• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

WTH Bare Minerals?!

My Bare Minerals foundation is acting weird. I put it on this morning and it looked fine. I go into the bathroom at work just before lunch, look in the mirror and... the bottom half of my cheeks have no foundation on them. What?! How did that happen? I used the brush over that area, so I KNOW I put foundation there. Plus the foundation suddenly looked kind of orangey (I use the Medium Beige shade... maybe it's just the fluorescent lighting in the bathroom screwing with me). It's not an old jar of foundation as I bought it just a month ago. And I just bought a new Handy Buki brush last weekend too, so it's not an old brush that's gotten icky.

How/why did it do that? It's weird. I've been using BM for 5 years and this has never happened. I'm actually using the "matte" version right now (it's supposed to absorb excess oil but my T-zone is so oily in the summer it's not really doing that), but I think I may switch back to the regular version because this is just weird. I look like I'm only half made-up today and it looks awful. I wiped off some of the foundation that's already there with a tissue, but if I took off more, it would look even worse. Oh and I did use a primer before I put on the foundation (I use the Smashbox primer as it's always worked great with BM in the past).

Good thing the Macy's at the mall down the street from work now has a BM counter.

/endrant

*le sigh*

• Mrs. J. Depp

Re: WTH Bare Minerals?!

Oh no! That's not right. Did you by chance switch facial moisturizers or anything like that? Last year I had switched mine and the one I switched to made my face so greasy that my BM wouldn't even stay on my face. Sounds like you did everything right. I would take it back to BM and explain your situation and see if they have any helpful advice. They've probably seen it all.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

I got it at Sephora. I don't have the receipt anymore though since I bought it a month ago. But I do have to go there this weekend to exchange the mascara I got last weekend (grabbed brown by mistake instead of black). Think they'd be able to help w/ the foundation bit?

And no I haven't changed my moisturizer. I don't use moisturizer because my T-Zone is so oily. I just use the primer.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Aimster, what did you end up doing?

Facebook me!

Well, the next day it was fine so I have no idea what the problem was when I posted my rant. I did pick up some regular version BM when I was at the mall last Friday, so I'm covered on both ends now for awhile.

• Mrs. J. Depp

I was going to wonder if it was caused by the matte version. I'll try and steer clear of that one in the future just in case. Hope you don't have that problem again!

Facebook me!

Who knows? Maybe it was just a one-time freak thing.

• no flash photography...

I use the matte and it's been fine. My nose has been very shiney this week, but it's hot as heck...so that's normal.

Since I started using oil blotting sheets again, my nose & chin have been looking much better. Not sure if I totally like the BM hydrating mineral veil though. It's nice, but it's so light it's hard to get it on my brushes. Weird.