Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Fondu, do you and how to?

I got this idea from a very nice poster here, in my cheese thread. I would love to try this, so how do I begin? are there any seasoned fondu aholics here? tell me what kinds of cheeses are best, how to what to buy, best fondu pots, and so on ,I am loving this idea!!! And I am hungry

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

Re: Fondu, do you and how to?

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    I got this idea from a very nice poster here, in my cheese thread. I would love to try this, so how do I begin? are there any seasoned fondu aholics here? tell me what kinds of cheeses are best, how to what to buy, best fondu pots, and so on ,I am loving this idea!!! And I am hungry
    Hey you took my idea ! It's ok. Well, I posted this on the other thread, at Costco, I saw this fondu fountain, dont know how much it is, but the picture of it looks soo yummy with chocolate flowing. I love using the traditional strawberries and chocolate, I also use oranges with the chocolate, very yummy. The cheese fondu, I dont do that much, but I have tried it with veggies. I'm not a big meat eater, but I hear people try it with different kinds of meat, like chicken, pastrami, beef.... Hope you get more Ideas Hakuna Makarla

• Waiting for the stork

Costco has the fountain?!?!?!

Oh I am sooooo getting one

(sorry to hijack Karla, I have never done fondu, but it does sound like fun, doesn't it?)
    procrastibating

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I fondu'ed once. At my sister's - she fondu's. her husband is a cheese fanatic so she has done a bunch. She doesn't have the fountain, just a regular fondu set. The set came with recipes- so she just used those
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Happy Memories

I recieved a fondu pot as a gift once. It sat around for a year before I tried it out. When we finally decided to give it a go we decided that we didn't want to make just one recipe so we bought a second one. that was about 3 years ago (or more) and I haven't used them since. Not saying i didn't enjoy it, but it was a bit of a hassle to me. There was a lot of leftover and I hate throwing stuff out.

My advice, if you're gonna do it, have several friends over so that there is a better chance of less waste. That's the main reason I don't do it more often.

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

I do, but I do chocolate most of the time. Some of my girlfriends and I get together and do fondue every so often, it's really fun. One of them has 2 different cheese recipes and we dip breads and veggies into it. For chocolate, we dip strawberries, marshmallows, graham crackers, bananas and angel food cake (or is it pound cake?)

You can do searches online for great recipes, though.

I have two fondue pots, one is the one you have to add the oil to and light it and all that. Then I got smart and got the electric one, WAY better. It came with some recipes, so yours might, too!

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

that looks like the one I saw, doesnt it look yummy

• Pucker Up, Sweetie!

I've done the chocolate fondu...but in a little crock pot...just heat some melting chocolate...and serve with strawberries, bananas, cubed angel food or pound cake, apples, oranges...whatever!

Yumm!

Try a restaurant that has fondue on the menu. Go with friends, it is fun and you will know if you like it or not.

• Banned User

there is no resturants around hwere that do this, and man this sounds so cool. I love chese and melted chese is sounding so good about now!

• My cuties!

I love fondue!! We've had 2 different fondue pots -- the first used denatured alcohol and the second one is electric. The denatured one was a pain to get hot enough! The problem with the electric one is hard to regulate the heat. Growing up, we had one that used Sterno and it was great!

The cheese is the key to good fondue! The recipe my husband uses (he is the fondue chef in our house) uses Swiss and Gruyere cheese. Here's the recipe:

• 1 cup dry white wine
    • 1/2 pound shredded Swiss cheese
    • 1/2 pound shredded Gruyere cheese
    • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    • 1/4 teaspoon salt
    • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    • 1 (1 pound) loaf French bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
    DIRECTIONS:

1. Simmer wine in fondue pot. Add Swiss cheese, Gruyere cheese, 1/4 pound at a time. Stir after each addition of cheese until melted. Stir in flour. When all the cheese has melted, stir in salt and nutmeg. Serve with cut-up French bread.

• Waiting for the stork

oh that sounds good...

I just may have to go get a fondu pot....
    you guys are killing me with all this, I think I gained weight just reading this...but dang, I want some...
    procrastibating

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
    oh that sounds good...

I just may have to go get a fondu pot....
    you guys are killing me with all this, I think I gained weight just reading this...but dang, I want some...
    me too !

• Banned User

oh that sounds like a yummy recipe, I am still needing to go out and get a pot, oh yeah and gruyer cheese, I can not find this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast