RIP Alexander McQueen

Since this is the girls forum. I thought I would post here. One of my favorite designers Alexander McQueen died today. He was only 40 years old. It looks like it was a suicide from what I have been reading. Even though I love his stuff. I only have 1 purse from him, that my wonderful husband bought me. I don't have anything else, because all the other stuff I like is so expense.

• Queen of Sarcasm

Re: RIP Alexander McQueen

I read about that earlier. They say it appears as if he hung himself. I don't know how true that is though.

• Mrs. J. Depp

So sad

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• formerly PretzelSouls!

How sad! Rest in peace.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

He'll be missed. I loved his clothing on Lady Gaga <3 Most of the clothing in her Bad Romance music video was made by him.

I read an article online that sales of his brand rose 1400% in high end stores the day after his death. I decided to buy a purse. His stores were closed for two days you could only get thing at high end department stores that carried his line. So finally on Saturday I called one of the stores and what I wanted isn't going to be in for a few weeks. They said to call back, because the store was so packed, they are not talking lists for things for a couple weeks after things calmed down.

• ....whatever....

He is/was one of my favorites. I have to admit I went to Saks this weekend to look at his stuff and splurge on an item but they were sold out! I do have a skull scarf from about 5 years ago that I already cherish. Maybe I'll go they handbag route like The Red Head. Please post what you decided on.

You asked me to tell you what I decided. The things I really wanted hadn't come out yet, because they were part of the spring collection that is coming out in March. Well my birthday was last week, and my wonderful husband bought me a purse. It is the Faith Glove Clutch in red. It is so me. So he made the decision for me, and it was a great decision.

• ....whatever....

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Head View Post
    You asked me to tell you what I decided. The things I really wanted hadn't come out yet, because they were part of the spring collection that is coming out in March. Well my birthday was last week, and my wonderful husband bought me a purse. It is the Faith Glove Clutch in red. It is so me. So he made the decision for me, and it was a great decision.
    Love that purse! Good job-Mr. Red Head. Happy belated birthday-sounds like it was a good one.