Thread: Natural Beauty

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

Question Natural Beauty

Everyone seems to want that natural beauty but look at all that is done to get that result. How many pass off fake treatments as natural? What do you do or have others done where they said it was natural but you knew better.

Some of the fake treatments: padded bras, self-tanners, hair color, teeth whitening, false eyelashes, nails, hair extensions and Botox

aka Sara

One of my children
    isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

Re: Natural Beauty

I have to admit that I have done a few but I have never tried to pass it off as natural. I color my hair, have used fake-bake, had my teeth whitened, nails and eyelash extensions.
    Have never needed a padded bra and I won't do botox.

It is funny to see people get so offended if you ask them about what they have or haven't done.
    aka Sara

One of my children
    isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating

• meganmegaphone

My favorites are:
    Oh! Your teeth are so pretty & white! (whitestrip thingies)
    Oh! Your skin is so pretty! (foundation)

the only things I haven't really changed are my haircolor and my eyelashes (which are long naturally, but I curl them too).

"Back off, Lilo... he's all mine!"
    My MySpace... or...My Facebook
    Coldplay = Love

"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue." - The Office (BBC)

• no flash photography...

I've never tried to claim nautral beauty...I wear to much make-up I would get laughs...my breasts bulging out of my bras tells everyone those are real...I have worm fake lashes once for halloween...LOL...self tanners...nope...I look like caspers twin...hair dye. I have done that, but I tell everyone or it's obvious if it's weaved or steaked...LOL

I have seen some treatments that I would love to get when I need them, but they are like $20,000 to get done. I better save up...LOL..

when I loose 20 more pounds I'm getting my breasts reduced. I would love for them to just put soem nice light fake ones in, bu they said they wouldn't...*darn*

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Well, I do a few things - color my hair, have whitened teeth, etc... but i never try to pass it off as natural. I see no reason to lie about things like that
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• meganmegaphone

You don't have to lie about it for it to be assumed

"Back off, Lilo... he's all mine!"
    My MySpace... or...My Facebook
    Coldplay = Love

"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue." - The Office (BBC)

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Crest Whitestrips every so often and thats about it.

I cant really color my hair (not that I want to) because it grows to darn fast and I'd have gray roots with darker ends within 3 weeks!

No need to do botox, my skin is naturally lovely No need to inject botulism into me! If I wanted that I'd leave a chicken salad sandwich in the sun for a few hours and then have lunch.

• Give Peace a Chance

I have used hair coloring for streaking my hair, organic dye when possible, since the streaks were purple, I'm sure no one thought it was natural! I don't wear to much make up so that has never been an issue. I did have acrylic nails for years, but I recently had them removed, so now it's just me. I'm thinking of getting a bag for my head.
    ~ MickeysGirl șoș
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! șoș

• Gay Man

I have no qualms about either enhancing my natural beauty or blatently faking it. But, I'm pretty picky about what I will do and I don't do too much stuff that requires heavy upkeep or a medical treatment.

I would NEVER tan - booth or fake either one. I value my skin and am very lucky to have good skin at my age. I wouldn't ruin it for anything, especially not do anything that will age me. And, punk rock saved my life in that regard. Besides, I hate the look of a fake tan and I can always tell.

As for aging, I have always played with hair color (punk rock changed my life in that way). Now that I have a Cruella streak of ugly grey (not even pretty grey) I willingly dye my hair regularly. I still play with color and my hair is not where NEAR natural looking, but I love it.

Make-up - I wear it and then I don't. I think if I go out of the house I always put on some sort of lip color. The second thing to be added is mascara. After that, it's all just for fun and games. I'm comfortable with my face almost naked. It is what it is. I'm not "pretty" by any means, but I'm not plain either, so I am fine either way - naked or made-up.

Nails, waxing, pedicures, salon stuff - I'm really lazy about. I don't like to have my life filled with appointments so I don't do most of those things at a salon. I can take care of the basics at home as needed - if I have the time.

Surgical proceedures - well, I'm running around in public with one D cup and one C cup after breast cancer surgery. Maybe one day I'll get the D reduced, maybe I won't. You can't really tell and, even if you could, BFD - Deal with it.

God, I love being old enough to just be me as I see fit to be.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iluvstitch
    You don't have to lie about it for it to be assumed
    Ah, true. I wasn't thiunking about that.
    However, if someone comments to me, I let them know that it's not real.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Waiting for the stork

I 'mostly' have a natural look,

make up, just a powder (to even out the skin tone variations in my face)
    lipstick (the one thing I always wear if I go out, always!)
    eyeshadow and that's it, unless I'm going out for the evening then I add eyeliner too. Never Mascara...Hate the stuff, and I got lucky with that, I don't need it.
    I just hate the way make up feels, and usualy I don't have time for it anyway.

Fake tan, I used to use it but frankly it's such a hassle. I bought some this summer put it in the bathroom to use as soon as I had time...I still haven't found time for that, and I don't suppose I woould look right in the winter with a "summer glow"

I have had my nails done occasionaly (my natural nails are so brittle they just peel away constantly...not very attractive) but right now it's just not a priority.

hair color. most oftain no, it's natural but sometimes I get bored and play with temporary color, always washes out soon and my hair grows so dang fast even perment color would be compleatly gone in no time flat (never have gone to a perment color though, I just don't want to...I love my natural color.

that's about it

Oh yeah, no padding anywhere god didn't put it either
    procrastibating

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
    I have had my nails done occasionaly (my natural nails are so brittle they just peel away constantly...not very attractive) but right now it's just not a priority.
    My nails are the same. I go in spurts I'll get 'em done regularly for a year and then not. I haven't had acrylics for about 18mths now. I love getting a pedi for the relaxation of it, ahhhhhhhhhh.

My hair, oh yeah big time dyed. I have no qualms about it though and don't try and pass it off as my natural color, it so woudln't fly. I have alot of grey, I had just a streak but after Shawn being in the NICU I had a TON more and decided just to fake it

Tanning, too lazy. UNLESS I use the daily moisturizer bit. I love that Jergen's stuff!

Teeth whitening, I have a whitening toothpaste, does that count?

No padding here! I"m happy with my girls

And no botox/surgery or anything for me, I'm wayyyyyyyy too chicken!! The only surgeryish I would think about is Lasik.

Make up, Okay I love makeup and we all know that, I so don't try and pull it off as natural. Pink sparkles, natural is not

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• no flash photography...

oops I did have a surgery....but it doesn't do anything as far as nautral beauty. I had rk surgery years ago to correct my almost blind vision. my 20/450 and 20/500 vision was corrected to a 20/15 without correction and a -20/20 with correction. I wore contacts anyway, but I so love not having to worry about finding glasses in the morining and contacts...

rk= old school correction process. they actually cut the cornia to reshape it. They cut 8 slits in both my eyes. they actually had to do the surgery twice. One bad side effect is at night I see 8 beams of light coming off any light I see. I'm kind of used to it know and I do wear glasses when I drive...which helps...but at first it was evry distracting. Also at dusk I find it very difficult to see now, but other than that I'm happy and would do it again in a heartbeat..