Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Man O Lantern

Halloween Themed Evening for Adults.....food ideas?

I'm hosting our October Bunko group next Monday, and I'm stumped for "fall" or Halloweenish type foods!!

We usually try to serve a light dinner.....finger foods, salads, etc. an hour before we play Bunko each month, and I'm stumped. Also, I need dessert ideas!

Nothing too cutesy.....I could host a kids party in my sleep, but we're talking 20 women over the age of 30, not 4 year olds. That, I could manage.

Also.....I won't have access to an oven during the party, as we're doing it in a hotel conference room.....my friend who is co-hosting a manager at the Residence Inn down on the waterfront downtown, so we have this gorgeous location......but even more limited as to what we can do for food.

Help!

For drinks......I've got 2 6-packs of pumpkin ale and I'm mixing up a pitcher (or two) of Orange Drop Martinis and we've got several bottles of red and white wine. I'm set on drinks! Top priority, you know! Now we need food.

• Merry 2014!

Re: Halloween Themed Evening for Adults.....food ideas?

How about BBQ ribs and chicken wings served as a Bucket O' Bones? some carrots and celery and mushrooms could be "Sticks and Stones"? have a "blooody mary" dip as well (use food coloring in favorite dip or maybe some salsa) Go to your favoite bakerey and get some pumpkin shaped or ghosly shaped cake? Hope this gets your creative juices flowing.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Minion

Sandra Lee on The Food Network whipped up this fun dish for a Halloween Themed Party Episode

Spider's Nest Dip Recipe

Recipe Summary
    Difficulty: Easy
    Prep Time: 10 minutes
    Cook Time: 1 minute
    Yield: 20 to 25 servings

2 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
    1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
    1 1/2 cups sour cream
    1 (16-ounce) can black refried beans
    1 (12-ounce) package shredded Mexican cheese
    1/2 cup fresh chunky salsa (from your grocery's deli section)
    1 (2.25-ounce) can chopped black olives
    1 cup guacamole (from your grocery's deli section)
    1 (15-ounce) can whole black beans, drained and rinsed
    4 to 6 bags blue tortilla chips

In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and 1/2 packet of taco seasoning with 1 cup of the sour cream (hold the rest of the sour cream to decorate). Set mixture aside.
    Spread a thin layer of refried beans in the bottom of a microwaveable serving dish. Add a layer of shredded cheese. Heat dish in microwave for 1 minute, until cheese is slightly melted.

Drain the salsa and layer it over the cheese. Drain the olives and layer over the salsa. Add a layer of the sour cream mixture. Add a layer of guacamole.

To decorate the top, spoon a medium sized dollop of sour cream in the center. This is the spider's "nest."

Spoon the rest of the sour cream into an air-tight bag. Cut a very small piece out of 1 of the bottom corners of the bag and, starting at the outer edge of the dip, pipe a thin circle around the perimeter. Create another circle half way between the perimeter circle and the center dollop, creating 3 circles.

Using a knife blade, toothpick or skewer, drag a thin line of the sour cream from the "nest" outward toward the edge of the dish. Continue making lines all around the "nest" to complete the spider web design. Position whole black beans onto the sour cream "web."

Embellish with plastic decorative spiders. Serve with a bowl of blue tortilla chips, and watch your guests scurry to get a bite!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Make little tea sized sandwiches out of whatever you want- cream cheese and cucumber, sandwich meat, cheese, whatever. Cut off the crust and then cut them into little triangles. Spread mayo, or whatever goes with the filling onto the sides or walls of the sandwiches and then dip the edges into super fine crushed cheesy dorritos to make them orange.

Paula Dean made little tea sandwiches like that but used crushed nuts and herbs- I just thought of cruched doritos because they are orange.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

You know who our Halloween-food specialty guy is, and he hasn't been around much lately. Lashbear, we are calling youuuuuu!!!!!
    A signature should go here.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

First off I'm very disappointed that you haven't included Caramel Apple Martinis missy! What's Halloween w/o Caramel apples!!

You know I think I would stick with some tried and true recipes and just "halloween them up" Like add food coloring, or serve several different dips in different sized pumpkins. I like the idea of a big batch of chili, great fall food, served in a cauldron, if you have a fog machine you could put it back there. And use alot of autumn foliage to decorate the table. Then if you decent to go with desserts make it something fun like rice krispie treats or the above mentioned caramel apples!

Go with the idea that you know "your" tried and true recipes are good but PRESENTATION is everthing! <hairflip>

But I thought of you when I saw this
    a recipe for Pumpkin Creme Cheese Sandwiches
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci..._12907,00.html

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

I checked the domestic diva for ideas:
    Devil's Black Bean Salsa and pumpkin cheesecake looked pretty good. She also had a recipe to make lady fingers in the shape of fingers, creepy!

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

I have a recipe for a chocolate and pumpkin cheesecake that is really good if you are interested. Its make in a 9x13 dish, so you could make it and cut it before hand- it almost sets into bars for easier serving.

I'll post it if you want, but I am too lazy to type it out if you aren't interested
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• My cuties!

I have a really good pumpkin dip -- you can use graham crackers or fruit. I'll have to find the recipe.

Mini Pumpkin pies...just put the crust in cupcake tins and fill! takes less time to cook and serves one each. Everyone loves their very own pumpkin pie!
    If not how about a pumpkin cake...just bake your favorite cake mix in a bunt pan(round with a whole in it) and frost with frosting dyed orange. Use an icecream cone covered in green frosting for the stem...just insert in the hole in the middle of the cake. If you go with any kind of dip you can add some little carrots sticking up in it with shaved almonds stuck to the tops so it looks like a hand is coming out of the dip.

These pumpkin bars are super easy to make, and I always get raves whenever I serve them. Just make them the night before, then cut them and they'll travel beautifully.

Here's the recipe:
    http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipe....aspx?ID=32371

• Man O Lantern

Thank you everyone! Pumpkin cheesecake bars sound sooooo good! Mmmm, and pumpkin bread. And I loooove apples with caramel dip (and the martini, too!).

I was just going to do that orange creme drops, because they are SO good! Grey Goose L'orange and vanilla vodkas!! Mmmm, with some fresh squeezed orange juice....O.M.G! They are so good! And they're orange.

I love the layered mexican dips and it would be SO easy to do that sour cream spider web.....I could do that! I was already thinking of getting chips and salsa from my neighborhood Mexican restaurant....their chips and salsa are to die for.

I also love fresh warm bread from our neighborhood bakery. I was thinking of cutting it into cubes and making some sort of dip. And they make an apple spice cake that is mouth-watering.

Hhhhmmmm.....

I also need table snacks. M&M's, candy corn, caramel corn, Pirate Bootie, popables, etc. I need 10 types! Ack.

• Minion

Sounds like a fun evening in store for everyone!

I had no idea Bunko was such an affair! 10 different table snacks? Why is that?

I have the best crab dip recipe at home. You'll need to bring a small crock pot so it stays warm. Or you could do an artichoke/spinach dip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast