• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

We moms wear many hats

On any given day, moms wear multiple hats. Sometimes it is more than one hat at any given moment. Just for kicks, let's see if we can chronicle just how wacky someof those hats are for us on any given day. I was inspired by a chore that only I have had the pleasure/displeasure of having to perform.

Today's hat: Vacuum Repairman.

Our vaccum seems to have a clog. I tried using a wooden skewer, not such a great unclog the vacuum tool. Next in my line of sight was the handle of my bamboo back scratcher. It worked okay,but it lacked the flexibility needed to wiggle through the hose. What finally worked to unclog the stupid vacuum? The handle of the homemade Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye whip from Brian's Halloween costume.

So, I got the clog pushed through, turned on the vaccum. Still not picking anything up. ARGH! I did this like three times before I gave up completely. Now I have to go get a new vacuum. I tell Nathan and he says we have to wait until his next paycheck to buy a new vacuum. Ugh.

At least this means that I do not have to wear the "Clean the dirty carpets" hat tomorrow.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Original Mice-Chatter

Tomorrow I get to wear the "register my youngest child for school" hat. *sob* Rosie is starting kindergarten this summer!!!!

I'm both excited and sad about it- she is so jazzed. She can write her name, she is learning all kinds of things before she goes to school and she is just so smart!!

For me though, it is the end of an era. I will never again have a kid too young for school- this is it, no more "baby" at home. My mom, who watches her, is having the same feelings. It's hard on her to think of Rosie being gone to school- we talked about her homeschooling Rose, but I don't think we are going that way. Mom deserves a break, and Rose can't wait to actually go to school.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    Oh wow Nephy, that is quite a story! You must be feeling lots of mixed emotions about all of this. How cute. I am excited for you.

I don't think we have to register Ali until March. She is really looking forward to it. She is writing her name too, and she can recognize some words. Brian was teaching her how to read "an words with his "an" wheel last week.

Today's hat: Furniture assembler.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.

NO GOATS!

• Original Mice-Chatter

I'm excited and sad all at the same time-

Rose is just so psyched to wear her backpack and go off to school. I think she will do really well, and I am really wanting her to get more socialization that her brothers (ugh-the influence of boys..cooties!!)

Ah, today's hat- Absentee Mom work and then dinner with a friend Going to take the rest of the week off..wow, I have been busy.

• Man O Lantern

Laundress:

I'm doing loads and loads of laundry this morning. Loads and loads. Why didn't I do some this weekend? WHY? Ugh!

Docent:

We're going to the Portland Art Museum for the rest of the day. The weather's crappy and OMSI is closed. It's the museum or a movie and I choose the museum. And probably then a movie.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    Update: The vaccum is fixed! After trying a couple of new techniques, I decided to unscrew the hose from the vacuum to see if i could get to the clog. There was a plastic piece holding up traffic (aka a dusty bunny conga line) that was easy to unclog. Presto change-o, the vaccum is like new again. Now I have to wash out the filters.

NO GOATS!

• I hate Mondays

Today, I shall be:
    A cook
    Laundress
    Housekeeper (if I get off my butt and actually clean- I intend to, but it hasn't happened yet).
    Teacher- The Girl is homeschooled, and even though it's a holiday she has to do some work, as she played hooky last friday. Today's subjects are math, writing and science. We're reading about the planet Uranus, so the new pics from Titan are timely and very cool!
    Hairdresser- MIL needs a new do.
    Zookeeper

Oh, and it's my day off!

• Daycare queen

Today, I am keeper to a pajama-clad daycare. We are having pajama day since there is no school. We have built a tent out of sheets and blankets and watched movies and have no plans to do anything structured on this cold, snowy January day.

Tonight, I get to be the birthday party planner as my dd turned 8 last Friday, but we had to wait until this Saturday to do her party. We're shopping for the necessary party paraphernalia (sp?) tonight.
    Brenda

• Pucker Up, Sweetie!

Today I was the lunchlady at school.

Our school has no cafeteria...so the PTO has different vendors who bring in hot meals..the PTO mom's then serve the pre-packaged meals! So...I'm the Lunchlady!

Now I'll be the grocery purveyor! Then the head chef! Then, Oooo!, the head dishwasher!

I'm so lucky to be the "head" of so many things!

• Go PDF! www.txrd.com

Soother of Unnamed Hurts

That's my hat for today. I had to work and when I got home, I fed the Bug and put him down for a nap. Which he woke up from a half hour later screaming his head off for no reason. I changed his diaper, gave him a pacifier and rocked him. Now he's hunkydory. Yay me.

Chaffeur of the Baby with the Cutest Eyes in Texas (tm)

That's usually one of my hats when I'm out with the Bug. Everybody stops and coos and points. He's got my olive skin, dark hair from both of us and light blue-green eyes from his Grampa (the DFIL). Which makes everybody stop and stare cuz there's something about the combination of olive skin, dark hair and light eyes that makes everybody around here go ga-ga over him. Well..that and his long, camel-like eyelashes. He's got really long,slightly curly eyelashes that accentuate his big blue-green eyes. Everybody just goes 'awww..how cute!"

He's gonna be a ladykiller with those eyes wh en he's older. Mrrow.Fathers, lock up your daughters...heh heh heh.... :devil:

TOV

Hit 'em where it hurts..right in the sales aisle.Help support the 'girl-cotting' of A&F. Pass the word..tell your mom,your sister,your wife and girlfriends.Show your support for women everywhere by supporting the girl-cotting of Abercrombie.