Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Worst Beauty Rituals

My eyebrows have always been my worst enemy. Left to their own devices, they will grow into a uniborw, the likes of which would make Grouch Mark and Burt envious. Ever since I was 13 or 14, I have tried to groom them myself, with varying degrees of success. For a while I spolied myself and had them waxed, but lately it is a luxury I cannot afford or find the time to do. I am trying right now to tame them- I haven't had time to do this since September, that and they fact that they took my little scissors at the airport and I keep forgetting to buy another pair. Well. I just botched one and now I have to try and get the other one looking semi ok. The worst part of it is my complexion is soooo pale and my eyebrows are black, so I have to fix them or I look like a total freak. I am thinking about investing in one of those eyebrow kits with wax and powder in them to help fix my issues.

So- what beauty ritual do you absolutely dread?
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Re: Worst Beauty Rituals

Check out the Smashbox brow kits at sephora WifeyQueen, they rock

I hate doing eyebrows but underarm shaving is the worst

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• I'm your huckleberry.

Oh, man where do I start?

Eyebrows, yup, those are torture. I get mine waxed every two weeks. If I don't I look like a Yeti.

Grey hair. I'm only 29, but I've got LOTS of grey. Finding a color that matches my natural color (dark, dark brown with red highlights) is a nightmare. Plus my hair is down to my waist so it takes TONS of color to do it.

Shaving. I hate it. I would love to wax, but that's a lot of surface area to cover!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Hair Color!!
    I was a tow head gone the way of really fugly dishwater color.
    I've had it highlighted, foiled, foiled and toned and any other option someone could dream it.
    I was blonde-blonde for many years, but, have been trying to go to a more natural darker blonde with a few highlights.
    It's never right and I hate it. I'm never sure if it will be too ashy(makes me look tired) or too blonde (fakey and washed out).

I need to change hairdressers. That thought terrifies me. It's bad enough currently, what could happen if I change?

Agree with D-Mom on the smashbox eyebrow kits, I'm a user!

• Incognito

Blog Entries

DQ I'm with you on the eyebrows. Mine are so crazy I'd have a uni too! I actually had them waxed a couple times just to see how that'd look, can you say YIKES!! It just looked so wrong on so many levels.

So, I try and keep them plucked enough to where they look like 2 separate ones (ok its not THAT bad but it feels like it). The hairs that drive me nuts are the ones that surround the main brows, the "floater" hairs that just pop out of nowhere.

Oh and dont forget the earhair. Thank GOD for whatever reason mine are blonde or gray or clear or whatever and not black. I swear I'll pluck and the next morning theres a 2" hair looking like a corkscrew coming out of my ear, wtf is that all about?!

• no flash photography...

I know this is a no no, but I use a mini shaver on mine. I then pluck any leftover strays. They have not grown back thicker, so I'm thinking that may be a wives tale. I had them waxed first and I just follow that shape...lol...

I hate having my upper lip waxed. The hair there is blonde and in no way looks mustachy, but I don't like it...lol

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

I use Nads, and it's pretty good. there is the jar, for legs and other areas, then there's the little tube with mirror for the eyebrows. I've been wanting to know about the eyebrow shaper from sephora, is it really good?

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by ksejr1
    I use Nads, and it's pretty good. there is the jar, for legs and other areas, then there's the little tube with mirror for the eyebrows. I've been wanting to know about the eyebrow shaper from sephora, is it really good?
    I've had too many bad experiences with doing my own eyebrows. I leave that to the professionals now.

Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• /sigh

Pluck pluck pluck. I'm always doing my eyebrows. I even have tweazers under my keyboard at work. I check and pluck every day. Just so anal about it i guess.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzco-topia
    Pluck pluck pluck. I'm always doing my eyebrows. I even have tweazers under my keyboard at work. I check and pluck every day. Just so anal about it i guess.
    That's the way I am with my nails. If I don't have acrylics I'm constantly filing, buffing, trimming cuticles. Its one of my many OCD things.

• Miss Bee Taylor

You sound like me.

I am constantly plucking. By the time I go to get waxed...I have nothing for her to wax off.
    WDW-July 2010
    **Tokyo~Tokyo Disney Resort**May 25-June 3, 2009**

Disneyland--all the time (we're Californians)
    Disneyland Paris-2002
    WDW-1999, 2000
    DisneyCruise-2000

• /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Bee
    You sound like me.

I am constantly plucking. By the time I go to get waxed...I have nothing for her to wax off.
    I'm too scared to get mine prof waxed. I mean what if they take TOO much off? I have pretty sparse brows at it is....
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I wax and pluck at home. Sometimes I go get them done, but I maintain them on my own. I hate hairy body parts.

My worst beauty ritual is the hair-the roots. I color my hair but I am soo bad in maintianing the color. So bad!. For the summer I went platinum blonde and my whole family was against it (first off my mom hates it but my sis loves it- mom just hates platinum hair) But, you have too go back and dye the roots every 6 weeks. But of course, no way. Even know- I have about 2 inch roots that I seriously need to dye!
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Waiting for the stork

Eyebrows is definatly the big winner around here...

I have an impossable time taming the two catterpillars atached to my forhead (seriously, they are awful!) I can sometimes shape them, if I'm lucky, but it doesn't happen oftain...however I do have one real big annoyance with mine I get these random hairs that stick out in other directions from the rest, sticks straight up, straight out, points down, every which way, if I get them all going the same direction I concider it a good day (I have even been known to put a dab of hair gel, just a tiny bit mind you, to keep them in place if I have something important to do, cause those sucker jump out of nowhere...)

I hate my eyebrows
    procrastibating

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

ME TOO !! but I have tweezers all over in the car, by the couch and in my purse. OCD with tweezers
    aka Sara

One of my children
    isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast