Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alone in the OC

• Pirate Princess

Sad Alone in the OC

Kind of like Sleepless in Seattle, right?

Well I'm a long-time lurker, off and on poster on MiceChat. I admit I get away from it every now and then, but when I need Disney info this is the first place I come.

Last year, I decided it was time to get off my butt and follow my dream of working for Disney. Boyfriend encouraged me to go back to school, so I looked into it. Chose Concordia University in Irvine, and I'm majoring in Business Marketing. I don't know if marketing is what I'll stick with, I just know I want to work for Disney in some capacity.

Well I moved down here about 2 and a half weeks ago. Boyfriend and family helped me move my belongings to live in Orange, renting a room from our family-friend. I like the school, but the schedule is hectic with full time classes and a part-time job.

Last Sunday, out of the blue, completely unexpected, boyfriend breaks up with me. I literally had no clues that this was coming. Now I'm in SoCal, with pretty much no friends, no boyfriend, and my mom 300 miles away. Obviously this has shaken up my adjusting to the new area.

Not sure what I hope to get out of posting this here, but hoping some Disney ladies can relate. I'd also like to get involved in some meets to find friends who love Disney like I do, and since I'm finally close enough to participate.

Thanks for letting me vent.

LiTtLeMeRmAiD
    "And don't underestimate the importance of BODY LANGUAGE!"

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Alone in the OC

Sorry about all the bad mojo going on in your life but if you ever need to hang, Micechatters can be found at Disneyland every sunday at noon at the hub.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•   
    • Senior Minion

So sorry that your new life in OC's off to a bad start. We'd love to meet you so like Coheteboy said, definitely swing by a hub meet the next time you're at the parks on a Sunday.

• www.JonAutopsy.com

Best advice I can give is just keep yourself busy. It's probably tough without friends since you're new to the area but start doing things that will keep you entertained and distracted until you adjust to your new lifestyle.

I've never been to a Sunday meet-up at Disneyland with the Micechatters but they're good people and it's a good way to meet some new friends and get into the flow of living a new life.

Seriously, the best way to look at it is this: Being that you just moved down here and you're starting completely fresh, it's best that all this happens now than when you're adjusted and used to living life in a specific way. You've got a brand new start in a brand new place without the distractions of anything else to hold you back. Now's the time to focus on yourself and make your life the way you want it with whomever you want to, however you want to.

That's the best I can give since I've somewhat been in your shoes, before.

Good luck with everything!
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

• Pirate Princess

Ok, thanks. I knew it was weekly, but wasn't sure of the specifics.
    "And don't underestimate the importance of BODY LANGUAGE!"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

i think being in school will help a lot too, study groups and such tend to pop up and its a great way to meet people

and yeah, i'd totally recommend the meets on sundays, lots of friendly people all with a common interest---Disneyland
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Although I'm not in OC...welcome!

Definitely go to a few meets. How about signing up to volunteer or participate in the Gumball Rally? You'll meet a lot of us and of course love us because who wouldn't? (koff)

Participate in a few school type things, I'm not sure what Concordia offers. Maybe your friend/landlord could help you meet a few new people, too.

I'm sorry things haven't gone according to plan, but hopefully you'll find yourself in a better place soon.

• Hukuna Matata!

Maybe the best thing for you right now is to be alone. With school and life all the negativity around you is just going to keep the pain on your shoulders, I know its eaiser said then done, but time heals all wound's. It will not be long and you will be over this destruction and on to rebuilding your new life. Just remember keep your head on your shoulders, keep yourself as your top priority and never give up on finding your happiness, we all go thru obstacles and this is a test for you and Im sure you will get all A's. Your in the right place anytime you need anything you have someone at every corner to talk to. It hurts now but soon it will hurt less.

• Mrs. J. Depp

It breaks my heart to hear stories like this. I'm so sorry that this had to happen to you. But I can gather that you are very independent, and that will totally work in your favor as you move past this. You're out there on your own, going to school, living life and I promise there will be a silver lining to all of this.
    I've found out a couple of things myself that help tremendously in this type of situation:
    1) Keep busy. Whether it be with school, errands, cleaning up, etc.
    2) Surround yourself with positive people. Friends, family, classmates. I know you said that you don't know anyone and have no family nearby but that will change. Definitely meet some Micechatters. And if you need any advice or anything, don't hesitate to lean on me.
    3) Listen to your favorite music a lot. Music is literally a giant part of my life and has helped me get through some serious tough times.
    4) Get active. Workout in any form you can. The endorphins you release when you work out can be mood elevating and they'll make you feel good.

Above all, keep your chin up and keep looking ahead. You have a bright future ahead of you and lots of happy times on the way.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• sleepy lagoon

Hey LittleMermaid... my daughter (fellow MiceChatter screen name "Lolo") goes to Concordia University in Irvine!! She is a history major/art minor and is in her second year. I just told her about you and she would love to meet a fellow Concodia student/MiceChatter... so you are not so alone!!

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

While it sucks that your boyfriend dumped you, look at it as a blessing. You're not stuck with him anymore! Orange County is a pretty good place to stay busy on your own. There's a lot to see and a lot to do. Check out the tide pools or some of the art galleries in Laguna Beach, take a scenic drive down PCH, check out the little market on Main Street in Huntington Beach on the weekend (do they still do that?), or, as suggested upthread, head to Disneyland one Sunday for a MiceChat meet. You're bound to have a good time and maybe even make some new friends.

Look at this as an opportunity for you to start a new life, in an awesome place.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• I'm wishing

So sorry to hear that you are having a difficult time so far from the comforts of "home".

I live in Irvine as well, and went through a really difficult break up after a 9 year relationship last April. I agree with those above, do fun things, meet new people, and keep busy. BUT, I have found that you can keep too busy and not take the time to feel the sadness and move through and past it. I also agree music is great, listen to all those songs that make you feel strong and also spend some time listening to songs that let you cry it out.

Come out to a Sunday noon MC meet, it's a fun way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Also, I joined Total Woman gym in Irvine and I really found it helped me to have somewhere to go that was good for me when I just needed to get out of the house and had nowhere to go. I think they are running some specials for about $10/week. Also, it's a great place to put on that music that makes you feel strong!!

Best of luck to you, you are definitely not alone.

Julie

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl View Post
    While it sucks that your boyfriend dumped you, look at it as a blessing. You're not stuck with him anymore! Orange County is a pretty good place to stay busy on your own. There's a lot to see and a lot to do. Check out the tide pools or some of the art galleries in Laguna Beach, take a scenic drive down PCH, check out the little market on Main Street in Huntington Beach on the weekend (do they still do that?), or, as suggested upthread, head to Disneyland one Sunday for a MiceChat meet. You're bound to have a good time and maybe even make some new friends.

Look at this as an opportunity for you to start a new life, in an awesome place.
    To add to the Laguna Beach lovin' there's a great knitting shop there that has (or used to have. I'm assuming they still have it) knitting classes that are fun and you meet a lot of people. Meeting people, learning new things... Good luck!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I moved to L.A. not knowing anyone either... and thanks to the MC meets I made tons of friends! (And now I am in NY with the same dilemma and no Disneyland lol). But that is a good way to meet people with the same interests as you
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Ultimate Margarita Time!

My girlfriend and I are always visiting the park, you could hang out with us if you would like. We have tons of friends that hang out at the park and would love to have you hang out as well...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast