Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Rollers?

• Shifting cargo

Hot Rollers?

I like to curl my hair and change it up a bit, but my curling iron takes forever and a century to curl my hair and it doesn't do it very well. I've heard about hot rollers, but never used them. I was wondering if any of you have used them and if you could give me a review. Thanks ladies!

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Re: Hot Rollers?

I use them lots. Even when I'm going to wear my hair pulled up. Curling it first gives it more body and volume. Makes it easier to pull up and style. I love to use them when I haven't blown dried my hair, and it's all dishelved and wavy. I just take 10 mins to roll my hair up, leave them for 10 mins, and take them out. Most of the time, I just pull up the sides and let the curls fall in the back. REALLY easy and pretty!

I just recently bought new ones. I had my other set for almost 10 years. Still, they weren't broken...just grungy. So, I bought the same brand and a newer version of the ones I had.

Mine are Remington. It's a 20 roller set, with three different size rollers. They are black, purple and white. I use the medium on the top and front, large on the back, and the small on the very bottom....to catch those shorter hairs.

Hope that helps!

• Shifting cargo

Yes, that helps immensely! Do you think that you could find the website that it's found on. I've been looking around but I can't seem to find it. If not, it's fine. Thanks so much for your help

Sure! Glad to help!

Here's the first set I owned. Had them for ten years! LOVED those things!

Remington KF-20i

I'm sure you could find them online MUCH cheaper than that. I think I paid right at $30.

The set I have now, I can't find online. I got both sets at Walmart...and when I couldn't find another set like the above, I figured the one I bought was the "updated" version. They were $20. I've only used them about 10 times so far...but, no complaints.

The case looks the same. Same shape...and both have the wax centers. The newer one is just different colors.

• Senior Minion

I would love to use rollers now and then like before a dance performance or something, but my hair just doesn't hold curl well at all. I can put tons of hair spray, or gel before and spray after and the ends will have a slight curl to them on one side and that's it within 15 minutes.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Shifting cargo

My hair is wavy and frizzy when I don't do anything with it. The good thing about my hair is that it holds practically any style.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

What I know: My hair is fine and although it will wave a bit, it will refuse to hold a curl unless I use hot rollers. Back when I bothered, they worked like a charm. The trick is that they heat the hair which makes it curl around the rollers and then the hair cools while still on the roller, which sets it. If you take the rollers out too soon, the curl usually doesn't stay put well.

From what I can see in the picture, Jill, you've got beautiful hair. Is it red?

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
    What I know: My hair is fine and although it will wave a bit, it will refuse to hold a curl unless I use hot rollers. Back when I bothered, they worked like a charm. The trick is that they heat the hair which makes it curl around the rollers and then the hair cools while still on the roller, which sets it. If you take the rollers out too soon, the curl usually doesn't stay put well.

I might have to get some and try. I know when I was younger I would sleep in foam curlers and the next morning, my hair would be mega curly and hold for days. I tried it a bit older (like early high school) and it stopped working, the hair would just stay wet and not curled.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• love my friends

I love this thread.. as I would like to start using rollers to. My hair is straight and thin and a curling iron, just doesnt cut it

Friends for life

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

When I curl my hair, I use velcro rollers, the kind that just grab onto your hair. It seems like less precision is needed, and I'm all about it being easy. So I roll my hair up randomly, some under and some up, jump in the shower to steam, and blow dry when I get out to set. It works pretty well for me and I don't have to wait for anything to heat up (or even remember to plug it in ahead of time!)
    A signature should go here.

• Shifting cargo

Quote Originally Posted by SnorkletsMom View Post

Aw, thank you. Yeah my hair's red. My name is Julia by the way My user name is from the 2003 version of Peter Pan.

I curled my hair this morning for church. I went to bed with it wet last night, and it was completely wild when I woke up. I always roll them under. That was about 9 am this morning, and my hair is still curly at 8 pm. That's without any product.

I usually put mousse in it when it's wet and top it off with hairspray when it's dry and styled.

Good luck!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    Here's the first set I owned. Had them for ten years! LOVED those things!

Remington KF-20i
    A former coworker of mine has a set similar to those.

I suck at hot rollers. My hair always looks a mess when I try to use them. My hair is baby fine and it takes longer for me to do the rollers than a curling iron, so I just use the latter.

I suck at a curling iron!!! LOL. I cannot manage to get the curls to go in the same direction with a curling iron. One side always flips out...and the other side flips in. I end up looking like I fought a hurricane. And lost.

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    I suck at a curling iron!!! LOL. I cannot manage to get the curls to go in the same direction with a curling iron. One side always flips out...and the other side flips in. I end up looking like I fought a hurricane. And lost.
    thats my problem too, and then with a curling iron it never stays curled for very long, no matter what sprays i use
    so i just never curl my hair

but will be using rollers anyways, want to try them out

Friends for life

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast