Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Shifting cargo

Red Face Cruisin' the parks while surfing the crimson wave

Yes I know this is a very intimate topic, but I'm due to great mother nature when I go June 19th-24th and I was wondering if any of you ladies have been on a several day trip to the parks whilst...surfing. I'm seriously dreading it and I am so worried that it's going to put a major damper on my trip. Any tips would be wonderful ladies!

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• Keeper of the fruit rolls

Re: Cruisin' the parks while surfing the crimson wave

It never seems to fail that mother nature works in the way I'm on that "wave" any time I go on a multi-day trip. Be sure and bring whatever pills you may use (pamprin, ibuprofen, etc) as you'll want it with all the walking wearing you down. Be sure and wear dark pants just in case since sometimes you can get stuck in a line or whatever and leaks can happen. It sucks but it's true. Other than that I don't know what to suggest. It shouldn't affect your trip tooo much. I still managed to have fun in August...though I think my temper was a bit shorter than it should have been with my youngest siblings.
    There's enough to keep you mostly distracted from the effects of mother nature. You'll probably be more tired at the end of the day than you else-wise would be but it's worth it.
    -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Quote Originally Posted by drphibes View Post
    SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
    Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

• I'd rather be @ D-land

I want to give you some magic words, but all I can think of is make sure you always have supplies and good luck. This makes me think of a funny story; The first time my niece was surfing was the day she went to Disneyland. The only dark pants they could find to buy in the park were sweats. It was Pirates of the Carribean ride anniversary date and they were handing out anniversary stickers with the date. So my niece will always have a souvenier of her first.....
    Sue B

Math Geek of Randomness

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Oh, the joys of being older. There are some things about being young, and a female that I do not miss in any way or form. It took me a long time to get there, but I made it. Thankful, that I am indeed "free at last".
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

I just recently got back from disney and that lovely mother nature came while I was there.... Besides bringing medicine and more medicine it will help that you be sure to start walking the parks as soon as possible. I was walking the park the days before it came and that day and it helped out the pain A LOT! I was surprised at how all the walking exercise helped out with the pain..(and of course the meds Just be sure to be walking around whenever you have the opportunity ASAP

• Mrs. J. Depp

I always seem to be on the Dot when I'm at the parks or when I'm anywhere fun. I can honestly say that I never feel much different because I always have a strange schedule so I know what to expect. I only get ONE day of cramps right at the beginning and then a bit of bloating and a lovely uncomfortable pain that I like to call "the baseball bats" because it feels like someone took a baseball bat to your lady area. I always carry around some Aleve just in case anyways for headaches or whatever so bring pain reliever, also drink a lot of water and if cramps become a problem, just rest it out. Bring lots of lady supplies and keep them in a front pocket of your bag so they are easy to access. Also, treat yourself to something sweet and indulgent

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Shifting cargo

Thank you ladies for all of your suggestions! I sure hope the... tide...doesn't come in during my trip, but if it does I will be ready for it!

And thank you to Barbaraann for rubbing it in my face

• is poppin' tags

Seriously. Drink loads of water!!!! Getting dehydrated can make you tired and also make your muscles cramp up. Walking should be beneficial for abdominal pains too. The above posts were pretty spot-on (pun intended) with their advice. I just wanted to add that water is UBER important, so drink lots of it, surfing and otherwise.
    For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
    http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I paid my dues, and longer than most. Both my mom and my sister were "changing their ways", long before they were 50. I, think I might hold a record for my monthly visits. My visitor had no manners either. Stayed way too long, and made a terrible mess. Talk about headaches. I had many of those as well.

Then I could tell you horror stories about hot flashes, but I'll let you all experience that for yourself when the time comes. My mom always claimed she never knew what any of that even meant. Some people have all the luck.

Now I am a happy older lady. Headaches are long behind me. I am no longer suffering from the anemia of my younger days.

Never heard it called surfing the crimson wave. Clever, very clever.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Shifting cargo

Quote Originally Posted by leopardchucks View Post
    Seriously. Drink loads of water!!!! Getting dehydrated can make you tired and also make your muscles cramp up. Walking should be beneficial for abdominal pains too. The above posts were pretty spot-on (pun intended) with their advice. I just wanted to add that water is UBER important, so drink lots of it, surfing and otherwise.
    But when you bloat you're retaining water and then when I drink water on top of that, I feel like a I'm gonna asplode! I've been drinking water still but ugh, I feel pregnant

I just had to post that the name of this thread is awesome. It reminds me of an oldie, but goodie movie: Clueless.

Anyways... +100 to leopard, water will help you get less muscle fatigue, which leads to being less of a cranky pants. At least in my case.

Also, do you do the pill? If so, my obgyn told me if I ever want to stop the wave while on vacay, just to skip the week of placebos. I've only done it once in about the 8 years I've been on the pill and it worked like a charm. She said it's perfectly safe and can be done as often as I want. I've only done it once though because the thought of going months without the visit seems..... wierd.

• is poppin' tags

Quote Originally Posted by RedHandedJill View Post
    But when you bloat you're retaining water and then when I drink water on top of that, I feel like a I'm gonna asplode! I've been drinking water still but ugh, I feel pregnant
    According to this site, NOT drinking enough water makes you go blimpy.
    Discovery Health "8 Home Remedies for Water Retention"

Chug! Chug! Chug!
    Last edited by leopardchucks; 05-25-2011 at 12:58 PM. Reason: exclamation points are cool!!!
    For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
    http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

• Shifting cargo

Quote Originally Posted by jsdmn2 View Post
    I just had to post that the name of this thread is awesome. It reminds me of an oldie, but goodie movie: Clueless.

Also, do you do the pill? If so, my obgyn told me if I ever want to stop the wave while on vacay, just to skip the week of placebos. I've only done it once in about the 8 years I've been on the pill and it worked like a charm. She said it's perfectly safe and can be done as often as I want. I've only done it once though because the thought of going months without the visit seems..... wierd.
    Yeah the "crimson wave" is so classically Clueless and hence where the title derived from I used to be on the pill to try and regulate my crazy cycles but it didn't mix well with the other medications I was taking and did more harm than good. So no, I'm not on it but I've heard that you can skip a week. I seriously doubt I'll be on it when I go but I'm just taking the extra steps to be prepared if it is to make a cameo appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by leopardchucks View Post
    According to this site, NOT drinking enough water makes you go blimpy.
    Discovery Health "8 Home Remedies for Water Retention"

Chug! Chug! Chug!
    I knew drinking water was important no matter how bloated, but last night I felt if I drank anymore water, I would birth a water baby. It was that bad!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    I always seem to be on the Dot when I'm at the parks or when I'm anywhere fun.
    I call it that too! Or when I am out and we are talking about it I will make a dot with my finger (just point with conviction!).

I don't know if this will help, but every week I am on my . I have clinicals for school and have to wear bright white pants (no hiding anything!), so I am freaky anal about this and keeping it in check. I take an extra iron supplement (slow releasing ferrous sulfate. It constipates and makes it black but it works. Most females around that time of the month are mildly anemic) along with at least 3-4 Motrins every 2-4 hours. Then I keep extra pads, unders, Motrin, and pants with me in my purse. I could not care less if I am snappy, my main thing is keeping things hidden. Have fun!

• Now 40% less bitter!

Bit of theme park advice: avoid major water rides, at least on the worst days. About ten years ago, I visited Dollywood and rode a ride similar to Grizzley River Rapids. By the time it was over and we were thoroughly drenched, my pad had moved from the bottom of my panties to the back of them. If your group is insistent, say water rides aren't your thing and offer to take pictures of their raft as they ride by.
    You'll have fun, don't worry. We all go through it, and considering how many women visit or work at the park everyday, you certainly won't be the only one surfing
    Oo-de-lally!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast