Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• pixie cutie

Re: We are all losing sleep: help!!!

I understand and sympathize with all of you. My daughter had a similiar experience from the time she was born until she was 9 months of age.
    The problem-Lactose Intolerance. Certain children can not properly digest milk products. The baby/child gets gas pain and is unable to pass gas. I switched to soy milk formula (which can be found at Target) and I was able to begin sleeping through the night. My pediatrician recommend slowly reintroducing cow's milk at 3 years of age. Now, my daughter only has a problem if she eats cheese or consumes excess dairy products during the day. I hope this helps you.

Also, some children have a wheat allergy. Ask your child's physician.
    Good Luck.

An amusing book to read regarding this experience is called,
    Operating Instructions: A Journal of My Son's First Year by Anne Lamott,
    a brillant writer.

• For old time sake

I was going to ask if she drinks milk before bed. Perhaps it's a lactose thing. Tink was reading my mind
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Circle of Ancients

Night-time cough medicine ... works wonders!!!

Okay, but seriously. It might be that she's eating too close to bed-time. I have a co-worker here who has this problem. If she eats past 8pm she will get nightmares, and she's in her mid-20's.

Definately cut out any sugar and/or caffeine she may be drinking. You never know what can trigger such things.

Also, are there any stuffed animals in her room that could be scaring her?

I still can't look at the monkey with the cymbals.

• For old time sake

Ok, Jimmy Kimmel just had Jim Rome on....HOLY HOT HELL....can he be yummier?
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Playtester

It sounds like night terrors. It happens (if I remember right) when their imaginations start working, and working overtime. I'd try playing a cd of classical music- pick one cd and keep that only as the bedtime cd. Eventually, they associate that with getting tired and going to sleep, so if they do wake up, turn it back on and it should calm them down. You also might try one of those fisher price type mobiles (or the lamps) that project fishes on the walls. Have you changed her from a crib to a toddler bed? or a Twin bed? Could that be causing the issue? Is she sleeping in her own room or your room? Has that changed recently? Maybe putting a mattress in your room on the floor might let her sleep easier. I know both my sons did it for a short period of time, but they have always been good sleepers and its never been very hard to get them back to sleep once we got them calmed down. Also maybe try in the middle of the day to get her out and running around, if she's tired she might sleep a lot better.
    It's Just me, Jenn.
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." ~Walt Disney

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12