Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Disgruntled Former CM

Re: Breast Milk Cheese?!

All "milk" comes from a lactating mammal's teat.

Therefore, all dairy products are derived from a mammal: cow, goat, buffalo, yak, elephant, etc. Many people cannot 'stomach' dairy products because they cannot get the thought of the 'host' lactator out of their minds ("milk is fine, but giraffe milk is just GROSS!").

What exactly are we objecting to here? All cheese is derived from "breast milk" - of one species or another. No one wants to partake of the same nourishment that we all had as babies?

(My mother was not a soybean, so I know what I was drinking for the first year or so...)
    "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...

• phbbbbbt

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I really wouldn't have a problem with it. All the stuff it has to go through to become cheese, I'm sure it's safe. I think we're all just a little uptight.
    I'm with you. But probably because I'm nursing baby #3, who is about to turn two years old, and she'll wean when she's ready. And I don't drink milk, it's gross. Don't eat much cheese either. I do like a good steak!
    xo, Deanna

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

eww eww eww eww

EWWWW!!!!

• Pumpkin Dragon

This idea is screwed up, Whoever suggested this is a Yahoo, a complete yahoo.

Cows are meant to be eated as food! I prefer my milk from a cow, thank you very much.
    Last edited by FantasmicDragon; 03-12-2010 at 08:15 PM.
    STOP CHEWING MY SHOELACES! D:

Ahh! The project is on fire! D:
    This fire has delayed our signature redesigning, Excuse the smoke...and the burnt pixie dust...
    I SUPPORT THE RETURN OF THE HATBOX GHOST!

• Circle of Ancients

I'd try it. Not that I want breast milk persay but I bet it's a great quality cheese with a sweeter flavor. And is it really more disgusting than milk coming from a filthy, steroid pumped cow's teet?

Do you wanna be our guinea pig and tell us if it's good or not?

Quote Originally Posted by leopardchucks View Post
    I was breast fed as a child. I breast fed my son.

I'll bet it tastes sweeter than most cheeses.

I'd probably be grossed out to eat some booby cheese from the bosom of a stranger, but if I could make it myself I might be tempted to try it.

Hormone-treated, pus-filled cattle milk is far more revolting that some human boob juice.

I'm no vegan, but cow milk totally grosses me out.
    I also breast fed my four children. Let me emphasize MY four children. And they were infants at the time. Why on earth would some woman want to be giving her breast milk away to make cheese for adults who are not related to her ?

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    From a woman's point of view, this just sounds painful. I don't want to be "milked" for the sake of cheese and/or other dairy products.
    Me neither!

I really wouldn't have a problem with it. All the stuff it has to go through to become cheese, I'm sure it's safe. I think we're all just a little uptight.
    You're right. It's probably safe. Doesn't mean I want it.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilQueen View Post
    What exactly are we objecting to here? All cheese is derived from "breast milk" - of one species or another. No one wants to partake of the same nourishment that we all had as babies?

(My mother was not a soybean, so I know what I was drinking for the first year or so...)
    Oh . I'm sure there are probably some people out there who will want to partake of it. I'm just not one of them. Breast milk coming from my mother when I was a baby was enough for me.

I'll try any other kind of milk or cheese made from milk of an animal though.
    Last edited by Princess Buttercup; 03-13-2010 at 09:43 AM.

Don't need to keep the cows constantly pregnant- just need to keep milking her and she'll produce milk for a long time.

I still think it's an interesting idea- human cheese. Huh. Wonder how long a woman can produce milk?
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Disgruntled Former CM

Cool Re: Breast Milk Cheese?!

Quote Originally Posted by FantasmicDragon View Post

Cows are meant to be eated (sic) as food! I prefer my milk from a cow, thank you very much.
    Did you ever ask a cow how she felt about this?

And yet, there are cultures that feel that a cow is sacred, and provides more worth (and food; considering the large amount a milk, and dairy products that can be derived from milk) as a living creature, rather than as a steak or hamburger.

Just another view from another human.
    "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

I asked a cow if she objected to being slaughtered for beef and she offered no objection.
    Fight On! Beat the Beavers!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• phbbbbbt

I'd try it, now that I've thought about it. I think aashee & EvilQueen are right, that people are just skeeved out because it's not a cow. What makes cow's milk okay? Goat's milk? But milk from a different animal/mammal is not okay? How do you draw that line, how do you decide that one animal is okay, but not another? What if you're starving, do you think that would change your mind?

I pumped until my son was 18 months, I worked two and then four days a week. It was really no big deal, but I had a good quality pump. And I nursed the first two kids long past infancy, probably will with this baby too. I'd totally donate milk if I were a big producer. If there were no need to donate, but selling was an option (legally speaking), I'd probably do that too.

• Infinitized!

I saw this in the news yesterday and the first thing that came to mind... Borat must be behind this.

• M's mommy

I am not a cheese person, and when I am I am very picky. But I think that her milk is probably sweeter and healthier than most animals. But I wouldnt try it. But again not because its gross....just because I barely eat any cheese and when I do its sharp or mozzarella.

• Hooterville, USA

Bring it on! C'mon, we've all done worse things than try some new kind of cheese. Sushi? Tongue wrestling? Sex?

Breast milk cheese would be easy to do.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Since cheese is made from milk, and milk comes from nipples, and nipples are attached to breasts.. can't all cheeses be concidered breast milk cheese?

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    Don't need to keep the cows constantly pregnant- just need to keep milking her and she'll produce milk for a long time.

I still think it's an interesting idea- human cheese. Huh. Wonder how long a woman can produce milk?
    It's no different for a woman. She will continue to produce the milk as long as the demand is there. That is part of the reason why women have to make sure they feed their baby every few hours, not only cuz the baby is hungry but also to keep up with demand to keep producing the milk otherwise she'll dry up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123