Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Do you know of any fun wedding shower games?

They can be as cute or corny as they come.

• is poppin' tags

Re: Do you know of any fun wedding shower games?

My cousin had this game at her baby shower, but since it involves rice, it fits the wedding theme.

Fill a large bowl with dry white rice (one regular bag should do). Add a whole package of those itty bitty gold safety pins, the tiniest they come.

Blindfold each individual person and give them 2 minutes to dig around in the rice and using only their sense of touch, try to 'find' as many safety pins as they can. Keep track on paper. The person with the highest score at the end wins. You can even do prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd places.

I swear it is A LOT HARDER than it sounds.

Have fun!
    For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
    http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

trying to remember what they did for mine...

one was the toilet paper bride, where you divide into 2 teams and each team dresses one member up as a bride using toilet paper, then the bride decides whih she likes better.

They did a game about me and Jeff, what we like, how we met, where we were going on our honeymoon, etc.

Hmm, I can't remember an more
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Fun wedding shower games? There's no such thing. HAHAHAHAH!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Princess of my own world

I threw a bridal shower for my friend and one of the fun games we played was the "What's in Your Purse Game". I gave the bride the list to read off and the person with the most items on the list won. I have the list if you'd like. Just PM me your email addy.

I also played a bridal shower version of "The Tray Game". I filled a tray with bridal shower stuff or stuff that represented the bride. I carried it around the room for everyone to see, then they had to write as many items as they could remember.

A game that I found but didn't have fun to play would be to match up celebrity couples.

These websites have great game ideas too: Bridal Shower Games - Free Games And Shower Ideas
    Bridal Shower - Games, Invitations, Favors, Ideas, and Gifts

Also, this aren't games but just to give you ideas. I had 4 x 6 cards at each seat labeled "Words of Wisdom" for each guest to write advice to the bride and groom. I then got a photo album and put them in there.

The bridal shower I threw was a potluck, so with the invitations I sent out recipe cards. Everyone loved the idea and had a great time trying new food, and the bride got lots of new recipes!
    Visit my blog: Shutters & Scribbles

Check out my class's Donors Choose page:
    Wildcat Projects
    **Donors Choose is a place where teachers post projects for their classes and request materials and/or technology for that project. People then can make donations starting at just $1 to help fund that project. This is a great way to support teachers and their classes!**

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Fun wedding shower games? There's no such thing. HAHAHAHAH!

Okay, yeah. And how just how many bridal showers have you been to Coheteboy?

Quote Originally Posted by PrncssZ View Post
    I threw a bridal shower for my friend and one of the fun games we played was the "What's in Your Purse Game". I gave the bride the list to read off and the person with the most items on the list won. I have the list if you'd like. Just PM me your email addy.

I also played a bridal shower version of "The Tray Game". I filled a tray with bridal shower stuff or stuff that represented the bride. I carried it around the room for everyone to see, then they had to write as many items as they could remember.

A game that I found but didn't have fun to play would be to match up celebrity couples.

These websites have great game ideas too: Bridal Shower Games - Free Games And Shower Ideas
    Bridal Shower - Games, Invitations, Favors, Ideas, and Gifts

Also, this aren't games but just to give you ideas. I had 4 x 6 cards at each seat labeled "Words of Wisdom" for each guest to write advice to the bride and groom. I then got a photo album and put them in there.

The bridal shower I threw was a potluck, so with the invitations I sent out recipe cards. Everyone loved the idea and had a great time trying new food, and the bride got lots of new recipes!
    Thanks for all of these great ideas!

So far, all I'd come up with were the words of wisdom cards and the how well do you know the bride game.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

I always lose this one immediately but others seem to like it. When each guest arrives they are given a clothes pin or some type of clip to put on themselves. If you are caught saying bride, groom or wedding then someone can your pin. The one with the most pins at the end of the party wins a prize.

Here a few fun ideas:

Put a Blank Recipe card in each invitation and have guests fill them out and bring them..It's always great for a bride to start her recipe collection...I still have mine and use them!

While the Bride is opening her gifts..have someone right down what she is saying (i.e Oh my gosh..that is so cute, I love it) without her knowing it. At the end, have them read out loud with the heading..."Things you will hear on your wedding night"...very funny!

Instead of toilet paper for the bride..we used tissue paper..

Have fun!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

At MissChristine's bridal shower a really fun one was a "How Well Do You Know" questionnaire that was passed out. Her sister made up the questions and then Christine read the questions outloud and answered them. The one with the most correct answers won.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• is poppin' tags

Quote Originally Posted by dmomof4 View Post
    While the Bride is opening her gifts..have someone right down what she is saying (i.e Oh my gosh..that is so cute, I love it) without her knowing it. At the end, have them read out loud with the heading..."Things you will hear on your wedding night"...very funny!
    That's awesome! It would be hilarious! You just have to be sneaky while writing... *mischievous grin*
    For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
    http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

• Nerd

I hate to admit that I would know a game to play at a shower but...I do.
    So...you place a bunch of random items on a serving tray such as scisors, fork, pencil, banana, potato peeler, etc, etc. around 20 items. (obviously all small stuff) and keep it covered with a dishtowel (or something fancy if you like) and then you reveal the tray. give everyone 5 seconds or 10 seconds to look at it, then they all have to write down what they think they saw. make sure you have a couple of obscure things on the tray. - by the way...its just a game. I can't vouch for it being fun on any level.

Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post
    I hate to admit that I would know a game to play at a shower but...I do.
    So...you place a bunch of random items on a serving tray such as scisors, fork, pencil, banana, potato peeler, etc, etc. around 20 items. (obviously all small stuff) and keep it covered with a dishtowel (or something fancy if you like) and then you reveal the tray. give everyone 5 seconds or 10 seconds to look at it, then they all have to write down what they think they saw. make sure you have a couple of obscure things on the tray. - by the way...its just a game. I can't vouch for it being fun on any level.

A twist to this classic game...have the bride hold the tray to allow guests to examine, and when the bride leaves, have the guests write down what the bride was wearing...it really throws them off and makes them think about it!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leopardchucks View Post
    My cousin had this game at her baby shower, but since it involves rice, it fits the wedding theme.

Fill a large bowl with dry white rice (one regular bag should do). Add a whole package of those itty bitty gold safety pins, the tiniest they come.

Blindfold each individual person and give them 2 minutes to dig around in the rice and using only their sense of touch, try to 'find' as many safety pins as they can. Keep track on paper. The person with the highest score at the end wins. You can even do prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd places.

I swear it is A LOT HARDER than it sounds.

Have fun!
    I've done this one at different showers before! And yes, it IS a lot harder than it sounds!

I may still have some stuff printed out from my daughters shower... I'll have to look later!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by dmomof4 View Post
    A twist to this classic game...have the bride hold the tray to allow guests to examine, and when the bride leaves, have the guests write down what the bride was wearing...it really throws them off and makes them think about it!
    That's pretty funny. Maybe I'll do that version of the game.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

We like to give everyone a blank bingo card with the letters B-R-I-D-E across the top. I fill in some of the boxes with typical wedding gifts and the guests fill in the rest however they like. (Or you can have them fill out the whole thing if you prefer, but it takes longer.) As the bride is opening gifts, people cross off the gifts as they appear and try to get a bingo. Since everyone fills out their own cards, the cards are all different, and anyone can win.

If you like no-maintenance games, set a timer for a random amount of time while the bride opens gifts. When the timer goes off, whoever gave the gift that the bride is opening at that time wins a prize. Easy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast