Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• is poppin' tags

Anybody getting married soon? Let's chat about planning!

I am eating/breathing/living everything weddings right now!

Any other MCers planning their big day? I want to share ideas and encouragement with other ladies going through the same stuff.

I am planning a pretty long engagement (big day 7-10-2011). Mostly because my fiance is currently working out-of-town.

We are pretty unconventional people and I want to do almost everything myself.

I don't have a strict theme other than we want a neo-victorian vibe.

I plan on wearing a red dress. My fella is gonna go with a Dr. Terminus-type outfit (complete with top hat and tails).

What are you doing Winter Wonder?
    How's the Beauty & the Beast theme coming along?
    For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
    http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

• Hukuna Matata!

Re: Anybody getting married soon? Let's chat about planning!

I need to get you with my fiance, I proposed at the end of september at disneyland but shes been looking for a wedding planner Not the person but I guess like a book. Its going to be a few years, when are you planning yours?

She trys to talk to me but I just dont know about this stuff.

• Disneymom

Congrats on both of you. Planning can be stressful but just remember, in the end all you are gonna remember is each other. 20 yrs from now it won't matter what you spent on your wedding just that you are still together. DH and I just had our 20th anniversary wensday and are celebrating it tomorrow.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

We did almost no planning, a few phone calls and a trip to get the marriage license. Then we 'eloped', got married on a beach and came home and told the masses.

It was terrific and I'd do it again the same way.

But enjoy yours, don't get frantic because it's really about the marriage and not the wedding. Congrats!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by leopardchucks View Post

What are you doing Winter Wonder?
    How's the Beauty & the Beast theme coming along?

I'd thought you'd never ask!!!!!!
    I recently found my dress, while not being the exact dress I was looking at this one flatters my body and does have a very nice hint of "belle" in it. i think i love it more...
    I actully just got back home from looking at a couple of venues in my home town. We decided on a ballroom that is painted in a pale gold and has beautiful red drapes and 3 chandliers. (if i can find a pic on the internet i will deff post) we also looked at caterers today. (no luck though)
    i keep finding little hint of the movie to add to my reception and to my wedding cake and everything so I am as happy as can be!
    however im not feeling the stress yet, its funny everyone keeps saying "dont stress it will be beautiful" and im all like"i know..." lol

what about u? anythingn amazing happen for wedding plans recently?

• Disappearing/Reappearing

oh my gosh! You're wearing a red dress????? I HAVE to see pictures when you get it. I keep telling my husband, that if we were to get married right now (instead of 10 years ago), things would be completely different. Esp. my dress....it'd be dark, blood red. And the bridesmaids dresses would be black.

I think my mother is relieved we were married so long ago. LOL

• is poppin' tags

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    oh my gosh! You're wearing a red dress????? I HAVE to see pictures when you get it. I keep telling my husband, that if we were to get married right now (instead of 10 years ago), things would be completely different. Esp. my dress....it'd be dark, blood red. And the bridesmaids dresses would be black.
    Yeah! I think I'm gonna have to go with 2 pieces though. I want a corset bodice and an massive poufy tutu of red tulle for a skirt. I am not having much luck finding something like that, so I will probably have purchase them seperately. I bought a black corset from a little boutique here and the owner makes them herself! I'm thinking I can splurge and get a custom one. I may have to make the tutu myself. I've been searching, but have not found what I picture in my mind.

And we are going to have EVERYONE wear all black! Both of our wedding parties and all in attendance. We think it will make some really surreal and artsy photographs.

• is poppin' tags

Quote Originally Posted by winder*wonder View Post
    I'd thought you'd never ask!!!!!!
    I recently found my dress, while not being the exact dress I was looking at this one flatters my body and does have a very nice hint of "belle" in it. i think i love it more...
    Show us some pics!!!
    I actully just got back home from looking at a couple of venues in my home town. We decided on a ballroom that is painted in a pale gold and has beautiful red drapes and 3 chandliers. (if i can find a pic on the internet i will deff post) we also looked at caterers today. (no luck though)
    We are going to Virginia City (near Reno) to do some venue scouting in March. I am so excited! It's an old mining town and there are a bunch of ornate buildings from the 1800s there and a spooky old graveyard. Mark Twain was the editor of the Virginia City newspaper way back in the day!

i keep finding little hint of the movie to add to my reception and to my wedding cake and everything so I am as happy as can be!
    however im not feeling the stress yet, its funny everyone keeps saying "dont stress it will be beautiful" and im all like"i know..." lol

what about u? anythingn amazing happen for wedding plans recently?
    I haven't decided if I even want a cake or not. Neither of us really care for cake too much. Cupcake tower? Pie buffet? I'm not sure about that yet...

I have been spending a ton of time on Offbeatbride.com. It's been really inspiring. Seeing some of what some of these creative couples come up with is really encouraging and awesome.

What are doing for a cake topper?

• is poppin' tags

Quote Originally Posted by Joshnyah View Post
    I need to get you with my fiance, I proposed at the end of september at disneyland but shes been looking for a wedding planner Not the person but I guess like a book. Its going to be a few years, when are you planning yours?

She trys to talk to me but I just dont know about this stuff.
    There is one to print out on the website I mentioned in the above post. I printed it out and I'm going through the check list with gusto. It does put it all in perspective chronologically for you and makes the task seem less daunting. If you have the money for a wedding planner, that's cool. It just seems like I'd be paying someone to do stuff that I WANT to do. I'm pretty bossy when it comes to creative productions....heh heh. I gotta do it myself.

Yeah! I think I'm gonna have to go with 2 pieces though. I want a corset bodice and an massive poufy tutu of red tulle for a skirt. I am not having much luck finding something like that, so I will probably have purchase them seperately. I bought a black corset from a little boutique here and the owner makes them herself! I'm thinking I can splurge and get a custom one. I may have to make the tutu myself. I've been searching, but have not found what I picture in my mind.

And we are going to have EVERYONE wear all black! Both of our wedding parties and all in attendance. We think it will make some really surreal and artsy photographs.
    that's such a great idea...asking everyone to wear black! Have you decided what color for the flowers? I love those deep, red roses. The ones that look like velvet. And I love your idea for the corset. LOVE corsets!

• Banned User

Show us some pics!!!

We are going to Virginia City (near Reno) to do some venue scouting in March. I am so excited! It's an old mining town and there are a bunch of ornate buildings from the 1800s there and a spooky old graveyard. Mark Twain was the editor of the Virginia City newspaper way back in the day!

I haven't decided if I even want a cake or not. Neither of us really care for cake too much. Cupcake tower? Pie buffet? I'm not sure about that yet...

I have been spending a ton of time on Offbeatbride.com. It's been really inspiring. Seeing some of what some of these creative couples come up with is really encouraging and awesome.

What are doing for a cake topper?

ok I cant load the pic up of the ballroom but heres a link to it: (just scroll down the page a bit)

Facility Rentals

and here is the link to my dresssssssss:
    David's Bridal - Satin ball gown with cuff neckline, lace-up back, and pick up skirt.=

oh how i LOVE it.

WHERE DO YOU LIVE? My home town is Carson City, 10 miles away from VC and that place is amazing. Have you thought about getting married in thier church? its gorgous. (its a small world after all huh? ) :P

and for my cake, i like cakes but i dont like tradtional weddingcakes, i esp. hate the cake toppers (they never LOOK happy) so what were doing is me and my dad are creating the cake with 3 tiers, and in between the first and second tier will be a bell jar and inside it a sugar blown red rose....my dad and i are very artsy and like to bake so this will be very fun for us.

personally, i have never heard of a pie buffet but that sounds really cool, but also you could do cheesecake, icecream sundaies, ect.... buffet style

Beautiful dress, WW. What color is the trim? And that ballroom looks perfect!

Hey LC!!! I say....go with a donut cake. Nothing says love like a stack of fresh Krispy Kremes.

• is poppin' tags

WW- That dress is super cute! Are you going with a yellow trim? And I really like that ball room!

Quote Originally Posted by winder*wonder View Post
    WHERE DO YOU LIVE? My home town is Carson City, 10 miles away from VC and that place is amazing. Have you thought about getting married in thier church? its gorgous. (its a small world after all huh? ) :P
    We live in Vegas, but the Carson City/Reno area is kinda in the middle for everyone that will traveling. Most people will be coming from Vegas, Portland, and Boise. And....neither of us have been to VC, but my mom recommended it when I told her about the quasi-theme. It looks great from what I have seen online and in books. A church is really a no-go for us....we are atheist. Most churches won't rent out their space for non-religious weddings (or so I have heard). We plan on being there for a few days in March, so we are going to really scope out our options. I'm thinking maybe an old museum? Or that school that was turned into a bed & breakfast?

and for my cake, i like cakes but i dont like tradtional weddingcakes, i esp. hate the cake toppers (they never LOOK happy) so what were doing is me and my dad are creating the cake with 3 tiers, and in between the first and second tier will be a bell jar and inside it a sugar blown red rose....my dad and i are very artsy and like to bake so this will be very fun for us.

personally, i have never heard of a pie buffet but that sounds really cool, but also you could do cheesecake, icecream sundaies, ect.... buffet style
    I've seen some really cute, custom cake toppers on etsy. Like day-of-the-dead sugar skulls, or dolls painted to match the bride and groom.
    Your sugar roses sound soooo pretty! And right on par with your theme!

Cheesecake is a great idea! I don't think we'll be doing ice cream (summertime in Nevada)....

Have you picked your shoes yet?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Wink Re: Anybody getting married soon? Let's chat about planning!

Fun, you get to pick out shoes.

I wanna play - damn Prop H8.

Happy nuptials - lmk if you need advice on a matter of style, decor or manners.

Leopardchucks and Joshnya are my buddies.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    Beautiful dress, WW. What color is the trim? And that ballroom looks perfect!

it will be a champange color, it was the closet thing we could get to gold, without it being to yellow-ie. lol

my shoes, that is difficult for me. I would like to wear heals but all the ones i tried one were killing my feet after a few minutes. also i dont want them to be overly high becuase i have NO balence. (just imagining me walking down the aisle with high heels would be hilarious) so i was hoping maybe for some slippers? but i my dress would cover my feet anyways, so im not extremly worried about it.

and yeaaaaaaaaaaaa that would probably be a no go with the church then. idk if they rent it out but u could try the opera house. i have never been in it but have heard amazing things about it. I think u will realllllly like VC, very authentic, can be very spooky but has always been fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast