Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Banned User

Re: Just Wondering: What do you think of my mini-hats?

They are darling. They almost look like antenna toppers or pencil toppers.

• A Not-So-Mad Mini-Hatter

Quote Originally Posted by QuestionableKri View Post
    The hats are very cute and likeable. Particularly that Halloweeny top hat. My only concerns and suggestions are this:
    1.)copyright infringement. If you were making these for fun and giving them away I wouldn't be concerned, but if you sell these there is the chance of somebody from Disney seeing it. Worst you'd probably get is a cease and desist letter.

2.) Try working on the finishings more. some of the edges on the ears and such look a little raw. And I can see a bit of the hot glue staining through the ribbon on the Halloween top hat.

But all that aside, you seem to be on a really good road creating these hats. Another selling website I've heard good things about is artfire, which is similar and offers a few more features, iirc, than etsy. plus you're allowed to have a free sellers account so none of the usual charges of etsy/ebay/etc apply. Also places like deviantart and such are good for showing of and advertising your work (then linking to the site which they're being sold.)

I hope my comments have been of some help to you!
    Yeah, I'm still kind of thinking about the copyright. I haven't been making any hats lately, soooo nothing's really final yet. :/ I might just make them for the heck of it and give them away.

And, yeah, I know. I have trouble with that, the finishings. On the newer hats I've been trying to work on that; the earlier hats were definitely more sloppy.

Thanks, they have!
    blogtwitterdeviantart

psh! hey, you! i make miniature disney hats. wanna see them? click here.

some cool cats:
    - a113 - animekiti4christ - captianeo,atis - ckelef1 - cocoa - dapperjoshua - disneyizz -
    disneylove - the disneylander - *disneyprincess* - disneyroyals411 - dmtnt55 - donald_duck -
    - fangalicious44 - firebolt413 - gummibears_rock - ice101 - incrediboy - itsxxdomoxxkun -
    - junglecruisefan - kablary - kritter -littleactressann - mainstreetjake - mandypandy - mikeskellington -
    - padgerfan - performerinwaiting - ss77 - theoretical - thinkingofdisney11 - wendyinwonderland - williamtheking -

i love them!
    i think that you should make more and post more pictures for us
    and try to figure out the legal side of everything because they are really adorable
    feel free to be friends with me on my other sites
    im going to be making a blog soon too
    just send me a message when adding me telling me that your from micechat so that i dont deny you!

other sites i am on
    myspace: http://www.myspace.com/439742246
    facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Brand...ola/1399909476
    plurlife: plurlife.com/brandiinicole [yes i am a raver and i am proud of it. no i am not a kandy kid and no i do not do drugs. i am there soley for the true reasons behind plur and to support the music and the djs that work hard everyday to create amazing sounds for us. everyone has there own genre of music that they love. that does not mean that i should be criticized because people decide to take drugs when going to listen to the electronic genre of music]

favorite disney princess: princess ariel
    favorite non princess: tinkerbell

Quote Originally Posted by brandiinicole View Post
    i love them!
    i think that you should make more and post more pictures for us
    and try to figure out the legal side of everything because they are really adorable
    Thanks. I still haven't looked at the legal stuff yet, but eventually I will...
    Next up on the list is Dr. Facilier's Top Hat. It'll be pretty snazzy.
    blogtwitterdeviantart

some cool cats:
    - a113 - animekiti4christ - captianeo,atis - ckelef1 - cocoa - dapperjoshua - disneyizz -
    disneylove - the disneylander - *disneyprincess* - disneyroyals411 - dmtnt55 - donald_duck -
    - fangalicious44 - firebolt413 - gummibears_rock - ice101 - incrediboy - itsxxdomoxxkun -
    - junglecruisefan - kablary - kritter -littleactressann - mainstreetjake - mandypandy - mikeskellington -
    - padgerfan - performerinwaiting - ss77 - theoretical - thinkingofdisney11 - wendyinwonderland - williamtheking -

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

This looks like something that would be proposed on Shark Tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post
    This looks like something that would be proposed on Shark Tank.
    ...would that be good or bad?
    blogtwitterdeviantart

some cool cats:

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Quote Originally Posted by Colorized View Post
    ...would that be good or bad?
    It's a good thing! I think they're really cute and love the idea .

Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post
    It's a good thing! I think they're really cute and love the idea .
    Oh, okay, great! Thanks, then, haha.
    blogtwitterdeviantart

some cool cats:

• Future Cast Member

do you have plans on making the new Mad Hatter hat(for the live-action AiW) I think that would be really cool, since it has so much detail! Anyway, I can't wait to see Dr. Facilier's!

• Shifting cargo

They're simply adorable dawling! I love the Peter Pan one. Actually... I love them all

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

I'd buy a Peter Pan one for sure, there just isn't enough Pan stuff out there Great job on all of them! Let me know if you ever sell them!
    This post brought to you by Eli ♥
    You know what's weird? Donald Duck never wore pants. But whenever he's getting out of the shower, he always put a towel around his waist. I mean, what's that about?
    LA GALAXYCHELSEA FCARSENAL FC

http://www.seashepherd.org

Quote Originally Posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
    do you have plans on making the new Mad Hatter hat(for the live-action AiW) I think that would be really cool, since it has so much detail! Anyway, I can't wait to see Dr. Facilier's!
    Oooh, that's a great idea! I need to make Facilier first, though. I got the feathers the other day for him, so I think I have everything...the new Mad Hatter would take some specific fabric though.

Quote Originally Posted by RedHandedJill View Post
    They're simply adorable dawling! I love the Peter Pan one. Actually... I love them all
    Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpossibleIsNothin View Post
    I'd buy a Peter Pan one for sure, there just isn't enough Pan stuff out there Great job on all of them! Let me know if you ever sell them!
    Oh, glad to hear that! What I'd really love to do is just make them and give them away now, since I don't wanna get in trouble with Disney. That would be easiest, and everyone's happy!

ALSO: I'm going to start making matching shirts. Speaking of which, I've already made a Peter Pan and Alice one.
    blogtwitterdeviantart

some cool cats:

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Colorized View Post
    Oooh, that's a great idea! I need to make Facilier first, though. I got the feathers the other day for him, so I think I have everything...the new Mad Hatter would take some specific fabric though.

ALSO: I'm going to start making matching shirts. Speaking of which, I've already made a Peter Pan and Alice one.
    Awesome! I think Dr. Facilier was a great character, can't wait to see the hat. And the MH one would probably take a while and special fabrics, because I read that the hat was made by hand, and it has a large variety of material that was patched to it.

Can't wait to see the matching shirts! Are they like imitations of the outfit the characters wear? That would make an awesome costume for Halloween or just to wear to the parks with a mini-hat I'd definitely buy a few hats and shirts

Quote Originally Posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
    Awesome! I think Dr. Facilier was a great character, can't wait to see the hat. And the MH one would probably take a while and special fabrics, because I read that the hat was made by hand, and it has a large variety of material that was patched to it.

Can't wait to see the matching shirts! Are they like imitations of the outfit the characters wear? That would make an awesome costume for Halloween or just to wear to the parks with a mini-hat I'd definitely buy a few hats and shirts
    It depends. In my birthday trip report, I wore a Halloween top hat and a shirt that was Nightmare Before Christmas themed, and it had Jack's bowtie on it. For the Mad Hatter hat, it was themed of a fanfiction. For Peter Pan, it said "You can fly" in edgy letters and had a silhouette of Peter Pan, with a couple rhinestones on his hat.
    blogtwitterdeviantart

some cool cats:

• Future Imagineer! =D

Those mini-hats are adorable!!
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234