Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Blog Entries

Hair drama, Help?

Hello ladies (and some gents)

First I must start by saying I hardly ever let anyone touch my hair, like EVER. Today, I took the risk and went and got my hair down. I wanted DARK auburn low-lights and a trim to enhance the curl in my LONG hair. What I ended up getting was bush-wacked and orange stripes...I am so mad... I AM NOT going back to this woman who charged me $100 to do this, but i need to fix it, it is SO not me.

How long should i wait before I put another color over the top t even out the highlights.

She double processed me (lifted the highlights then colored allover). I do have very healthy hair as I never really do anything to mess it up. I am a wash and go girl.

Would Wednesday be too soon? Do you know of a better way to even it out? Help?

Isn't the definition of a low light DARKER?
    Last edited by krystledm; 12-01-2009 at 10:52 PM.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Re: Hair drama, Help?

I don't know if the pictures don't do it justice, but it doesn't look all that bad to me. But I realize that you don't like it and that definitely matters. I don't believe you have to wait long to redo it. I know you don't want to go back to the lady that did this, but you should, and explain that it did not turn out the way you wanted at all. If you can't at least get a refund, perhaps you can get it fixed by maybe someone else who works there?
    I have had to do this before and it sucks and it's kind of embarrassing, but you paid a good chunk of money to have your hair look a certain way and you were not satisfied with the end result. You are the customer, which means you are always right. So they should attempt to fix this for you.
    I am extremely anal when it comes to my hair. I only allow my girl to cut my hair dry with scissors and a razor so I can see what it looks like and how it's being cut. I've had way too many screw ups getting my hair cut wet, that I know better now.
    Good luck and I hope everything works out!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Yeah it doesn't look that bad in the photos. I actually kind of like it.

As for how long you should wait to redo it yourself (or have someone else redo it), some people will tell you a week or two, but you really only have to wait like 48 hours. There's been times I've colored my hair at home, messed up and just redid it the next day, a mere 24 hours later.

I've been dying my hair since I was 18 (I'm now 35) and It's amazingly in good shape despite the abuse it's been through over the years (before I started coloring, my mom made me get a perm nearly every year from elementary through high school... HATED that). So my hair has really been through the wringer between all the perm chemicals for 12 years and then another almost 18 years of coloring.

Oh and to protect your color from fading and keeping it shiny, if you have a Sally Beauty nearby (or any beauty supply store), I highly recommend the Coloresse or Ion lines of shampoos, conditioners & styling products.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

I agree with the others on I don't think it looks bad, maybe it's the light but it doesn't look orange to me.

I would go back to the salon you wen to and explain the issue. Maybe you can have a different hairdresser fix what you wanted.I've had my hair turn out not what I wanted and my hairdresser takes care of it no problem.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

I can see a difference - it has those "chunks" orangeish in it. I hate that style - but yours doesn't look as bad as others I've seen (like blonde and black).

I would go to a different place to get it fixed - but i would ask around for recommendations first! Good luck
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Yeah, definately go back and tell her the problems you have with it. She'd probably be willing to put a hair color over the top to take out the highlights.

Good luck!

When I had highlights a few years ago, one time my stylist didn't quite do it how I wanted (I wanted them wider), so we scheduled another appointment for later in the week and she redid them for free.

Talk to the stylist and if they give you a hard time, go to the owner of the salon.

Where's Tabatha Coffey when we need her?

Seriously! I thought about her on MOnday.

I called a salon I'd never been to. I wanted to come in for a haircut. I asked the lady who answered the phone if they had someone good at cutting layers. She said "yes, two are really good". I waited...no names. So, I asked..."anyone you suggest?" She said.."yes. **** is good and so is ***. But, I don't know who's coming in today. They might be. I'm not sure. They haven't called and told me. I think **** is coming in at 1."

Wait.....you're running the salon, and you don't know who's working? Or, if they are supposed to?

Tabitha!

Geez. I am so glad stuff like that doesn't happen at the salon I go to. They're awesome. I've been a client there for almost 6 years. When I lived in Michigan, I was a client at the same salon for 17 years and my mom still goes there to this day.

• no flash photography...

My hairdresser does not charge when she messes up. It only happened once. I have blond hair and I wanted it dyed dark brown. The dye did not take at all....no charge. She also will redo hair if I decide I don't like it once I get time. I've been going to her for years though.

• Minion

From the photos I think it looks fine. You dont have to wait long at all. I just got my hair done two weeks ago and I really didnt like the highlights she did this time. I asked her to do something "different" and that different was just a little too different for me! So I went back TODAY actually and got all brown. I think I will stick with that for a while! Anyway hope you got the color you wanted.

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

yeah that's kind of the reason why i stopped coloring my hair

one time i was highlighting my hair with well...highlights lol
    and i ended up with one very blonde streak in my hair
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

So what did you end up doing?

• Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    So what did you end up doing?
    I'm kind of broke so I've had to leave it

Next month I'll fix it!

did you contact the salon to see if they would fix it? I had a bad haircut once and they told me to come back...and another girl fixed it for free.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast