Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

What a horrible night......

Quite a few of you know the problems I've had with my sister and nephew. She's been in an abusive relationship with a husband who uses. She & the baby(he's 3)have stayed with us off on on and last year we even managed to get her to file for a restraining order & divorce and file for sole custody and then in to a safe house....she went back to him.

Well, it all blew up last night. His parole officer came to pick him up and apparently the place was a disastor and they found paraphanelia(sp)in the house so they took my nephew away.

I spent the morning on the phone with the social worker and am trying to get my nephew, the social worker has to contact me and run backgrounds on Kurt and I, then investigate the house. Then HOPEFULLY, we can go to court on monday to get temp. custody of my nephew. I am just sick that he's going to have to be there until then

So any extra good thoughts you can spare for my little nephew I"d appreciate them. I appreciate it.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Re: What a horrible night......

Oh no, Tina! That poor baby. Where is your sister now? I'll be praying for you to get custody of him very, very quickly. Can you call and see if there is any way at all to speed things along to get to court on Friday, so he won't have to be there for the weekend? How horrible! Curse that blasted "father" of his and big, big old hugs to you.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    — Mark Twain

• I'm your huckleberry.

Oh Dmom, your story just breaks my heart. Thank god your nephew has you and your husband in his life. Hopefully all will go well with the social worker so you can care for the little one and provide him with the love and stability he deserves.

I wish there were something I could do to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Awww Tina!!!

I am hear for you no matter what. Advice is just a phone call away.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• -Going Retro-

that is just horrible!! I'm sooo sorry honey! You know my thoughts are always with you and I hope things work out.

(sending a virtual gingerbread latte your way)

• Happy Memories

Five times the hugging for you. Stories like this make me soooo... sad and angry at the same time. I had my own issues with an abusive, alcoholic stepfather, but thankfully I was old enough at the time to stand up to him (it was a defining moment in my life that I hate yet am also greatful for). I'm sending every positive vibe I can muster in your direction today!

and some more hugs for good measure...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Thank god for you and your husband! Many kids don't have anyone to care for them when their awful parents crap out! Keep bugging those people to speed up the process as quick as possible- the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Poor little guy, I hope you get him ASAP.

“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Oy!

Good luck to all, especially the nephew.

• For old time sake

Tina, if you need anything let me know. Your nephew is one lucky boy and I am sorry you guys have to go through this
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Banned User

Sweetie, been there and raising my babys(my sons boys) because of drugs also, my prayers are with you today and with that whole family.
    -------------
    Lord, I lift up this situation to you and ask you Lord to interceed for Tina and her family so that She may have this child as soon as possible.That you would go to battle for this whole situation and heal everyone in this family, in Jesus name **amen

• Man O Lantern

I'm so sorry you and your family have to go through this, but I'm so grateful that your nephew has you guys! So many kids have no one who is there for them, no one willing to take on the extra work and provide the much-needed love. That poor little boy has to be so scared right now.....you're doing the right thing and I love you that much more for it!

Claire

• e komo mai

Hugs to you, Tina! Hang in there. That poor kid.
    I hope all goes well for him.

• Lights on Nobody Home

Hoping the best for you getting your nephew quickly. That is a very confusing situation for a 3 yr old. Good in a way it came to this and it may be a wake up call for your sister. Hope you can help her to help herself and her son to a stabler environment when she is ready. It is awesome that you will be able to provide that for him until then. Best wishes and lots of my best thoughts coming your way.

• Again! Again! Again!

Tina, I'm sooooooooo sorry you are having to go through this. As Stink said, your nephew is lucky to have you!! Let me know if you need ANYTHING!!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• Give Peace a Chance

dsnylndmom, I am sorry to hear of your families difficulties. I hope that you can obtain custody of your nephew before the week is out. It is wonderful that he has you to love and care for him.
    ~ MickeysGirl ºoº
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! ºoº

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast