Thread: Hot Rollers?

• Shifting cargo

Hot Rollers?

Hey ladies! I posted a thread on here before about hot rollers and how they worked for your hair. I was hoping to get a set for Christmas and therefore saving myself the hassle of choosing a brand for myself. Unfortunately I didn't get any this year, so I now have to shop through the dozens upon dozens of hot roller brands. For those of you with hot rollers, which brand do you recommend?

My hair type is long, thick, and wavy. My hair curls and straightens effortlessly and I love putting silky curls in my hair. I'm not going for a Shirley Temple look, but for exactly this look- Long, Soft Curls. Funny enough, my hair is pretty much exactly that color red I want a hot roller that doesn't over curl my hair, although that might depend on how long I keep them in and such. If there is a specific brand you would recommend, please help me out. Thanks for all of your help gals!

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Hot Rollers?

A former coworker of mine has these:

Remington T-Studio Heated Clip Setter : Target

She brought them to work one day and she did a few sections of my hair, which is past my shoulders, but baby-fine. She just put them on the ends to curl them and they came out really good and the curl held up well. I like how they have "butterfly" clips to hold them in place so you don't get "dents" in your hair like some hot rollers can leave.

I've been thinking of maybe getting a set for myself sometime.

• Shifting cargo

I'll check into that aimster, thank you

• Mrs. J. Depp

When I was in cheerleading, we used foam curlers in our hair. We were supposed to have ringlets, but some people used wider ones for less tight curls. I had friends who also did rag curls, and also the wire foam curlers which bend. I do not know how easy any of those options are, or if you are looking just for hot rollers. But there are some options for ya. Hot hair styling items hate me and i always get burned, so I thought I'd throw out some alternatives. Let us know what you get.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Shifting cargo

I've clamped all five fingers on my straightening iron about three times and I've burned myself dozens and dozens of times, so heat and I can somewhat tolerate each other It may be some time before I get the rollers, maybe a few months, so we'll see. Thanks for your alternatives!

• Is it summer yet???

I just saw something on Rachel Ray this week about hot rollers and long"Victoria Secret" curls. Definitely get the type with the full clip (like a banana clip).

She gave a tip about how to place the hair on the roller. She suggested that you begin rolling mid-way up your hair and then hand wrap the ends around the roller and snap the clip on. This prevents the jagged look on the ends of your hair when you remove the roller. I've used hot rollers on and off for over 20 years and I always had problems with crimping the ends of my hair.
    Rally Rat, Oh how I've missed thee!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

^^ I like that idea! That's one reason why I stopped using rollers... the crimped/bent ends. I may have to look into getting a new set now... like those ones I posted about earlier that my former coworker has.