Exclamation The MiceChat Weight Loss Challenge!!

I saw a post that got me thinking..most women want to lose weight, but there are a plethora of reasons which prove difficult to shed the pounds. Why don't we make it fun? I actually msg'ed a member on here asking her to do this with me, but I figured..why not make this open to everyone? It's a great and healthy way to lose weight, and make new friends in the process.

Let's start a buddy/group effort towards the women and men on MiceChat that want to lose a few!We can all declare our weights, set a goal, and start eating healthy (my diet of choice=South Beach), and email/post to each other what we've eaten..if we slipped..then once a week we can weight in to measure our progress. It gives you 1) accountability 2) realistic, and HEALTHY weight loss, and 3) we get to be social, and chat Disney in the mean time! Best of all..we all would support each other in our efforts, and would ALWAYS think kind, nice thoughts of each other..best of all..no critique of each other (unless constructive, and said in the nicest way possible)!

It would pretty much be our own mini-disney version of The Biggest Loser! Maybe we could set a time-line..6 months? At the end of that, we could hopefully all have a meet and celebrate our new found healthy bodies.

I am 100% serious with this; throw out ideas, and give me your thoughts!
    Next DL trip is in 2 WEEKS!!!!!

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Re: The MiceChat Weight Loss Challenge!!

RadioBarry started a "lose 55 for the 55th" support thread a few months back.

I failed. I am full of fail. (hey that's why I'm overweight..it's all the fail!)

It's a good idea, but getting women to disclose their weight...that's tricky

Quote Originally Posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
    RadioBarry started a "lose 55 for the 55th" support thread a few months back.

I failed. I am full of fail. (hey that's why I'm overweight..it's all the fail!)

It's a good idea, but getting women to disclose their weight...that's tricky

The beauty of that is we don't know each other (well..most of us don't at least)! By the time we would see each other, we'd all have our goal weights

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Some of us have met others. And you know...even if we haven't, we're still women and we'd rather gnaw off our own eyebrows than broadcast our true weight.
    But I understand what you're saying, and I do like it.

Some of us have met others. And you know...even if we haven't, we're still women and we'd rather gnaw off our own eyebrows than broadcast our true weight.
    I totally see your logic Ugh..why couldn't I of gotten the "skinny gene"? it's such a bummer weight can be such an issue sometimes..I'm nowhere near obese, fat or any other nasty words..but I do need to lose a few. I would be happy losing 25. I'm at the point where I'm realizing "this is YOUR life. YOU have gained weight, YOU can LOSE the weight"..I'm pretty motivated now, probably more then I ever have been.

It really doesn't help that the media portrays these stick skinny models every second of the day..makes me jealous!

• Circle of Ancients

That's hilarious!

I'd actually rather disclose my weight than gnaw off my own eyebrows since I don't have many eyebrows to begin with.

• M's mommy

I would like to lose 25-35 lbs.

Some of it is some post pregnancy and some me being an unhealthy and lazy person.

I would love to get on this weight loss challenge......is the price a churro at DL if we meet our goals/

Quote Originally Posted by littlepixie View Post
    I would like to lose 25-35 lbs.

Some of it is some post pregnancy and some me being an unhealthy and lazy person.

I would love to get on this weight loss challenge......is the price a churro at DL if we meet our goals/
    I'm on my post-high school/freshman 25 right now..yuck! Would like to lose 25-35 as well. PM me if you would like to chat about getting something going together..I live in Seattle, but email is wonderful so we could correspond that way