Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Shifting cargo

Reebok Easy Tone Shoes

Have any of you ladies tried either Reebok's "Easy Tone" shoes or Sketcher's "Shape Ups"? I was very intrigued when I first heard about them, but I've since learned that they cost anywhere from $80-$130 bucks! I really want to try them but I don't feel like wasting a bunch of money. Do any of you have reviews on either of these shoes or a similar product?

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Re: Reebok Easy Tone Shoes

I have a friend who wears FitFlops (same idea, exercise and tone while you walk) and she swears by them. I read a couple of reviews (on the FitFlops) online and most say they don't really believe they tone as much as they claim, but they are extremely comfortable. I'm not sure the Reebok and Sketchers are made the same way, but they all claim the same thing.

Anyone remember the Earth Shoes hoopla in the 70's (I think)? This reminds me of the same thing.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Villains Fan View Post
    I have a friend who wears FitFlops (same idea, exercise and tone while you walk) and she swears by them. I read a couple of reviews (on the FitFlops) online and most say they don't really believe they tone as much as they claim, but they are extremely comfortable. I'm not sure the Reebok and Sketchers are made the same way, but they all claim the same thing.

Anyone remember the Earth Shoes hoopla in the 70's (I think)? This reminds me of the same thing.
    I fitflops. I have 2 pairs I wear all summer long. Most comfortable sandals i've ever worn. When you first get them and for about the first year or so you can really feel the difference in your legs (your calf muscles will be sore for awhile), which is why you start out wearing them on occasion to break them in.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Shifting cargo

Those look pretty cool. The only thing is that I'm looking for mostly tenna shoes. I walk up and down my school campus all day and because it's still cold outside (and it's in San Francisco, which is cold as it is) I need more cover.

• no flash photography...

I have the shape ups, yes if you are walking to exercise you defiantly feel it, but for me not so much for just casual everyday walking.

I would not wear them to DL for the day though. I get tired quicker when I wear them.

I want to try the Reebok version though.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I'm looking at all those shoes for work. I walk all day at work and figure I'd get more bang for my walking buck if I have them. I know one girl at work has the Shape Ups, she likes them. My one concern is doing CPR in them because if I'm on a code, I'm up on a stool, I wonder what would happen with the rocking back and forth...

• Loves Fajita!

I have the shape ups and really like them. They do force you to put more effort into balancing as you walk which uses different muscles.

If I am just walking around casually I do not fill a major difference. However, I can tell I use more muscle groups than regular sneakers when I wear them to the gym, grocery store and things like that. I have an office job and when I wear them there I just try to walk more briskly in the hallway, and I try to remember step on the heel and roll to the toe to get more out of them.

KK I think you would be fine on a stool. Once I got used to them I felt very stable just standing, because when standing on them centered the bottoms seem to flatten a bit.

I dont know about toning and such, I have not paid attention. But I do think it helps me use my core more when I do my cardio, or go for a walk. For me this is very good as my core is very weak.... because my routine is mostly cardio and very little strength training.

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    I'm looking at all those shoes for work. I walk all day at work and figure I'd get more bang for my walking buck if I have them. I know one girl at work has the Shape Ups, she likes them. My one concern is doing CPR in them because if I'm on a code, I'm up on a stool, I wonder what would happen with the rocking back and forth...
    They don't really rock enough for you to loose your balance. When I bought my shoes the store said a lot of nurses where buying them.

• Shifting cargo

But are they really worth all of that money? How much did each of you pay?

• Loves Fajita!

Mine were a gift, but I assume they were around $100. I think its worth it, especially if you are already in the market for athletic shoes and are just adding to a cost that you already need to spend.

I forgot to mention when I do my cardio at the same effort level/speeds as usual, my heart rate stays consistently higher when I am wearing these. So I think the claims of cardiovascular benefits may not be too far off. .. and I feel like I worked harder the next day.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

My mom has a pair of Skechers Shape Ups and so far she likes them. She said she never noticed how much she rocks back on her heels before. Plus they make her taller, which she likes (she's only 5'3"... I'm 5'7" & dad is 5'11", so we both kind of tower over her, me moreso, because I'm usually wearing shoes that have at least 3" heels).

I don't know about the Reebok shoes but I've been wearing my Sketchers Shape-Ups for almost two months now and I've dropped a pants size. I went to get more size 6 jeans for work and ended up having to get 4s, so now I have baggy 6s and comfy 4s lol.
    This post brought to you by Eli ♥
    You know what's weird? Donald Duck never wore pants. But whenever he's getting out of the shower, he always put a towel around his waist. I mean, what's that about?
    LA GALAXYCHELSEA FCARSENAL FC

http://www.seashepherd.org

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I ended up buying the Easy Tone (the pink ones for breast cancer) yesterday. I had tried the Sketchers and I have the worst balance ever, so I didn't like wearing them. I'm breaking these in today and so far so good.

• Shifting cargo

Well it seems the majority of people who've tried them or know people who've tried them, gave the both shoes positive reviews. Now I just have to decide which one to choose, seeing as how they do practically the same thing.

Not sure if they work or not, but wal mart has a brand called danskin that has a similar product for only $25. Again, not sure if they work as well as the skechers or reebok but probably worth a shot before you take the plunge into shoes costing 4 times the price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast