Thread: Counting Points

• Random Cupcake Thief

Blog Entries

Counting Points

Today I have started Weight Watchers by keeping track of my points. I only have 22 points per day but that does not include the extra 35 points to use at my discretion throughout the week. It looks as though I may be dipping into those extra points today. It is only 2:55 PM PST and I have thus far used 20 points.

Constant hunger only strikes when you are dieting - oh the irony.

Is there anyone else counting points? Would you like to share with me the foods you are for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and for snacks in between?

My goal is to lose 10 lbs. by October 20th. If there is anyone who wants to join me, let me know so I can do a support thread. Unless we have one somewhere.
    I suffer from infantile thoughts of grandiosity

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Re: Counting Points

You will be hungry for the first few days - that is the way it is.

Breakfast is cereal and lite yogurt. 1/2 cup fiber one squats and the 4 oz fiber one yogurt is 1 point. Lite yogurt is 2 points. Otherwise, I have a granola bar.

Lunch is sandwiches, ham/turkey and cheese on a deli flat. Some sliced cheese are 1 point, some sliced deli meats are 1 pt for a good serving. Deli flats are 1 point. Or a FF hot dog and 1 point bun. I have low fat peanut buttr or a quesedilla when I splurge!

Dinner, I get recipes online. Gina's WW recipes and laa loosh are good as is the WW site. There are WW cookbooks too, your library probably has them (or Hungry girls' cookbooks - she has an awesome daily newsletter) Sometimes we have frozen meals.

Snack are fruit, 100 calorie packs, ice cream bars, crackers, chips ... low fat or baked types.

Fill up on veggies and filling foods as well as water, and I promise, soon you won't be so hungry and eating all your points early.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Random Cupcake Thief

Blog Entries

Thank you!!! I ended up filling up on a lot of veggies last night. It's amazing how great salt n pepper can taste on vegetables.

I am doing the yogurt this morning as you have suggested.

I didn't think of granola because when I do, I think high in fat but I guess it's one of the good fats that the body will burn off.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I like Fiber one cereal, the frosted mini-wheats are yummy. I make the 0 point veggie soup, you can make it in the slow cooker.

• Random Cupcake Thief

Blog Entries

Thank you, KK for the veggie soup idea! I didn't even know that existed but I looked it up and it sounds good...add a little hot sauce....yummy!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

It's good. Or you can do some of the Progresso soups. Those are yummy. I make the veggie soup, I add even veggies from my garden that aren't on the list, and then for people that aren't on WW I make couscous on the side and add it to theirs (whole wheat couscous is low in points too).

Typical food day for me when working (working nights so like this is my 7am) is some form of cereal or whole grain bread with cream cheese, then a microwave meal for lunch (I tend to blow a lot of points there), dinner is either cereal, eggs, or a salad, with two glasses of wine (need that wine. I make sure those are always in there). Then just a lot of 0 point veggies in between. I've switched from coffee with fancy cream in the morning/night to just Diet Pepsi. Maybe that'll help, or maybe I'm a freak...And I have 27 points daily.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelluh View Post
    My goal is to lose 10 lbs. by October 20th. If there is anyone who wants to join me, let me know so I can do a support thread. Unless we have one somewhere.
    Theres sort of one in the main lounge... but there can be more than one at a time in different places to catch different people.

The "Lose 56 for the 56th" Support Thread!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.