Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Brand new CM!

Re: Just Wondering: What do you think of my mini-hats?

Oh my gosh.....that Donald one is awesome!
    I Donald Duck!

• A Not-So-Mad Mini-Hatter

Quote Originally Posted by scarlett_3184 View Post
    Oh my gosh.....that Donald one is awesome!
    Haha, thanks. It took FOREVER to make. I'm surprised I didn't give up on it.
    I figured you'd like it. :]
    blogtwitterdeviantart

psh! hey, you! i make miniature disney hats. wanna see them? click here.

some cool cats:
    - a113 - animekiti4christ - captianeo,atis - ckelef1 - cocoa - dapperjoshua - disneyizz -
    disneylove - the disneylander - *disneyprincess* - disneyroyals411 - dmtnt55 - donald_duck -
    - fangalicious44 - firebolt413 - gummibears_rock - ice101 - incrediboy - itsxxdomoxxkun -
    - junglecruisefan - kablary - kritter -littleactressann - mainstreetjake - mandypandy - mikeskellington -
    - padgerfan - performerinwaiting - ss77 - theoretical - thinkingofdisney11 - wendyinwonderland - williamtheking -

• Future Cast Member

Those are adorable!

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I love the pirate hat. I could see my daughter wearing that. It would be adorable to use as a barrette.

Quote Originally Posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
    Those are adorable!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    I love the pirate hat. I could see my daughter wearing that. It would be adorable to use as a barrette.
    Thank you. :] And yes, it would be (adorable). It's pretty little in comparison to the other hats, and it's perfect for children. My cousins approve of them. :]

ALSO: A friend suggested a name to me, so I'm all good. I have a shop name now, and most likely in the next month I will put up my hats. Hopefully some of you will be interested. ;]
    blogtwitterdeviantart

some cool cats:
    - a113 - animekiti4christ - captianeo,atis - ckelef1 - cocoa - dapperjoshua - disneyizz -
    disneylove - the disneylander - *disneyprincess* - disneyroyals411 - dmtnt55 - donald_duck -
    - fangalicious44 - firebolt413 - gummibears_rock - ice101 - incrediboy - itsxxdomoxxkun -
    - junglecruisefan - kablary - kritter -littleactressann - mainstreetjake - mandypandy - mikeskellington -
    - padgerfan - performerinwaiting - ss77 - theoretical - thinkingofdisney11 - wendyinwonderland - williamtheking -

• GO DBACKS!!

Very cute!

Might I suggest that you also take pictures of hats next to a ruler or a quarter, just to demonstrate the scale. The detail is amazing, even more so when you consider the size.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

Quote Originally Posted by Earkid View Post
    Very cute!

Might I suggest that you also take pictures of hats next to a ruler or a quarter, just to demonstrate the scale. The detail is amazing, even more so when you consider the size.
    Ooh, that would probably be good. Thanks for the suggestion, and thanks for complimenting the detail. :] I will totally do that.

EDIT: Or, instead of the ruler, should I compare it to a normal pair of Mickey ears? In my room I have the Mary Poppins hat sitting on top of one, and when I originally created the hats, I wanted them to be accesories for the ear hats.
    Last edited by Colorized; 10-10-2009 at 09:08 AM.
    blogtwitterdeviantart

some cool cats:

• Circle of Ancients

I'm not really a hat person but my 17yo daughter is and she thinks these hats are cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    I'm not really a hat person but my 17yo daughter is and she thinks these hats are cute.
    Thank you, I appreciate your (or her) feedback. :]
    blogtwitterdeviantart

some cool cats:

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

They are very cute! I'd look like an old fool, but I'd wear 'em. They also might make cute magnets or even lanyard decorations, with some modification. Maybe you could make a MiceChat hat!

Quote Originally Posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
    They are very cute! I'd look like an old fool, but I'd wear 'em. They also might make cute magnets or even lanyard decorations, with some modification. Maybe you could make a MiceChat hat!
    Thanks! Hehe, nobody would think that, they'd just be jealous of your awesome hat.
    I might expand it to more than mini-hats, but I think I should just start with that first. ;]
    Hmmm..like a mouse ears hat with "MiceChat" on it?
    blogtwitterdeviantart

some cool cats:

• GO DBACKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Colorized View Post
    Ooh, that would probably be good. Thanks for the suggestion, and thanks for complimenting the detail. :] I will totally do that.

EDIT: Or, instead of the ruler, should I compare it to a normal pair of Mickey ears? In my room I have the Mary Poppins hat sitting on top of one, and when I originally created the hats, I wanted them to be accesories for the ear hats.
    I think photographing them next to a ruler or quarter would be better, that way the focus remains on the miniature size of the hat. If photographed next to large Mickey Ears some of the detail might be lost.

If you set up a website to sell these you can then add pictures of the mini hats on top of mouse ears to demonstrate uses for the hats. Someone mentioned magnets and barrettes........all good ideas! Good luck following your passion.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Colorized View Post
    Well, wear it of course! They are perfectly wearable hats. Just mini. :]

Thank you, thank you. :] The Mad Hatter was my personal favorite too, until I made the Santa Minnie one today. It's soooo pretty.

Thanks! Nope, they are fully functional as hats. Not just for looks. ;]

Thanks. :] I really want to. I love making them and everything, and I'm sure other people would love wearing them.
    I wouldn't want to completely take Disney's ideas though, using their characters and then using an actual store name they have.
    The truth is it not even ther (disney) characters ...it been an old old storybook
    even before disney..........they just made a movie from it that all.....
    (just for the information)

Quote Originally Posted by Earkid View Post
    I think photographing them next to a ruler or quarter would be better, that way the focus remains on the miniature size of the hat. If photographed next to large Mickey Ears some of the detail might be lost.

If you set up a website to sell these you can then add pictures of the mini hats on top of mouse ears to demonstrate uses for the hats. Someone mentioned magnets and barrettes........all good ideas! Good luck following your passion.
    Unfortunately, I won't be making my own site. I wish I could. :/ I don't know how to set up a place where you can actually purchase, so I already know what site I will be using. I'm not sure whether or not you can add multiple pictures of items on there, but if I can I would probably add the Mickey ears second, ruler first. Thanks for your help; I appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleman View Post
    The truth is it not even ther (disney) characters ...it been an old old storybook
    even before disney..........they just made a movie from it that all.....
    (just for the information)
    Ahh! You have a point. Well, some of them still are, like the Minnie, Mickey and Donald hats.
    blogtwitterdeviantart

some cool cats:

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

If you want to sell, you should try etsy.com

Do you he pictures of them on people? I just can't picture these tiny little hats actually on people's big ole heads? When you first posted, i thought they were for dolls.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast