Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I'd rather be @ D-land

Any of you girls had reduction surgery?

Assuming my insurance co. approves I will go in for surgery in August.... Kind of scared
    Sue B

Math Geek of Randomness

Re: Any of you girls had reduction surgery?

I've met a woman who had reduction surgery and she was very pleased with her results. I hope you are, too! Good luck with the insurance- some of them do cover it.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Disgruntled Former CM

SueB -

One of my girlfriends (and two very famous actresses that I work with...) had it - and they all say that it is WELL worth it! All three had AMAZING results with the "keyhole" procedure (a reduction AND lift, with repositioning of the areola); just a week or so after the surgery the area was already healing very well, and (one year plus later) the scars are very tiny; the bottom scar hides right in the crease under the breast. They ALL look terrific in their clothes (no more "tent tops") and they look like they lost 20 pounds without the "top-heavy" look.

This is often necessary surgery; without it, the chest will get larger and heavier with age, causing sagging, stretching, and severe neck and shoulder problems. Better to go on a good, sensible diet, get in shape, and "fix" what Mother Nature gave you a "little too much" of! Good Luck!!

EQ
    "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

• I'd rather be @ D-land

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    I've met a woman who had reduction surgery and she was very pleased with her results. I hope you are, too! Good luck with the insurance- some of them do cover it.
    Thanks. I have been told by many that with the amount they need to remove, it should be no problem for the insurance co (going from a 32 K.) But, of course, things are getting more and more difficult with them. I should hear in a couple weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilQueen View Post
    SueB -

One of my girlfriends (and two very famous actresses that I work with...) had it - and they all say that it is WELL worth it! All three had AMAZING results with the "keyhole" procedure (a reduction AND lift, with repositioning of the areola); just a week or so after the surgery the area was already healing very well, and (one year plus later) the scars are very tiny; the bottom scar hides right in the crease under the breast. They ALL look terrific in their clothes (no more "tent tops") and they look like they lost 20 pounds without the "top-heavy" look.

This is often necessary surgery; without it, the chest will get larger and heavier with age, causing sagging, stretching, and severe neck and shoulder problems. Better to go on a good, sensible diet, get in shape, and "fix" what Mother Nature gave you a "little too much" of! Good Luck!!

EQ
    Thanks. This will be a lift as the tissue being removed is from the bottom (and they can't point more down.) I am working on shrinking and walking more so that the end result is in the most accurate position.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    no worries there.
    Sue B

Math Geek of Randomness

Blog Entries

My mom had reduction at 51 and she wishes she had done it sooner! She has had multiple surgeries and said it was one of her best recoveries. Her plastic surgeon declared she now has "playboy-quality breasts" which we all get a kick out of. I am a nurse and felt she had a good recovery. On a funny note, I was "babysitting" her the night of her surgery because my dad had to work and he walked in on me sitting in front of her rubbing this medicine on her breasts and changing the dressings. She was totally topless and we were talking like it was nothing, he said it was the oddest site he ever walked in on!

Good luck with your surgery! I think they key is having a great surgeon you trust.

Keep on the insurance. They have certain criteria to meet, and sometimes they'll try to say it's cosmetic, but it's most assuredly not cosmetic.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• I'd rather be @ D-land

Finally got something from insurance beside, "give us more data about more conservative methods you have tried to eliviate the symtoms". its not an authorization, but it says that it is covered contigent upon a list of things. I'm scheduled for 12 Aug and got 5 prescriptions to fill for before and after care. I'm kinda nervous... make that a lot scared..... i won't be able to wear a bra for 6 weeks after. That piece of instruction shocked me and my brain doesn't know how to process; I've been wearing indutrial strength bras since i was 13!! wish me luck.
    Sue B

Math Geek of Randomness

Good luck! I hope it helps you!

• I'd rather be @ D-land

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    Good luck! I hope it helps you!
    thanks!!!
    Sue B

Math Geek of Randomness

• Sock Puppet

I don't think that you will have a problem! i thought something was going to happen during my last surgery and i am ok!

• Bonjour Mes Amis

Rosies Bar sipping upon a nice cold Grape Nehi ... pass the pretzels please

Sueb,

I do wish the very best for you. I am certain that you will look and feel just marvelous after total recovery. And have a fun time purchasing new clothing.
    Follies of the Living..............Concerns of the Dead

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by sueb View Post
    thanks!!!
    So how was it!? Did you do well?

• I'd rather be @ D-land

Quote Originally Posted by Stinker Bell View Post
    Sueb,

I do wish the very best for you. I am certain that you will look and feel just marvelous after total recovery. And have a fun time purchasing new clothing.
    Just in time for the labor day sales!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    So how was it!? Did you do well?
    I did pretty well; thanks for asking. The surgeon said that it was the longest reduction surgery he has done; the connective tissue was 'like concrete' so it took him 6 hours. Now, what is left is still a lot (tissue to keep blood supply and nerves to certain parts) of solid stuff. A friend said, "that's great! you're gonna have these til you're 90... and have the best rack in the nursing home"
    Sue B

Math Geek of Randomness

​Glad it went well!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast