Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Am I the only one who doesn't "get" Lady GaGa?

I don't understand the whole Lady GaGa craze. Sure..she's different, but she tries SO hard to be different, that she becomes mediocre in her extreme efforts for difference.

I do have to give her credit for her voice; because she is a great singer. But, her; I just don't get.

Am I the only one?
    Next DL trip is in 2 WEEKS!!!!!

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Re: Am I the only one who doesn't "get" Lady GaGa?

No. you're not. Me and my husband can't stand her. I just don't see why someone should be famous for dressing oddly.

But, then...I don't see why 90% of the people today are famous. I look through a magazine and don't know who most of those people are.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

I enjoy a few of her songs, but I find her obnoxious style antics to be really off-putting.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I think being obnoxious for the sake of getting attention is just... Oy. But I'm with Sunny, there are a couple songs I like. I also think she's a man...

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Did anyone else see those hilarious pictures on OMG of her toppling over? She had on some seriously ridiculous boots...and they proved to be too high to walk in..and down she went.

I usually don't laugh at this stuff cause I'm so clumsy, it's bound to happen to me.....but, she deserved it wearing those ridiculous things.

• Random Cupcake Thief

Blog Entries

I'd like to join the "I don't get Gaga" bandwagon. Seriously, what the....? What the heck kind of name is Lady Gaga anyway? She's gross.
    I suffer from infantile thoughts of grandiosity

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

She makes me feel old and uncool.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

I don't "get it" at all, either. She's just ridiculous. Her songs are generic pop music, and she dresses like a 1950's B-movie space alien.

If she took off the elaborate costumes she might be pretty, but who would know? In most pictures I've ever seen of her I have a hard time believing that she didn't have a twig and two berries at some point.

• 秘密のヘルツ

I think she's just having fun. Ziggy Stardust, Marilyn Manson, Elton John in the 70s, even some of Michael Jackson's weirder outfits... It's not a new thing to dress bizarre for attention. She's creating a character. She's there to be entertaining. That's all it is.

She's a really talented singer. I don't know for sure if she writes all her own songs (I think she does), but she plays piano very well, either way. I honestly think she may dress the way she does because she isn't really as traditionally pretty as someone like Katy Perry (for example), so she might actually "need" to dress weird to get any attention at all.

I didn't like her at first, but "Bad Romance" and then "Telephone" won me over. I was 100% anti-pop music until I was about 20, but now I eat up that stuff like candy. (I also love Japanese pop, specifically Utada Hikaru, and wannabe Japanese pop, like Gwen Stefani's solo stuff.)

I don't mind weird people, though. In fact, the weirder the better for me. I guess some people just don't like that sort of thing. It's okay, that's why the radio has an "off" switch.

• Seasick

I like a few of her songs, but I'm not a huge fan or anything.

It certainly seems sometimes that she's trying too hard, going over-the-top for the sake of going over-the-top, all of the time. How much of it is the act she wants to be, and how much is a gimmick? Beats me.

I get the impression that to some degree, she's a talented performer and the theatrics are a means to an end - a way to get the recognition she wouldn't get otherwise. Like Madonna, behind all the stunts, behind all the controversy, there is a true talent.

Perhaps over time, now that she has established herself, she will tone things down.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Sha-lalalalala my oh my

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    I also think she's a man...
    I think so too!!

• Minion

Well, I would...

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I don't get the appeal of her either. To me she's just a rehash of Madonna. I never even HEARD a Lady Gaga song until this past weekend when I went to a drag show and one of the drag queens did an impersonation of her.

• Mrs. J. Depp

I seriously don't get it either. I like many of her songs, think her voice is amazing and think that she is super creative. But I would never want to attend one of her concerts. She doesn't interest me THAT much.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    I seriously don't get it either. I like many of her songs, think her voice is amazing and think that she is super creative. But I would never want to attend one of her concerts. She doesn't interest me THAT much.
    I totally agree. I'm the same way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast