Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Smile Candles by Victoria

...Candles by Victoria...

Has anyone tried these candles? I'm interested in getting a few of the scents and I wanted to know if anyone thought they were any good. They look like possibly cute holiday gifts... Thoughts, opinions, scent recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

-Sarah
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• ....whatever....

Re: Candles by Victoria

Wow~they sound good! Let me know how they work for you

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Wow, reading the list of flavors made me hungry! That's an impressive list and the prices seem fair. If you order, let us know what you think.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Wow! Thats a lot of different scents! I've never bought anything from her, but they look wonderful!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Quote Originally Posted by miapoepia View Post
    Wow~they sound good! Let me know how they work for you
    I will!
    Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post
    Wow, reading the list of flavors made me hungry! That's an impressive list and the prices seem fair. If you order, let us know what you think.
    They make me hungry too.... $7.25 for a 8oz isn't bad at all for a sampler. I think I'll end up purchasing some of the 8oz ones just to test!
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Wow! Thats a lot of different scents! I've never bought anything from her, but they look wonderful!
    It really is an amazing scent collection to choose from! And most of them sound good enough to eat!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Disappearing/Reappearing

yeah. let us know how they are. I'm always on the lookout for candles that have great fragrances that you can actually smell!

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    yeah. let us know how they are. I'm always on the lookout for candles that have great fragrances that you can actually smell!
    That's what I've been in pursuit of! It's been a good while since I've gotten a candle that actually smelled nice while it was burning. Most of the candles I've ever bought have smelled delicious in the container, but they produced hardly any scent when burned.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I was just curious...what kind of scents do you guys enjoy? I like all kinds of scents and I'm always curious of what other people enjoy.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I like mostly floral. Citrus makes me queezy for some reason. And other food smells just make me hungry. LOL.

I found these really nice candles down in Louisiana a couple of weeks ago. They smelled SO good. I had a couple in my hands when my mom walked up. I mentioned how great they smelled, and she beat me to the punch. Said she had bought some, and you couldn't smell anything when they burned. I put them back on the shelf. Phooey.

• Mrs. J. Depp

I personally always use Yankee Candles or anything from the Yankee family. I like scents that are weird like Vanilla Pearl or Rice Milk or Green Tea. Subtle but not overwhelming. At Christmas though, I do enjoy the pine tree scented candles or cinnamon to make it smell festive.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I still haven't decided on which scents I'm going to look into buying.
    So far my list is:

-White Christmas~ Back by popular demand. A unique and fragrant scent, reminiscent of all things floral at Christmas. This scent is very hard to describe but is a must try and was a best seller last year.

-
    Christmas Buttered Rum ~ Rich and creamy this fragrance is a all time favorite at Chrismtas time.

-
    Cream Cheese Frosting ~ Sweet, rich, just like the name suggests, this is a winner!

-
    Wildberry Scone~ The aroma of freshly baked English Scones with hints of strawberry, coconut, raspberry, and blackberries. A must have this scent is truly amazing!!

...I'm still on the look for new scents I find though, I'm still not sure which ones I'll end up buying. There are way to many to choose from!

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by PretzelSouls View Post
    Christmas Buttered Rum ~
    Did somebody say rum??
    Those selections sound great. I would just be iffy buying candles without knowing what they smell like. But if you can get those sample ones to try then maybe that would be a good trial run.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    Did somebody say rum??
    Those selections sound great. I would just be iffy buying candles without knowing what they smell like. But if you can get those sample ones to try then maybe that would be a good trial run.

Exactly. I'm a bit iffy on buying some of the candles because I'm not sure how they really smell. The website gives an explanation of all the scents, but, it's still difficult to tell. If I end up buying some of the scents, I'll probably either get the 8oz jelly jar candle or the tarts. But then again, for $7 shipping...I'm going to have to make sure I get my moneys worth of product.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Ok, I hadn't planned on ordering from CBV for a couple weeks...but, I gave in to the 'peer' pressure from the scentless burning candle on my desk. How sad. Anyways, I ordered a set of 6 scents (8oz jelly jars) and a scent shot.

I hadn't planned on getting a scent shot either...but when Stitchy brought up the floral thing, I had to look into a floral scent because I've never really smelled on before. I sent Victoria (the owner) an e-mail and she recommended Bella Swan for floral.

CANDLES:

• The Porridge Pot ~ A creamy rich yummy delight! The Porridge Pot was named by Egdom one of our scent testers and a regular on our message board.. The Pouring Pot... this wonderful scent has top notes of oatmeal and sweet cream butter, middle notes of cinnamon, raisins, orange and honey that all sit on dry base notes of vanilla, brown sugar, and maple. This scent recived a big thumbs up from all our testers!
    • Christmas Tree ~ Who doesn't love the smell of a fresh cut Christmas Tree? Here at Candles By Victoria we searched for the perfect Christmas Tree scent, this one has no Pine-Sol note to it, just fresh, clean, strong real pine, great for the holidays and even better if you don't have a real tree at Christmas but are missing that real tree scent.
    • Honey I Washed The Youngins ~ Crunchy toffee bits with generous drizzles of sweet honey makes this fragrance so delectable and mouthwatering. A dead on Dupe for Lush's Honey I Washed The kids.
    • Pumpkin Eggnog ~ Spicey pumpkin mixed with creamy eggnog. Yummy holiday treat!
    • Wildberry Scone ~ The aroma of freshly baked English Scones with hints of strawberry, coconut, raspberry, and blackberries. A must have this scent is truly amazing!!
    • Christmas Buttered Rum ~ Rich and creamy this fragrance is a all time favorite at Chrismtas time.

SCENT SHOT:

• Bella Swan ~ Chelsea and I put our noses together and came up with the most amazing scent... just like Edward describes Bella, sweet and floral with a warm vanilla note... so pretty!!!

The site says it takes 5 - 7 days to process the orders + shipping time, so, once I get the candles - I'll do a review on them.
    Last edited by MsSarah; 09-29-2009 at 10:01 PM.

After looking at the website, I realized I actually have had one of these candles. I got it as a gift, but thought it was a local to where the gift giver lived, so I never bothered to see if they were available online.

I had the sugar shaker with the Lemon Pound Cake scent. It was nicely lemon (not too acid citrusy, if you know what I mean) with the backdrop of butter. It melted very nicely and seemed to be a good quaility!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast