Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disappearing/Reappearing

"wet set" curlers?

Has anyone tried these? I use hot rollers all the time...but, since I get up SO early in the morning, it would be great if all I had to do was put them in before bed, take them out when I wake up...and have curly hair.

Any tips for using them?

These are the ones I'm looking at...
    Olivia Garden - Nite Curl 21-Piece Travel Kit

The information says they are soft enough to sleep in. The price is low enough that it's worth a try...but, I don't know if my hair is too long for them. It's layered. The longest layer is almost to the middle of my back.

Would my hair dry completely with it being so long? Should I dry it a little before putting them in?

Thank guys!

• Senior Minion

Re: "wet set" curlers?

When i was younger, I would sleep in foam curlers sometimes. Didn't bug me much. I would just spray the strand I was working with with water, put the tissue paper on, then wrap the curler up. But they did have a bar inside the foam and a snap at the end.

They might feel a bit weird to sleep in at first, but then again, the last time I used them was about 15 years ago.

I would love to do that with my hair now so do let me know if you get them and how you like them.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Thanks SO much! I was looking at the foam ones...but, the sales lady said the clasps don't work very well on them.

I don't know which ones to try....hmmmm

• Disneymom

It might be a good idea to invest in a perm. That way it will be curly all the time. I've used the foam curlers over night and my hair was to curly.

thanks, that's an idea.

But, I don't wear it curly all the time. My hair is slightly wavy, so I can put a little gel in it and have those "surfers waves" or blowdry it and it'll be straight. But, sometimes, I just don't feel like messing with it. So, if I go to bed with it wet, when I wake up, it's a mess! LOL. Thats when I throw in the hot curlers and usually pull it up into a style.

I thought the foam curlers would be a good alternative. I think I'll get some this afternoon and try it tonight!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Here's an idea... don't go to bed with a wet head. That would drive me nuts, plus my pillow would be a sopping wet mess all night. Ick.

My hair is naturally straight, but if I want curls, I just use a curling iron. yeah a bit old school but it works for me.

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    thanks, that's an idea.

But, I don't wear it curly all the time. My hair is slightly wavy, so I can put a little gel in it and have those "surfers waves" or blowdry it and it'll be straight. But, sometimes, I just don't feel like messing with it. So, if I go to bed with it wet, when I wake up, it's a mess! LOL. Thats when I throw in the hot curlers and usually pull it up into a style.

I thought the foam curlers would be a good alternative. I think I'll get some this afternoon and try it tonight!
    this is like exactly what i do with my hair! and yes i have just bought foam curlers, and they work pretty well
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Here's an idea... don't go to bed with a wet head. That would drive me nuts, plus my pillow would be a sopping wet mess all night. Ick.
    LOL. I don't mind sleeping with wet hair...I do it all the time. I wrap it up in a towel while I finish getting ready for bed... That way, it's only just damp. My hair takes forever to dry....so, sometimes, it'll still be damp when I get up in the morning. No wet pillow. LOL

The only problem is...the way it looks when I wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by GummiBears_Rock View Post
    this is like exactly what i do with my hair! and yes i have just bought foam curlers, and they work pretty well
    I did try it last night. After I took the towel off my hair, I combed it, and put gel in it. Then, I wrapped it in the curlers.

It wasn't too bad sleeping...although, its not something I'd want to do every day.

When I woke up, I used the blow dryer and went over each one to make sure they were dry. Then, I took them down, and picked through them. It turned out REALLY well. All I had to do was pull it up with a headband..and it looked great. I've gotten SO many compliments this morning!

I'll definately do it again....but, not every day. And it'll be a great alternative to lugging my hot rollers on vacation.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post

My hair is naturally straight, but if I want curls, I just use a curling iron. yeah a bit old school but it works for me.
    I would, but curls don't hold in my hair anymore. I can use a curling iron and hairspray or even gel before curling it and 10 minutes later, it's almost back to straight.
    And don't even get me started on a perm...i've had a few bad ones....never again...
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

yeah, the last one I had was about 7 years ago....never again. It was SO bad.

• Waiting Since 1992

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    Has anyone tried these? I use hot rollers all the time...but, since I get up SO early in the morning, it would be great if all I had to do was put them in before bed, take them out when I wake up...and have curly hair.

Any tips for using them?

These are the ones I'm looking at...
    Olivia Garden - Nite Curl 21-Piece Travel Kit

The information says they are soft enough to sleep in. The price is low enough that it's worth a try...but, I don't know if my hair is too long for them. It's layered. The longest layer is almost to the middle of my back.

Would my hair dry completely with it being so long? Should I dry it a little before putting them in?

Thank guys!
    I wish I had some advice, but I don't! However, since you are a pro at wearing curlers, I have a question. I have thick, kind of wavy hair right below shoulder length. What rollers should I use? I want to style my hair sometimes and get that bouncy look, but I have no clue where to start. I don't wat to derail the thread, just thought I could ask you directly.

Hmmm....if your hair is already wavy, maybe you won't have to roll all of it. You might be able to get away with just a few medium size rollers in various spots. That way, you could mix your waves with a few curls.

Or, if you want BIG curls with a few curlier curls, use the big rollers for the majority of the hair, and add in a few medium ones where you want the curls.

Just take bigger sections, and roll each section around a curler. Let them cool, take them down, and don't touch them! Let them set for about 10 mins. Then, style how ever you want.

I do this sometimes...this morning, in fact. When I want bigger curls. I don't use product, I just use bigger sections, and the two bigger roller sizes in my set. I end up with huge waves and a few big curls. Then, I finish with hair spray.

• Waiting Since 1992

Great! And you are referring to hot rollers, right?

yeah. You'll see lots of different sets once you start looking. Mine has three sizes. But, they have them in one size, and two.

• Mrs. J. Depp

I would love to try this, but my only gripe with the foam rollers is that they make my hair into ringlets, which makes me look like Shirley Temple. I used to use the foam rollers when i was in cheerleading. I want the kind of curls achieved with a 1 1/2" barrel curling iron. But how can I do that with foam?

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast