Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• I'm your huckleberry.

Re: Parent Teacher Conference Day!

Way to go Dmom!!!!! You must be so proud!

I have a parent-teacher conference this afternoon. I'm mainly excited because I get to leave work 2 hours early!!!! Well that and I love to hear other people tell me how great my kidlet is!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Circle of Ancients

Had our son's conference on Monday.

More good news.

The only thing that was questionable is his writing. Not that he can't, it's just not very neat. He get's that from his father ... oh wait. CRAP!!!

He's in 2nd grade and reading at a high 3rd grade level which is good.

• Just Me

I went to The Boy's confo 2 weeks ago. I have decided that she does not have my son in her class...that somewhere between our house and his classroom he is taken over by a pod person. He works quietly by himself and almost never disrupts the class. This is the opposite of every other conf I have had (he is in the 3rd grade). His only grade below a B is spelling (C-) and I know he gets that one from his dad. He has an A+ in math, also from his dad.

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

D-mom, I think our schools are on the exact same schedule. I just had conferences yesterday for kids # 2 and 3.

6th grader smallgirl did well with a few A's, a couple B's.........................

.........and a C+ In math.

This is a new letter in our house. She just didn't "get it". However, her teacher showed me that she's been doing much better since the trimester's end. The teacher also went on to praise her behavior; she got perfect marks in Citizenship. Just went on and on about what a responsible, well-behaved, prepared, bright student she is. I just love that.

Littlemanifer is in 2nd grade. He earned all A's and B's. He EXCELLS in math (there's your stereotypical boy/girl differences right there ) and also received lots of praise for excellent behavior. He's such a sweetheart.

The one thing my kiddos have always received low marks for is penmanship/neat work. This is SOOO hereditary and therefore NOT FAIR. They get bad hadwriting genes from both mom AND dad...how can they be judged this way????

I'm totally kidding.

But their writing DOES suck.
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey Girl
    I went to The Boy's confo 2 weeks ago. I have decided that she does not have my son in her class...that somewhere between our house and his classroom he is taken over by a pod person. He works quietly by himself and almost never disrupts the class.
    I pray for this to happen with my youngest son when he starts Kinder next year.
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

• Just Me

Quote Originally Posted by Jennidisneyfer
    I pray for this to happen with my youngest son when he starts Kinder next year.
    In Kinder he was ok. He had normal little boy issues, but nothing major.

In 1st grade the teacher pretty much lost him. She had a firm set of rules at the beginning of the year. As the school year progressed the rules were left behind. This was also the "Casey" year. He had serious issues with a kid named Casey. Casey has a LOT of problems. Boy knew to stay away from him, but Casey would seek him out. Boy ended up with a major bite on his upper arm (bicep area) from Casey. It was bad enough to break skin and be a serious bruise 3 days later when my mom took a pic of it. The grandmother then got im MY face over it. Casey is still in the same school, but he is in special classes for kids with behavior problems (and according to Boy he is still biting).

Last year he had the only make 2nd grade teacher. He had the opposite problem as the year before. This time there was too much discipline. He rebelled against it.

Whatever is going on this year is a cross between Boy growing up and his teacher maintaining a good balance. It also doesn't hurt that she is young & blonde...I think Boy has a minor crush on his teacher.

• Circle of Ancients

Isn't it hilarious to get all of these reports of good behaviour in school???

I mean, our kids don't mis-behave but certainly aren't the quiet mices they portray themselves to be in school.

I guess that's a good thing though.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    Isn't it hilarious to get all of these reports of good behaviour in school???

I mean, our kids don't mis-behave but certainly aren't the quiet mices they portray themselves to be in school.

I guess that's a good thing though.
    Totally! I mean Shawn's not a bad kid by any means but he's not the quiet, responisble perfectionist that apparently he is at school, go figure! But I'm happy

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Man O Lantern

We have Chloe's conference today.....hope it goes well. I love that my four year old's preschool conferences are the only ones I get nervous about. She's so unpredictable and funny and weird and horrible sometimes. But at school, she's usually really good. Usually.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

I have always been impressed (to date, since my kiddo is in college) when folks come up to me and tell me how well behaved, polite and well mannered my son is. He certainly isn't that way at home. Guess he understands when to turn it on!

• Banned User

daughter is awsome, well liked and a social butterfly.........
    now for the problem...... she is a social butterfly and wants to help anyone and all but her self.She also loves to write and pass notes, and well the boys will not leave her alone and she is " a social butterfly"
    She went from straight A's honor roll, the gold to well b's and c's. why??? She is a social butteryfly and thinks she needs to direct everyone else in the ways of the classs and not do her own work.... what would I change he says......... I would try to talk her into letting me be teacher, and her be student. LOL! ok, so I will talk to her, bout her grades? She can do much better, but until she stops being a social butterfy........ ok, ok, I will talk to her. then he says..... She is a wonderful child, well liked and popular. OYE you mean I have a " popular child" yep, shes popular OH boy I can live thru her since I was not in the popular crowd

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12