Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dry skin help

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Dry skin help

This horrible Oklahoma weather has dried my skin out SO bad...that it's actually flaking in some spots. I have tried everything i could possibly think of....from cocoa butter lotion to baby oil to creamy petroleum jelly to Victoria Secrets body lotion...and NOTHING is helping. I'm having to apply the lotions at least twice a day. But, it's just not helping.

I'm at my wit's end. Can someone suggest SOMETHING, ANYTHING that might work?

Thank you!

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Re: Dry skin help

First Aid Beauty's Ultra Repair Cream is a miracle worker!

Sephora: First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream: Moisturizers

You can find it at Sephora, in store and online.

Another one I really love is Benefit's Touch Me and Then Try to Leave Body cream. It smells amazing - very subtle and fresh - and leaves my skin like velvet all day.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Vaseline makes some really great stuff: Petroleum Jelly Cream, Deep Moisture. I use it on my heals before I go to bed (I wear Birk clogs and my heals get super dry) with socks and on my hands. I wash my hands a million times at work so my hands get super dry. Love the stuff.

Hopefully that helps.

•   
    • Shenanigans.

Mayonaise. Lots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristocat View Post
    I miss David.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    All I know is that David is a pimp Gryffindor.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I suffer from etremely dry skin. I have ezcema. My dermatologist recommends Dove bodywash and soaps. They work. All those other perfumed soaps will only dry out your skin some more.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Circle of Ancients

If nothing is working, my suggestion is to see a dermatologist. It could be a deeper problem. . I also use Dove body products which help me. I hope you get it resolved.

thanks everyone.

Except Lara.

Gina...I think that's one of the causes. I do see a dermatologist, and recently she put me on medication that warns that it could dry out my skin. I'm guessing that HAS to be the cause of this, since I've never had this problem before.

• Mrs. J. Depp

I also have pretty dry skin, but not to where it flakes. But it does get itchy and uncomfortable. I make a habit of moisturizing every day when I get out of the shower. Usually I'll use something heavier on my legs like pure shea butter, or apricot oil. Then I'll use something like a body cream on my upper torso and arms, something that will moisturize well but soak in pretty quick.
    A few years back a girlfriend of mine got really dry, flaking skin all over her stomach and the only thing that worked for her was the Body Shop body butters.
    I would maybe do a Google search of the best moisturizers for dry skin, get a few recommendations from people you know, narrow down to a few items and try them out and see what works. Good luck!!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Best Product ON THE PLANET for super dry skin is Aquaphor! NO DOUBT! It's sorta pricey but soo worth it! My friend has eczema and it is her life saver!!

I love it too for my dry feet cuz i wear sandals all summer long without socks and my feet get soo dry that they crack and peel! A few days of treatment with this and the dry skin is almost gone!

Aquaphor Healing Ointment
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

Aquaphor! Thats the stuff my dermatologist gave me to use for my face. It is a miracle worker. I loved the stuff...but have been unable to find it anywhere. I never thought about using it on my whole body. Esp my ultra dry feet (I live in flip flops, lol)

And great idea with the shea butter, Izzy! I'm gonna check into that

Thank you EVERYONE! I'm writing everything down and going to try to locate it. I love the name of that lotion, Sunnygirl....but, have NO idea where to find it. I don't think we have a Sephora in OKC. I've never seen one....

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'm a fan of Bliss Body Butter, but I also love Avon's Moisture Therapy Intense lotion for extremely dry skin. I put it on my hands and they feel like butter all day... even after washing my hands. I use it on my knees and elbows too (which if I get dry skin it hits those areas the worst).

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    thanks everyone.

Except Lara.

Gina...I think that's one of the causes. I do see a dermatologist, and recently she put me on medication that warns that it could dry out my skin. I'm guessing that HAS to be the cause of this, since I've never had this problem before.
    lol I think he meant oil and avocado may help. Mayo helps with your hair. You may want to try some home remedies Stitchy.

I've been surfing the web and have found a few hints. Hopefully one will help.

Thanks guys!

• Mecha-Shiva! Mecha-Shiva!

I just had to add that CeraVe is the one of the best things in the world for dry skin along with Aquaphor. So light and yet it does so much! Plus it's pretty darn cheap.

I've actually got oily skin but use Retin-A for acne which turns my skin flaketastic and red. I feel your pain! :/ Hope it gets better soon.

I have found Aquaphor at Walmart but sometimes (for some odd reason) it's behind the pharmacy counter so ask the pharmacist. If they don't have it there, they'll refer you to where you can find it. It's that popular.
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast