Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Parent Teacher Conference Day!

Be prepared for Shameless MOmmy Bragging!!!

Today was conferences for both boys and they got their report cards.

Shawn is still in the checks and minus's type of report cards. He got
    6 Checks, which are "satisfactory/at grade level"
    1 Check+ which is "very good achievement"
    All his subcategories were excellent or satisfactory.
    He's gone up one level in reading and he knew half of his 100 sight words(he knew 20 going into 1st grade)
    This is the same kid who's Kindergarten teacher told me that he wouldn't make it in first grade without ADD meds and wouldn't progress in Reading without the meds. We've both come to the conclusion that the spelling issues he's have(oral spelling tests)are due to speech, he knows the words and can do them one on one with drawn out ennunciation but when it comes to the test he still has some issues. We need to work on vowel sound blends and his letters, which he still tends to right backwards sometimes. Overall, I'm estatic with his progress

Kyler got his first ever Letter Grade Report card today! His teachers said that if all the kids in the class were Kyler, she'd be Heaven He got
    4 A's
    3 A+'s
    and every subcategory was excellent. We discussed his past and some present social issues and she's going to keep an eye out for any social issues this year.

I'm very happy with both teachers, I really really LIke Kyler's(and I seduced her with Sephora she's hit the website and is planning her first shopping spree because of my Vanille Abricot perfume) Both boys are doing wonderful under these teachers and this makes moving all worth it.

Anyone else have Conferences this week? Coming up? Just passed?
    Last edited by dsnylndmom; 11-03-2005 at 03:26 PM.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Re: Parent Teacher Conference Day!

Yay!

Flashing back to those days, UGH! I always hated them because that meant my teacher was talking to my parents - eeeek!

Usually they were always at semester report cards which were in December before xmas vacation and in May before school was over. I remember my folks always went around 6:30-7pm and I'd go with them and sit in the car waiting to hear the news (which was usually the same, Matt can do better, he plays well with others but doesn't seem to have fun in his learning, blah blah blah) or talk to other friends waiting too.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Way to go Shawn and Kyler! D-mom you definetly earned the right to brag.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Parent Teacher Conferences were like soooo last week in our house.

Brian is doing very well. His math grade is one of the only A+s in his class. He got two Bs in language arts. He is doing well in every other category. His teacher was impressed with how he works with his classmates. He needs to work on his talking in the classroom, which is something we have to work on at home too.

Ali has surpassed Brian's Kindergarten report card. She excels in every category, know her alphabet, colors, letter sounds, can count to 49 without messing up. She is still working on getting settled during direct instruction, but the teachers adore her. The one thing they did not test her for was sight words, of which she already has at least a couple dozen.

Nathan an I are both very proud of our two students.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Circle of Ancients

I had our Daughters yesterday. All A's and 1 B+.

The only thing she needs to work on is her revision of work. But her teacher said that her first drafts of stories are so good she's not sure of how she can make them better.

I guess she will just have to make the first draft suck.

We have our Son's on Monday.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

How exciting! I can't wait for my little one to start school so we can do all this fun stuff. He is already so unique and so smart, I just can't wait to see what kind of student he becomes. He is going to both super impress his teachers and drive them crazy cause he'll never shut up- that I already know!
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

You already know about our conferences and issues and whatnot but YAAAY for the boys! Tell them both I said "Great job, guys!!" and then go buy them something pretty

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    — Mark Twain

• Waiting for the stork

we have another week to go, then It'll be time for T's 1st Grade PT confrence... I usualy enjoy them... I like to hear nice things about my kids...(but I totaly dreaded when my parents would go to mine...never a good thing, "Heather has strong leadership qualities" - Traslation."she's very bossy" and other such comments...)

However I have not heard anything about K's PT conferences do they do them in middle school in CA? i'm not sure?

and D-mom you have every right to be proud...smile big today mommy, you earned it
    procrastibating

• Lights on Nobody Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
    we have another week to go, then It'll be time for T's 1st Grade PT confrence... I usualy enjoy them... I like to hear nice things about my kids...(but I totaly dreaded when my parents would go to mine...never a good thing, "Heather has strong leadership qualities" - Traslation."she's very bossy" and other such comments...)

However I have not heard anything about K's PT conferences do they do them in middle school in CA? i'm not sure?

and D-mom you have every right to be proud...smile big today mommy, you earned it
    Wow! Sounds like they are all doing well. We haven't had one due to the strike I guess it hasn't been long enough. DS does like his teacher this year though and I have found he likes the stern ones. I did however check his journal and found he likes to overstate things that happened. Congats to all and keep up the good parenting. It is tough but they all learn at different rates and have their individual successes! for the hard working kids!

• most magical vaca ever

So nice to hear moms boasting about their kiddies!

Our report cards come home next week, my daughter doesn't get number grades yet but my son does. He's made honors all but 3 marking periods in the last 4 years My daughter is little miss smarty pants too and her teachers are always telling me that she is so advanced for her age Chip off the ol' block

Congrats to all our hard working children- Our future leaders, May they do a better job than the leaders we have today
    ~~~~~~

• Pucker Up, Sweetie!

We had ours two weeks ago...and report cards come out this week!

Bailey made A/B Honor roll...and his teacher says he's doing great! He's very smart and has such a sweet personality. Totally adorable and always a helper!

Kat is a mini-prodigy in the making! She's heading for GT testing in a few weeks...and has allready surpassed her class in math and reading...She's reading 7th grade level...in 3rd grade. She's naturally smart..never studies...scares me to think what would happen if she did!
    And is the perfectly behaved student to make it worse!

Kinda makes me want to puke!!!!!

• All you need is LOVE

Good grades Congrats to both

• Man O Lantern

WTG, smart MiceChat kids!!

We have Chloe's this week.....makes me a little nervous. She's been acting up a little this year already. Went from model student last year, to clingy turd this year. She's so four going on five. That age is so hard!!

Cassidy and Courtney are the following week. Those should be awesome! I'm so proud of them. Cassidy just finished reading HP and the Goblet of Fire and is on chapter 8 of Order of the Phoenix. She's the first second grader that we know of to be reading the HP books! So smart! Courtney....well she's just an obnoxious brainiac with her first male teacher. I'm sure she annoys him. He's a total jock and has a son in her grade that she's not very nice to, cause..... he's a total jerk. Teacher seems to really like her though. I conferences!

my mom doesnt get to do parent teacher conferences. im the youngest and am in high school. my mom didnt do parent teacher conference when we were younger though cuz she was a teacher at the elementary school i went to and she would get to talk to my teachers like all year since she was friends with them. imagine getting to tell people that all the teachers at your elementary school have known you since you were born......and telling them you had your mom for a teacher for one of your classes. lol the reactions i usually get the "woah i wouldnt want my mom as a teacher that would suck" lol i didnt mind it though. but since we are talking about grades, i guess i can say mine!!! i have 3 A's (yay) and i am very very happy to say i have an 88 in Honors Geometry because that class is really hard. i hate proofs, postulates, theorems,etc. they are icky lol

disneyland with band november 2005

"Look!(shoots monkey)An undead monkey!" -jack sparrow

• keep moving forward...

thankyou!!!... the title of your thread reminded me to be extra nice to my teachers this week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast