• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Christmas Llamas - Establishing Family Traditions

Every year, I make my pilgramage to Cost Plus to buy great stocking stuffers for my family. Yesterday was the trip. I ended up with homemade candy canes, tons of chocolate, brownies for Nathan, jelly candies, everything that has been established as traditional stocking fare since we moved back to California.

The one thing that made its way into my heart then my basket was a small llama, made with real alpaca wool. And so was born the Saint Kuzco, the Christmas Llama.

Every year, we seem to add a little something to our holiday traditions. What about you? Do you expand upon your traditions or do you stick with the same traditions every year?
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Go PDF! www.txrd.com

Re: Christmas Llamas - Establishing Family Traditions

I always put out my collection of Santa dolls that I have, because they are appropriate for the season and they also remind me of Grammma Gloria (my husband's grandmother),who helped me find my Christmas spirit (which I'd lost years before). *sniffle*

Hit 'em where it hurts..right in the sales aisle.Help support the 'girl-cotting' of A&F. Pass the word..tell your mom,your sister,your wife and girlfriends.Show your support for women everywhere by supporting the girl-cotting of Abercrombie.

• /sigh

I love those llamas! I had one a few years back from Cost Plus....but then my dog killed him

I've been meaning to get another one, evertime I go.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Just Me

Every year I break out my Christmas mice. I have over 1000 mice ornaments and various Christmas decoration, more than enough to totally cover a 6' tree, plus the mantel, plus the coffee table, plus more than don't get displayed. I have started adding Mickey icon ornaments to the mix.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

We have the same tried and true traditions.
    The kids get a new ornament every year
    1 gift gets opened on Christmas
    Santa gifts are unwrapped
    specific menu's on Christmas & Christmas Eve
    We do tons of cookies together
    We make an ornament
    We used to go look at lights on Meadow Street in Stockton every year, so we need a replacement for that one.

I still make KYler take a santa picture

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Man O Lantern

Every year we:

~ Put up our tree the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
    ~ Go to the Christmas parade the day after T'giving.
    ~ I go shopping before the buttcrack of dawn the d.a.T.
    ~ We go downtown to the tree lighting in the square and then see Santa at Meier and Frank.
    ~ We host our family on Christmas Eve and we open all the grandparent's gifts.
    ~ The kids get new ornaments each year.
    ~ Lots of hot chocolate is consumed.
    ~ Every weekend I make a turkey and all the fixings between Tgiving and New Years.
    ~ Every weekend I have hot apple cider heating in the crockpot.
    ~ Every year we buy gifts for an "adopted" family.
    ~ We donate our old coats and we buy blankets for blanket drives. We go through our books for book drives, and donate food. All done through their schools. The girls start planning for it in August.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell
    ~ Every year we buy gifts for an "adopted" family.
    ~ We donate our old coats and we buy blankets for blanket drives. We go through our books for book drives, and donate food. All done through their schools. The girls start planning for it in August.
    I forgot about those!! We do the coats and blankets too. I have a box in the spare bedroom full of clothes I've been going through for the last month and the jackets are seperate.

For the last few years we've been doing the angel tree. Each of the boys pick a child their age and then Kurt and I each get a couple.

A habit we got into is picking up stuff on Black Friday for the Angel Tree and GREAT for Toys For Tots. Toys for Tot's is Kyler's "must do" everything.

This will be the first year that I have not gathered donations and taken it to my old school to be taken to the Women's shelter

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Pucker Up, Sweetie!

We always do two angel tree kids...one girl, one boy.

Tree goes up the day after Thanksgiving...

The kids get a new ornament every year which usually requires a separate shopping trip. (My Mom started this tradition for me when I was very little...when I moved out and had my first tree...I got a box in the mail a few days before. In it were all my ornaments, sets of lights, tinsel and a star for the top...and the sappiest card ever...which is still in my box with my ornaments! I read it every year!)

We usually spend at least one night camped out in front of the tree, leaving the trees lights on all night!

We used to get a live tree every year...and the kids started naming them...Sam was our first tree, we've had a Hedwig, a Harry, a Bob.

We bake bake bake....tons of cookies!

Cookies and cocoa or cider are the traditional Christmas breakfast! Nothing else!

My inlaws have this cooky Christmas Eve tradition...on Christmas Eve..the first person to say "Christmas Eve Gift" must be presented by the "listener" a gift by the end of that day! So it's usually a big game...we've even called people at 12:01am on Christmas Eve night to say "Christmas Eve Gift"...not so much for the gift..but there are several people that Brag about not ever being caught. John's grandmother even answer's her phone "Christmas Eve Gift"...I'm 12 - 0 on getting John!