Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Go PDF! www.txrd.com

Exclamation Abercrombie 'girlcott'--who's with me?

Abercrombie and Fitch "girlcott"--who's with me?

I"m frankly not surprised A&F is in trouble again. I remember their little problem from a few years ago with the "Chinese Laundry" shirts that said "Two Wongs can Make it White" as well as last year (I think it was last year..could've been the year before)'s ad campaign that featured a scantily clad young man who modeled their underwear in front of their store on the Black Friday sales day.
    Their catalogs often show more skin than clothing and I find their choosing to sell thongs for tween girls a questionable choice.

So I'm going to join in this 'girlcott' and encourage others women not to shop at Abercrombie. Hit 'em where it hurts..in the sales aisle.

If somebody wants me to make up a girlcott graphic I can. Let me know.

*ETA--these are the shirts that we are protesting against.
    1.Blondes are Adored....

2.Tough go blonde....
    3.College..never awake...

4.Anatomy Tutor

5.Good head

6.Strong Sexual Content..
    7.DCups...

8.Blow..pop
    9.Spoon..****

10.Horse..bits
    11.Island of..women..
    12.Your Mama...

TOV
    Last edited by TheOtherVillainess; 11-01-2005 at 02:16 PM.

Hit 'em where it hurts..right in the sales aisle.Help support the 'girl-cotting' of A&F. Pass the word..tell your mom,your sister,your wife and girlfriends.Show your support for women everywhere by supporting the girl-cotting of Abercrombie.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Re: Abercrombie 'girlcott'--who's with me?

I wish there were more examples of the offensive t-shirts. The one example they gave was nothing to get in a twist about IMO.

I can't girlcott A&F anyway.... they don't make clothes in my size.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Go PDF! www.txrd.com

I never was a big fan of their clothes..too expensive for my personal taste. But this..well..now they're just going too damn far!

TOV

Hit 'em where it hurts..right in the sales aisle.Help support the 'girl-cotting' of A&F. Pass the word..tell your mom,your sister,your wife and girlfriends.Show your support for women everywhere by supporting the girl-cotting of Abercrombie.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I never shop A&F- way too expensive for a t-shirt IMO
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• R.I.P. Mandy

Never shopped there, so you don't have to worry about me supporting them.
    Introducing- The Geek Tutorial! The new informational webseries on computers and the geekiness of life.

Screw eHarmony- I met my soulmate at Star Trek: The Experience.

Random funny exchange from Star Trek: The Experience:

BF: "If you take any photos on the attraction, we will shoot you with a phaser."
    Guest: "On stun?"
    BF: "Maybe....."
    Me: "I wouldn't trust him."

• Go PDF! www.txrd.com

Thanks for the support,ya'll.

I personally never shop their either, but my brother does and he insists that we get him a gift card from there every Christmas. I'm not buying him one this year.

TOV

• I'm your huckleberry.

I dunno, some of those t-shirts are kinda funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Go PDF! www.txrd.com

I'm glad you find offending women funny. I don't.

TOV

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Do you also plan to boycott stores like Spencers? A lot of stores sell shirts like that- why should Abercrombie not?

And I also find many of them funny. But I have never bought a single item there, so boycotting won't be necessary for me.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• /sigh

Never shop there either. I hate trends.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Incognito

Blog Entries

How is "When the going gets tough the tough go blonde" offensive to women? I'd think it'd be more offensive to brunettes!

What about t-shirts that little girls seem to wear all over the place that say things like "Boys are dumb"? Or "I'm smarter than your son"? Talk about giving little boys a complex!

• oh bugger

The shirt that "College: never really awake, never really asleep" doesn't seem offensive at all, especially if you've been to college, it pretty much sums it up.

I remember going into American Eagle with my mom (yes with my mom) and she saw a shirt that said "camping morning wood" and thought it was dumb and set it back down... I was embarassed because I don't think she got the sexual reference, and it was just embarassing to be in a store with those kind of messages scrawled acorss shirts.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Are these shirts sold in the stores, or only avaiable online? If they are sold in stores, are they ALL sold in stores? Because I do think some- not all- of those are inappropriate to be sold to young teens.

But like I said- walk in to any Spencers or Hot Topic or other store that sells things worse than that and you'll see 15 or so tweens giggling over them. I don't know why Abercrombie is worse?
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• pixie cutie

Hurray! I support your girl/boycott. I dislike Abercrombie & Finch.
    The t-shirts are racist and sexist. The clothing is inappropriate for children.
    And their billboards cater to pedophiles. Photographs of " crotch shots" in
    their billboards and catalogs which are sexually suggestive to tweens and teens. Spend your money elsewhere.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast