• Banned User

The 17 day diet...my own adventure

As well all know summer creeps ever closer...and I for one is committed to looking just as hot as the temperature! So I was talking to my trainer and she was telling me of this diet called "the 17 diet" it helps you cleanse your system and jump start your metabolism. So I am starting it! It is pretty restrictive on what you eat but you don't starve yourself. This is what I'm looking for because I have hit a wall and want to loose that last 10 lbs. And ofcourse I will be working out at least 4 days a week.

Ill be updating every couple days to help motivate myself and let anyone know hows it going to see who's interested. Here is what my trainer forwarded me:

Days 1 – 17are to “Accelerate” on a low carbohydrate diet that provides around 1200 calories. Eat unlimited lean meat and no-starch vegetables, two fat-free plain yogurts and two low-sugar fruits, a bit of oil, green tea, and 64 ounces of water a day. Typical for any low carb diet, fat-burning and fluid loss is favored during those days.

Chicken
    Eggs & Egg whites
    Turkey
    Veggies (dark green, red, orange)
    Yogurt (2 servings)
    Fruit (low sugar, 2 servings)
    Day 1

1 hour of cardio/Pilates

2 hard boiled eggs
    serving of strawberries
    serving of greek yogurt
    serving of berries
    baked chicken
    brussel sprouts
    tons of water...

I havent been hungry at all today, eating here and there. My workout was really powerful so it helped me motivate myself. Its diffidently a good start, I'm hoping I stick at it.

• Keeper of the fruit rolls

Re: The 17 day diet...my own adventure

I've heard of the 17 day diet before. I think it was one of the many many diets a friend of mine has tried (I lost track of all her attempts). Best of luck and let us know how it's going!
    -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Quote Originally Posted by drphibes View Post
    SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
    Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

• Mrs. J. Depp

I have been on several restricted diets because of my intolerance to so many foods and I can tell you right now that the one you're on will make a world of difference not just in your weight loss but in the overall way you feel. Good luck, you can DO IT!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

I am not a fan of short-term diets. It's too easy to go back to bad eating habits that got one overweight in the first place. I have been on a doctor-recommended "diet" for over SIX years, and after losing about 20 pounds the first year, my weight has been pretty stable at a "healthy" weight.

Of course, I get a lot of exercise compared to the average person, but that's part of the plan. The major goal of my "diet" is control of cholesterol without the use of medication. I eat no red meat and eat fats sparingly, concentrating on the healthier fats. I don't fret over carbs, since they provide the energy I need for all the cycling I do. Other than that, I have no food allergies or intolerances, and I'm not a particularly picky eater. I don't really miss the red meat; and after six years, it's pretty much lost its appeal.

The best diet is a permanent shift to better eating habits and exercise that is fun enough to look forward to day after day.

I'll step off my soapbox now.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
    2014 so far: 5595 miles, 311,000 feet