Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair Trouble!

• Empress of Randomness

Hair Trouble!

Hi Girls!

I am wondering has anyone had the same problem as I have now.

I have lovely longish hair, people always comment on how healthy and shiney it looks. I've been asked a few times what hair colour I use, but I don't dye my hair and i never have...

Lately my hair hasnt been washing right. I shampoo and condition as normal but while in the shower it feels like I have a build-up on the crown of my head. After I do my final rinse my hair doesn't feel smooth and soft like it usually does. When I am drying my hair it is as if I have put a product into it before hand.

I have taken care to rinse my hair completely in the shower but I am finding that my hair just wont clean! When I dry it it looks greasy straight away.

Has anybody ever had this probelm?

Also has anybody ever used vinegar in their hair? I am contemplting trying this!

Disneyland: 1998, 2005

Disneyland Paris: 1992, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

• M's mommy

Re: Hair Trouble!

Quote Originally Posted by Laura678 View Post
    Also has anybody ever used vinegar in their hair? I am contemplting trying this!
    I have used vinegar....but only for dandruff......BUT if you use vinegar...please make sure you put it in a spray bottle....I tried just pouring some on and it will burn your face....and etc.

I had a lot of hair issues during my pregnancy last year.....and this really helped me.

If you want to try maybe blended avocado and mayo that might also help. it will make your hair super greasy at first. But after a few washes it will be really nice.

Other than that I found a build up remover shampoo at Jcpenney's. I dont remember the name but you might want to go and see. It was maybe like 7 bucks.

I hope that helps.....I unfortunately need help with my hair......I permed it and NOW I HATE IT!!!

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Neutrogena makes a nice shampoo for deep cleaning. It's called Clean Volume.

I would shampoo with this followed by the avocado/mayo regiment.
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Try using a shampoo/conditioner made to remove daily product buildup.

• Empress of Randomness

I am going to get a special shampoo tomorrow... I thought that maybe some of you had some home-recipe's! I tried baking soda earlier on and it helped a bit. When i dried my hair however there was still a build up... I had to put talcom powder in my hair to soak up the build up! It is awful ha. Hopefully tomorrow I can get a better shampoo!
    Thanks!

Disneyland Paris: 1992, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Wash your hair with baking soda and your normal shampoo and it should take off the build up. My best friend is a cosmetologist and we were just talking about product build up in hair the other day and she suggested that to me, I just haven't done it yet.

• Empress of Randomness

Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    Wash your hair with baking soda and your normal shampoo and it should take off the build up. My best friend is a cosmetologist and we were just talking about product build up in hair the other day and she suggested that to me, I just haven't done it yet.

I tried just the baking soda earlier on and it helped a bit. In the morning I will wash again with baking soda and shampoo. It helped a little bit earlier on. Perhaps a second day will do the trick!

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

oh well for shampoo i was think herbal essence drama clean. i haven't tried it though but i enjoy most of their hair products (except color me happy, it leaves my hair frizzy and all over the place)
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Laura678 View Post
    I tried just the baking soda earlier on and it helped a bit. In the morning I will wash again with baking soda and shampoo. It helped a little bit earlier on. Perhaps a second day will do the trick!

That or use more baking soda........maybe it depends on the amount of build up you may have??? Glad it's worked so far.

It probably also depends on the thickness/fineness of your hair.

• Mrs. J. Depp

I was actually going to suggest the vinegar or apple cider vinegar (which smells like feet, but is amazing). Do you wash your hair every day? This could be the problem. Also if you use the same shampoo for too long, it starts to create buildup.

1. Basic Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse
    2. Step 1
      Make the rinse by mixing 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar with one quart of distilled water. Put the mixture in a glass jar or plastic bottle and bring it into the shower or bath.
    3. Step 2
      Shampoo hair and rinse well. Apply the apple cider vinegar rinse to your hair. Leave in for a few seconds. Rinse using cold water to seal the hair shaft and create more shine. Since vinegar is acidic, using the rinse daily is not advised. Try it once a week, at most. Pay attention to how your hair responds and adjust usage accordingly. Also, you don't need to condition hair after the rinse.
    4. Step 3
      If you notice a vinegar scent after you're done rinsing, don't fret. The smell will disappear after you towel dry your hair.

I got this from Ehow.com. Hope this helps!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Empress of Randomness

Yep I wash my hair every day as I have dark brown hair and grease show up easily...I read online about using vinegar too. I boiled vinegar with water and some rosemary and tried that too.. To be honest I didnt notice any difference.... Thanks though...

However the bread soda seems to have done the trick! I'll never forget that little trick! I also have switched shampoo so will stick with this one fo a while...

Sephora has a selection of dry shampoos you might want to check out.

Sephora: Beauty, Skin Care, Makeup, Hair, & Fragrance

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

i've found that switching brand of shampoo/conditioner after each bottle works well for reducing any buildup i was having in the past

so when one bottle starts to run low i juts buy a diff brand
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Empress of Randomness

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Sephora has a selection of dry shampoos you might want to check out.

Sephora: Beauty, Skin Care, Makeup, Hair, & Fragrance
    Unfirtunately the closest Sephora to me is in Paris!

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    i've found that switching brand of shampoo/conditioner after each bottle works well for reducing any buildup i was having in the past

so when one bottle starts to run low i juts buy a diff brand
    Yep i think i will do this for a while too... Doing the shopping today so will pick of something different!

Thanks all..!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast