Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• My turn

Re: Am I the only one who doesn't "get" Lady GaGa?

I have nothing against her and I do listen to her music (some not all) but I'm not a follower of her or a dedicated fan. The way I see her she's basically like how Madonna was in the 80s. Wild, outrageous outfits and catchy songs, but most famous for her crazy style image.

Anyone who WEARS meat and thinks it's fashion is just really not ok in the head. I don't care where fashion is! Wearing meat is WEIRD!
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

• no flash photography...

no, I don't understand or "get" her at all. She does seem to try a bit to hard for a reaction...it just comes off as fake to me or desperate.

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Not a big fan of her either. The few songs I have heard are just generic type of songs that don't stand out as being anything different than what I've heard before. The first time I saw a video of her, all I could think was that she's just a copy of Madonna. So, while I appreciate her using her fame to speak out for peoples' rights, as a singer/performer, I don't see her as anything original.

I'm with the majority of people that don't get her.

• M's mommy

Quote Originally Posted by Choc View Post
    I have nothing against her and I do listen to her music (some not all) but I'm not a follower of her or a dedicated fan. The way I see her she's basically like how Madonna was in the 80s. Wild, outrageous outfits and catchy songs, but most famous for her crazy style image.
    Quote Originally Posted by Villains Fan View Post
    Not a big fan of her either. The few songs I have heard are just generic type of songs that don't stand out as being anything different than what I've heard before. The first time I saw a video of her, all I could think was that she's just a copy of Madonna. So, while I appreciate her using her fame to speak out for peoples' rights, as a singer/performer, I don't see her as anything original.
    That's my impression of her too. I feel like maybe she is trying too hard? But then I also dont get her outrageous outfits.

I do believe she wants to do some good.....but I dont think she knows that whatever her statements are, they are being overshadowed by her behavior and her weirdness? And I am a firm believer of people expressing themselves however they want, but sometimes I think some people take it overboard and she is one of them.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by snowwhite9011 View Post
    I don't understand the whole Lady GaGa craze. Sure..she's different, but she tries SO hard to be different, that she becomes mediocre in her extreme efforts for difference.

I do have to give her credit for her voice; because she is a great singer. But, her; I just don't get.

Am I the only one?

you aren't the only one that feels that way. all she does is random stuff for attention.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    you aren't the only one that feels that way. all she does is random stuff for attention.
    this.

• Minion

I wish I could get a Lady Gaga of my own

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123