big day, but heck, Santa can only do so much...
    WDW-July 2010
    **Tokyo~Tokyo Disney Resort**May 25-June 3, 2009**

Disneyland--all the time (we're Californians)
    Disneyland Paris-2002
    WDW-1999, 2000
    DisneyCruise-2000

• Lost Princess and Bat 861

[QUOTE=Aunt Bee]
    I think a lot of it now comes from when I was a single mother. I couldn't afford to buy everything for 3 kidlets in one month or paycheck, so I had to start early, and spread the buying through several paychecks.QUOTE]

I can identify with that. I was a single mom's kidling. We shopped a lot of Mervyn's clearence sales and at pic 'n save. Believe it or not, I kinda miss it. It really made you be creative. And living 3000 miles away from the rest of the family, we shopped early for mailing.

• Miss Bee Taylor

Talking Re: Holidays, are you an early bird or a procrastinator?

[QUOTE=bejeweledcat]
    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Bee
    I think a lot of it now comes from when I was a single mother. I couldn't afford to buy everything for 3 kidlets in one month or paycheck, so I had to start early, and spread the buying through several paychecks.QUOTE]

I can identify with that. I was a single mom's kidling. We shopped a lot of Mervyn's clearence sales and at pic 'n save. Believe it or not, I kinda miss it. It really made you be creative. And living 3000 miles away from the rest of the family, we shopped early for mailing.
    Ya know, it does make you very creative.
    I don't think my girls noticed one bit that I didn't have the big $$ to buy big fancy things. They appreciated what they got.
    I remember one year, my oldest daughter crying over a very special doll I had bought her.
    She knew I could not afford it, but never asked how Santa got it to her. She still cherishes that doll she told me the other day. She said she will never give it away. Makes me so glad I saved, scrimped and did without that year to buy it for her.
    WDW-July 2010
    **Tokyo~Tokyo Disney Resort**May 25-June 3, 2009**

Disneyland--all the time (we're Californians)
    Disneyland Paris-2002
    WDW-1999, 2000
    DisneyCruise-2000

• insufferable know-it-all

I am *very* tempted to give many people on my list fresh-baked cookies instead of a regular gift. I think my two childhood friends (and their kids) can be given a container each to share with the kidlets, and my boyfriend's parents possibly... wow, that takes a huge chunk out. Good stuff.

How would you feel if someone close to you just gave you fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies instead of like, bath stuff and other generic gifty stuff? Would you rather have the gifty stuff, with the risk that you might not like it, or would the cookies be fine?

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast